Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 15,285   Posts: 197,842   Members: 7,231   Active Members: 188
Welcome to our newest member, txtrigg.

Bags that mate ; )))

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 123veo
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2011

Bags that mate ; )))

I have a beautiful co-pilot and my partner has an aeronaut and a synapse. i still have a roll-aboard and have been ruminating and generally over-thinking which bag i want to replace the roll-aboard with. so i've been playing with the aeronaut and was thinking how great it would be if the co-pilot fit into one of the end pockets (and then could be taken out once on board the plane/boat/train/camel - i.e. containing all of the goodies that you want easy access to while en voyage). but, alas, it does not fit (unless you cram it in and fold it over slightly - something you couldn't do if it was full of goodies and goods). so, just a thought, but it would be really cool if there was a way to build future bags that could accommodate other bags. well, specifically, i'd love to be able to fit a co-pilot into the end pocket of the aeronaut.
  • Tzporah
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2008

I'm pretty sure that if you could fit the co-pilot in an end pocket, that the bag would be too tall to qualify as carryon. You should be able to get it into the center section of the aeronaut. I can put a pretty well loaded Swift in there to run through the airport.

Comment

• 123veo
      Forum Member
      • Apr 2011

ya, probably. while i know that the bag will fit in the centre section, i just think that it would have been sooooo handy to have it in an end pocket so that you could just pull it out, good to go. ah, just sharing what i was thinking.

Comment

• tCook
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2010

I totally went marsupial with my Brain Bag and Synapse last weekend. I much prefer the Synapse for my everyday backpack, so I packed it in the front half of the Brain Bag to get through security and whatnot. At the gate just before boarding, I removed the Synapse (and rearranged just a few things) and cinched up the side straps on the Brain Bag. Brain Bag went in the overhead bin, Synapse at my feet. Worked like a charm!

Comment

• 123veo
          Forum Member
          • Apr 2011

sweet! that's exactly what i mean! marsupial - brilliant!

Comment

• Frank II
            Forum Member
            • Mar 2009

It will fit into the center section of a Tri-Star. I usually put my on-board bag, currently a LCB, into that section. Then, when on board, I unzip, pull out the LCB, and store the TS in the overhead. Couldn't be easier.
            Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers.

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Comment

• Yonkdaddy
              Forum Member
              • Apr 2011

Hey, Frank... sorry, but what's an "LCB"?
              YonkDaddy!
              Black/Iberian Aeronaut, Steel/Wasabi Synapse25, Black/UV Synapse19, Black/Steel Western Flyer, Black Checkpoint Flyer, Steel/Wasabi Side Effect, Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, Travel Tray, numerous packing cubes, organizer pouches

Comment

• dorayme
                TB Ravelry *********
                • Jun 2010

Large Cafe Bag
                I really, really like TB Bags!

Comment

• Frank II
                  Forum Member
                  • Mar 2009

LCB=Large Cafe Bag
                  MCB=Medium Cafe Bag
                  SCB=Small Cafe Bag

WF=Western Flyer
                  TS=Tri-Star

FOT=Friends of Tom

TBAS=Tom Bihn Acquisition Syndrome

IIBATBBM(W/H/S/P)IGTMMSOTC=If I buy another Tom Bihn bag, my(wife/husband/spouse/partner) is going to make me sleep on the couch

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Comment

• tCook
                    Forum Member
                    • Jul 2010

Also, this isn't technically what you're referring to, but I use the Western Flyer packing cube in the back section of the Brain Bag for my clothes.

And I swear, this thread isn't helping me resist buying the Tri-Star. Thanks, Frank II.

Comment

• 123veo
                      Forum Member
                      • Apr 2011

Oooooh, Frank, I have really been struggling between the Tri-Star and the Aeronaut. I like the idea of putting the co-pilot in the middle compartment. do you think that there would be room for anything else in the middle compartment?

Comment

• Frank II
                        Forum Member
                        • Mar 2009

I don't have a Co-Pilot.....but.....just looking at its dimensions, it should only take up a little more than 1/2 of the center compartment Excluding the strap that is.

Within a week or so, I'll have a full review of the Tri-Star on One Bag, One World.

Comment

• Birdfeeder
                          Forum Member
                          • Jun 2011

Okay - I couldn't resist. I just ran in and put my Co-Pilot into the center compartment of my Tri-Star. If you put it all the way to one side, there is about 6 inches (15 cm.) of space left at the other side. Of course if the Co-Pilot is very full, it will limit what you can put in the two outer compartments.

Comment

• pretzelb
                            Forum Member
                            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by 123veo View Post
                            Oooooh, Frank, I have really been struggling between the Tri-Star and the Aeronaut. I like the idea of putting the co-pilot in the middle compartment. do you think that there would be room for anything else in the middle compartment?
                            I'm sure you could fit more but were planning to stuff the co-pilot first? Right now my co-pilot is in my Synapse as I try to organize things a bit and it fits with plenty of room.
                            Owner of : Imago, Aeronaut, Brain Bag, Smart Alec, Synapse, Co-Pilot

Comment

• 123veo
                              Forum Member
                              • Apr 2011

Thanks birdfeeder (well, and everyone else)! I think I'm leaning towards the aeronaut (i like that cavernous middle section) but am strangely attracted to the red oxx c-ruck as well. i realize that they are totally different kinds of bags, but for some reason i am drawn to it. anyone want to talk me out of it?

Comment

Working...
                              X