Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,530   Posts: 187,825   Members: 6,493   Active Members: 292
Welcome to our newest member, dcaisson.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tom Bihn Bag Sightings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scattered
    replied
    Kind of like the tie on the door signals don't enter back in the old dorm days. Good idea. Like TXGirl, I'd have to use something other than a FOT pouch, since I don't have one.

Leave a comment:

• TXGirl
    replied
    Originally posted by Moose View Post
    Hi wennefer,
    In addition to a FOT handshake maybe we could establish a FOT understanding. If you have a FOT pouch visible, hanging outside of, sticking out of a pocket, its ok for you to be approached by another FOT pouch holder.
    Take it easy,
    Moose
    That's a great idea! I don't have a FOT pouch, but I guess those who don't could hang a small pouch outside our bag

Leave a comment:

• Moose
    replied
    Hi wennefer,
    In addition to a FOT handshake maybe we could establish a FOT understanding. If you have a FOT pouch visible, hanging outside of, sticking out of a pocket, its ok for you to be approached by another FOT pouch holder.
    Take it easy,
    Moose

Leave a comment:

• wennefer
    replied
    My only sighting "in the wild" was seeing a guy with a SuperEgo on the T (Boston), but didn't feel comfortable going up to him We do need that FOT secret handshake.

Not quite in the wild, I did see lots of bags (and a great bunch of people) at the DC meetup last summer.

Leave a comment:

• Tzporah
    replied
    All my sightings have been at fiber events. I'll never forget my first time at Maryland Sheep and Wool when I basically attacked this woman at the Ravelry party to dig through her Swift and see how much it held.

Leave a comment:

• blackfungi
    replied
    last year in november we were at the hong kong air port. at that time i only took my t.b. large shopping bag and my synapse with me and i saw a guy with a black checkpoint flyer. i nearly approached him to say that i also had tom bihn gear with me but i didn't thinking that it was a bit too geeky. next time i will for sure.

Leave a comment:

• flitcraft
    replied
    I've had three "sighting" experiences. Once, in the San Francisco airport, a guy with an Empire Builder was sitting at the same gate as I was, carrying my Zephyr and Western Flyer. We chatted a bit, and I tried not to be embarrassed that we were bonding over luggage. (The fact that he was probably fifteen years my junior and fairly attractive added to the embarrassment factor as we gushed about how great Tom Bihn bags are.) My second sighting was in Chicago at a conference--I had a large cafe bag, he had a ristretto, and we traded notes about our bags and how terrific they were. My third sighting was the most exotic--in the Hong Kong airport awaiting flights back to the US. It was not long after the Tristar came out, and the couple with Aeronauts were all over my Tristar. They were on the way to San Francisco, and when I said I was headed to Seattle, the first remark was, "Oh, you're so lucky to be so close to the Tom Bihn showroom!" And I guess they were right, come to think of it...

So, yeah, I think carrying a Tom Bihn bag gives you carte blanche to strike up a conversation with a stranger bearing a Bihn bag. If you see me, feel free to suggest a drink and a chat about luggage--I'm game!

Leave a comment:

• Moose
    replied
    HI Katy, below is a post I did in June of last year. To date its been my only TB sighting.
    Moose
    After flying into New York yesterday I was waiting for my next flight and I spotted a lady with an olive and (I think) cocoa Swift. I was going to talk to her but figured she might think me a bit whacky. Is there some understanding among TB owners that we can just walk up and talk to each other if spotted? I was never attracted to the Swift but after seeing one in person I might just change my mind. It really is a lovely bag.

So, if you were flying through LGA yesterday mid day you should know you were the subject of bag envy.

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    started a topic Tom Bihn Bag Sightings!

Tom Bihn Bag Sightings!

Darcy also posted this on the facebook page, but, we figured it would be fun to see your stories as well!

We're curious: how many of you have spotted someone else with a TOM BIHN bag? If there's a story behind that, share it!

Here are mine:

I'm not usually "on the look out" but I have seen a few around Seattle recently.

1. Cork Swift at Ballard Fred Meyer
    2. Crimson Medium Cafe Bag in Ballard
    3. Plum/Wasabi Ristretto for iPad at Ballard Fred Meyer (about an hour ago!)
Working...
X