Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,743   Posts: 190,294   Members: 6,602   Active Members: 258
Welcome to our newest member, Hokie12.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Forest Green 1050d ballistic nylon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, what a fantastic colour - but I third the suggestion of Forest Green with Solar!

I love and adore my Indigo/Solar Tristar - and would order a Forest Green/Indigo Tristar the instant it's announced.

Audrey

Comment

Originally posted by falconea View Post
      I love and adore my Indigo/Solar Tristar - and would order a Forest Green/Indigo Tristar the instant it's announced.

Audrey

Why get another when you already have one you love and adore? (Not trying to discourage you, just curious.)

Comment

Originally posted by gmanedit View Post
        Why get another when you already have one you love and adore? (Not trying to discourage you, just curious.)
        when you really like a design, and you really like more than one color, i totally understand wanting the same bag in more than one color. others buy the same shirt or the same pair of shoes in more than one color when they really like them. certainly, we can do the same with a bag we really like!
        -m

Comment

Forest Green is beautiful, but I have to admit I am a little disappointed. I was really hoping for a yellow color. Something in the vein of the new cardinal, a deep dark yellow.
          TB in my house - Hunter Aeronaut | Indigo Brain Bag | Black/Steel/Red Ego | Steel/Wasabi ID | Steel/Crimson/Crimson Imago | Crimson/Steel/Steel Imago | Steel/Crimson Large Cafe | Olive Side Effect | Conifer Field Journal | more accessories than I like to admit

Comment

I am definitely one of those people who buy the same clothes in different colours...

Comment

I do like the Forest Green color. I am looking forward to seeing it in a WF - while I would love to have the same bag in multiple colors just for the variety of it, my wife (who just doesn't get my bag addiction) would have some difficulties with the idea.

Comment

I like the Forest (beautiful pic) - and also the recently introduced Cardinal. I like how the new Cardinal and Navy are more subdued versions of the colors they replaced.

I especially hope to see a Forest "Pilot" in the future. And hope to see even more colors in the future!

Also - thanks for all the fresh pics of the new Forest bags. It's so nice to see these gorgeous pictures instead of just having to picture them in my head.
                Last edited by dzd; 06-21-2011, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Me too.

Tom Bihn bags as well!

Comment

I knew it was going to be Forest Green! I just didn't want to spoil the surprise for everyone. I saw the comment on TB's Facebook page
                    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Comment

Darcy et al,
                      Will the Forest Green eventually be available on the backpacks (such as the Brain Bag) eventually? LOVE that color! Great choice TB!
                      Synapse 25 (steel dyneema/wasabi), Synapse 19 (conifer/steel), Empire Builder (black/steel), Ristretto for Ipad 2 (olive/cayenne), Brain Bag (black), Zephyr (black/red), Aeronaut (steel/steel), guardian dual function light, RFID blocking passport pouch, packing cubes (various sizes), horizontal freudian slip, The Kit (forest green), ultra suede screen cloth, Tom Bihn Luggage tags (x3), and who knows what is next.........

Comment

Glad you guys like Forest! Conifer is darker than and not as saturated as Forest, while Hunter (the green ballistic nylon we had a long time ago) is darker and has more blue in it.

It's unlikely that we will make Forest/Solar bags: after holding the two fabrics up together and much deliberation, we've concluded that these particular shades of green and yellow don't work well together. So far, Forest/Steel and Forest/Ultraviolet are the two Forest color combinations we plan to make.
                        Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Originally posted by TXGirl View Post
                          I knew it was going to be Forest Green! I just didn't want to spoil the surprise for everyone. I saw the comment on TB's Facebook page
                          Thanks, TXGirl.

This photo of pieces of cut fabric that will soon become grab handles on the Tri-Star (posted on June 14th, the day we debuted Cardinal) also gave a hint as to what the next color would be:

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                            Thanks, TXGirl.

This photo of pieces of cut fabric that will soon become grab handles on the Tri-Star (posted on June 14th, the day we debuted Cardinal) also gave a hint as to what the next color would be:
                            LOL..I didn't even notice the swatch next to the Cardinal. I was referring to the post below.

TOM BIHN John: We expect to offer all bags that are made with our ballistic nylon in Black, Steel, Cardinal, Navy, and Forest. Kiwi will be available in some bags, but not all.
                            June 17 at 12:40pm · Like
                            Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Piper View Post
                              Darcy et al,
                              Will the Forest Green eventually be available on the backpacks (such as the Brain Bag) eventually? LOVE that color! Great choice TB!
                              The Smart Alec backpack will be available in Forest (and Cardinal and Navy) within the next few months. As for the Brain Bag (and Synapse) -- it's currently made with an exterior of 1000d Cordura, not 1050d ballistic nylon, so it's unlikely.

Comment

Oooooh, I agree with Maverick, Forest with Iberian (anything...).

Comment

Working...
                                X