Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,767   Posts: 190,595   Members: 6,646   Active Members: 256
Welcome to our newest member, JT-PFT.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Cardinal Red 1050d ballistic nylon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dear crimson,

i know that it feels like we've been together forever! i remember that bright early spring morning when i first found you on the tom bihn website. and i remember vividly that afternoon when the ups man came with a package with you inside, adorning that lovely smart alec backpack. we've shared many fond memories through the years - just you, me, and the smart alec, the aeronaut, the ego.

but alas, my dear, there is a new love in my life. her name is cardinal. no, she's not a bird. no, she's not a train. she's this gorgeous new red! and i can't stop thinking about her!!! do not cry - i will always love you and remember you. but right now, i want to go wrap myself in cardinal!

yours in loving memory,
    -maverick
    -m

Comment

Originally posted by Maria View Post
      I prefer the cardinal red...a more grown-up red!
      us kid folk like it too!
      -m

Comment

A muted red, to go with the muted blue of Navy. Interesting change of sensibility, from brights to jewel tones.

Let me guess the next new color: a muted green (Evergreen?).

Comment

Oh what I would do for a cardinal red synapse....

Comment

okay darcy, now let's see the announcement for the cardinal tires! come on, don't hold out on us!!
            -m

Comment

Originally posted by 123veo View Post
              Oh what I would do for a cardinal red synapse....
              hi 123veo!

welcome to the forum!

cardinal is being offered in 1050d ballistic nylon fabric, whereas the synapse is made with 1000d cordura.

the synapse was initially offered in crimson (again, 1000d cordura). perhaps we will see that again, or perhaps we will see the introduction of cardinal also as a 1000d cordura color?
              -m

Comment

Originally posted by gmanedit View Post
                A muted red, to go with the muted blue of Navy. Interesting change of sensibility, from brights to jewel tones.

Let me guess the next new color: a muted green (Evergreen?).
                perhaps, but it seems that hot pink still lacks representation in the line up. we might just see the introduction of hot pink 1050d ballistic nylon!!
                -m

Comment

Oh gosh, that color is so gorgeous! I wish I had known about this color before I ordered my navy Aeronaut! Hm, I might have to order a Tristar in this color....hm...

Comment

What? We have to wait until next Tuesday to find out color #6? That's cruel! I guess patience is a virtue.
                    Steel/Ultraviolet Aeronaut, Steel/Solar TriStar, Black/Steel Checkpoint Flyer, Steel Packing Cube Backpack, Steel Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, Solar Travel Tray, Snake Charmer, Pouches, 3D Clear Organizer Cube, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by JonP View Post
                      What? We have to wait until next Tuesday to find out color #6? That's cruel! I guess patience is a virtue.
                      So far Navy and Cardinal have been worth the wait, the next one will be too!!
                      http://www.tombihn.com
                      1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
                      Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Comment

Originally posted by JonP View Post
                        I'll go on record with a guess that the next new color is forest green.

Comment

Hey Maverick, thanks for the welcome! I've been lurking here quite a bit for the last few months.... I know that the synapse only comes in the cordura, it's just that I would LOVE to see it in the ballistic nylon. And red is my favourite colour, especially the rich and deep red that the cardinal red is!

Comment

"A red that makes the kind of black that blue doesn't. The kind of black that you see when you close your eyes ... a black that you are intimately familiar with ... "

Anybody know who described a shade of red that occurs and recurs in their work thus? When I heard it said a few years back, I wrote it down and it jumped in to my mind the minute Cardinal Red appeared on my screens!

Comment

I guess I can forgive you taking away Crimson which dominates my collection. Cardinal appears to be a suitable substitute.
                              Owner of : Imago, Aeronaut, Brain Bag, Smart Alec, Synapse, Co-Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by green View Post
                                I'll go on record with a guess that the next new color is forest green.
                                They used to briefly offer Hunter (green) in ballistic nylon. Maybe a variant of this that would go nicely with Conifer? If so, my Hunter/Cork/Sage Imago will be happy. (Of course, they also used to have Sage as a color in ballistic nylon, which was a variant on Steel with classy gray/green overtones. Somehow, I don't think that's the new color. Oh, and they also used to have Grape ballistic nylon.)

Comment

Working...
                                X