Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,492   Posts: 187,435   Members: 6,453   Active Members: 336
Welcome to our newest member, parisbandarq.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going marsupial! TB Bags that fit inside other TB bags.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a very good way to pack bags for storage purposes. I have 2 S19s packed into one BB compartment and a LS inside a Swift packed into another compartment. These are the bags I don't use as often (including the BB), so I have them packed away neatly in one bag. My CP is packed into a Pilot and sits in a corner with my partner's Zephyr. And my current "heavy rotation" S19 is packed into my S25, which I also use often, but isn't currently in use. I'm currently using my SA and Ego a lot, so those don't hold anything inside.

Comment

Originally posted by adalangdon View Post
      This is a very good way to pack bags for storage purposes. .
      In case anyone is interested to know, I can fit all of the following in the A45: A30, Pilot, TLSS, 1 L and 1 end pocket packing cube for the A45, S19, MCB. I do not keep my S25 and DLBP in there but I could, and do when those bags are not in my EDC rotation. I store my TS and NFTD separately because their shapes aren't conducive to being stuffed into an A45.

The best part of this arrangement is that when everything is packed up it looks like I only have three bags, instead of some massive problem. >_<

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Am I the the only crazy fella who's getting tempted by all these posts to get larger TB bag(s) so I can store my existing TB bags in them?
        >.<"
        This forum is terrible! Terrible, I say! (For my wallet, that is T_T....)

Comment

I forgot to mention: when everything is all packed up, it appears I only have three bags. You know, instead of a massive problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post

The best part of this arrangement is that when everything is packed up it looks like I only have three bags, instead of some massive problem. >_<
            Hmmmmm, to me having only three bags would be THE massive problem... well, we come in all sizes, don't we ;-).
            “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

Originally posted by icebeng View Post
              Am I the the only crazy fella who's getting tempted by all these posts to get larger TB bag(s) so I can store my existing TB bags in them?
              >.<"
              This forum is terrible! Terrible, I say! (For my wallet, that is T_T....)
              Don't forget the Skookum Dog Duffles for your storage needs!

Comment

I'm pretty sure the 15" MBPR Cache fits inside a Size 1 Brain Cell, yes? Because that would turn the expensive consequences of a miscommunication over the size of my work laptop into a really flexible, awesome solution to several problems at once

Comment

Originally posted by adalangdon View Post
                  This is a very good way to pack bags for storage purposes. I have 2 S19s packed into one BB compartment and a LS inside a Swift packed into another compartment. These are the bags I don't use as often (including the BB), so I have them packed away neatly in one bag. My CP is packed into a Pilot and sits in a corner with my partner's Zephyr. And my current "heavy rotation" S19 is packed into my S25, which I also use often, but isn't currently in use. I'm currently using my SA and Ego a lot, so those don't hold anything inside.
                  I can't do that because. inside every one of my bags are items stored for specific uses.

The only one that might qualify is the Tristar which is housing Packing Cubes Backpacks.

But, I love playing the marsupial game with my EDCs.
                  Last edited by backpack; 12-21-2014, 04:25 AM.

Comment

Has anyone tried a side effect in the side pockets of the Pilot? Did a quick forum search and couldn't find an answer.

Comment

@Larsitron

Yes, my Ballistic/Iberian Side Effect fits great vertically in the side pocket of my Ballistic Pilot. I have this setup as my EDC normally. Here is a shot of it in the side pocket (it goes vertically in the pocket, not side ways like in the picture - I was trying to get a good view of the SE so I half pulled it out of the side pocket).

Hope this helps

Cheers!
                      Last edited by tpnl; 02-05-2015, 01:53 PM.
                      TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Comment

Thanks so much tpnl!

Comment

I am deciding between the Daylight Briefcase + ( Synapse 19 OR Smart Alec ) for my London>Nigeria>London trip. I realized that one point in the Smart Alec's favor is that the DLBC, fully loaded, fits well inside the SA, along with a few other items What this means for my return trip, where I'll be traveling lighter and will have a long layover in London, is that I can wear just the one bag, and still have my laptop in the DLBC, to pull out in case I need to check the backpack for whatever reason.

I don't know if it is clear, but the DLBC is positioned in the back of the SA. It blends in with the interior color so it is hard to see.
                          (Also, please excuse my ugly carpet. In my defense, I live in a rental, and have no say when it comes to wall or carpets.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3075.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	296787

I'm still deciding, though. The Smart Alec is larger than what I intended to use, and might be awkward on the "tube".
                          Last edited by bchaplin; 06-19-2015, 04:21 AM.
                          ----
                          All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
                          Edmund Burke

Comment

Originally posted by bchaplin View Post
                            I am deciding between the Daylight Briefcase + ( Synapse 19 OR Smart Alec ) for my London>Nigeria>London trip. I realized that one point in the Smart Alec's favor is that the DLBC, fully loaded, fits well inside the SA, along with a few other items What this means for my return trip, where I'll be traveling lighter and will have a long layover in London, is that I can wear just the one bag, and still have my laptop in the DLBC, to pull out in case I need to check the backpack for whatever reason.

I don't know if it is clear, but the DLBC is positioned in the back of the SA. It blends in with the interior color so it is hard to see.
                            (Also, please excuse my ugly carpet. In my defense, I live in a rental, and have no say when it comes to wall or carpets.)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12294[/ATTACH]

I'm still deciding, though. The Smart Alec is larger than what I intended to use, and might be awkward on the "tube".
                            Your carpet sets off the Nordic beautifully!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

What time do you expect to be in the tube? If it's not peak commuting time, I think you'd be ok with the SA. It can get crowded when folks are going to/from work, but you'd be fine if you had a seat or held it by the handle along side your legs. There are also some areas on the Tube where you can wedge yourself into a corner very nicely if you want to keep your bag on your back. Each train cart has an area where people can leave their suitcases so there are big blocks of standing room in the trains.
                              You'll have no problem getting a seat in Heathrow. Going back, you might have to stand in Zones 1 and 2 if it is peak travel time, but then the train really thins out.

Comment

Unfortunately, I land at 5:30am, so it may be exactly rush hour when I shower and then hit the tube. We'll see.
                                Hopefully the Smart Alec will be packed lightly, and I should be able to swing it around in front of me and not be too obnoxious, or if I get a seat, put it on my lap. That's interesting about the suitcase storage areas! The Boston subway doesn't have anything like that. People do bring suitcases and it is very awkward as there is no place for them.
                                Beth

Originally posted by Pokilani View Post
                                What time do you expect to be in the tube? If it's not peak commuting time, I think you'd be ok with the SA. It can get crowded when folks are going to/from work, but you'd be fine if you had a seat or held it by the handle along side your legs. There are also some areas on the Tube where you can wedge yourself into a corner very nicely if you want to keep your bag on your back. Each train cart has an area where people can leave their suitcases so there are big blocks of standing room in the trains.
                                You'll have no problem getting a seat in Heathrow. Going back, you might have to stand in Zones 1 and 2 if it is peak travel time, but then the train really thins out.

----
                                All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
                                Edmund Burke

Comment

Working...
                                X