Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,770   Posts: 190,609   Members: 6,653   Active Members: 262
Welcome to our newest member, bulletproofcharm.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dear eBay,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Janine
    replied
    Originally posted by jaon View Post
    You have a piece of the mythical Sapphire Dyneema? What piece and where are pictures? I'm not sure I believe in Sapphire Dyneema.
    This is a lousy photo but I don't have my good camera right now. Sorry!

It's an old-style Stuff Sack with a fabric bottom and the closed yarn guide. I am in love! Sapphire is more of a royal blue in person, not the overbright go-team blue that shows in this lousy picture. But I can assure you it is real!

Leave a comment:

• jaon
    replied
    Originally posted by Janine View Post
    even a piece of the elusive Sapphire Dyneema.
    You have a piece of the mythical Sapphire Dyneema? What piece and where are pictures? I'm not sure I believe in Sapphire Dyneema.

Leave a comment:

• Janine
    replied
    Dear eBay,

Thank you. Really, THANK YOU. Because of my letter, I now own a wonderful set of Indigo travel bags and even a piece of the elusive Sapphire Dyneema. This forum is a wonderful place for so many reasons, and the friendliness and generosity of the forum members is at the top of that list.

All but one of my new blue lovelies are used, but they all look new. Even the bags that I know were carried often still look great. The quality and durability of Tom Bihn products is amazing. I know that I'll get many years of good service from my Indigo collection and other Tom Bihn bags.

Your pal,
    Janine

ps. An Indigo/Solar Co-Pilot would be kinda cool. Just sayin'.

Leave a comment:

• jaon
    replied
    Originally posted by jaon View Post
    My SO knows, I think. However I'm trying to hook him. I'm planning a nice messenger bag for him, once I figure out what size.
    Katy may have hooked him. I bought him an absolute strap from someone on Ravelry. When it arrived it had none of the hardware to hook it to his bag. He called yesterday and got Katy. He explained the situation and she told him they'd send it out. He got off the phone totally stunned. Great bags and great customer service. My next order is just waiting on the money and final decisions on the little stuff.

Leave a comment:

• TXGirl
    replied
    I received my eBay laptop cache today. I only paid $13.50 for it & still had the tags on it!!

Leave a comment:

• misterN
    replied
    Dearest Ebay,

Please come up with an Aeronaut with low buy it now price that I can scoop up before I decide to bite the bullet and become more in credit card debt.

Your truely,
    Zach

Leave a comment:

• jaon
    replied
    My SO knows, I think. However I'm trying to hook him. I'm planning a nice messenger bag for him, once I figure out what size.

Leave a comment:

• ncb4
    replied
    Add me to the list of wives not wanting their husbands to realize the full extent of their VAST and ever-increasing TB collection!

Leave a comment:

• TXGirl
    replied
    LOL..I know exactly what you mean about not wanting the hubby to realize how much TB you have. That's why I send some of my shipments to my mom's house as well

Leave a comment:

• falconea
    replied
    It will clean fine - just a bit of dust and crap such as small fragments of paper inside, not stains or smells or anything.

I don't know if I want to put the TB collection together in one place... I don't think my husband quite realises how much of it there is and I think it is better that he doesn't find out!

Lets see - the big stuff:

Synapse: Kelly/Steel (spare), Indigo/Solar (my EDC), Navy/Solar (my husband's EDC)
    Smart Alec: Steel. (Traded this for the surplus Dyneema Synapse with a lovely forum member in Sydney.)
    Brain Bag: Sapphire. (My husband's - for travel)
    Tristar: Indigo/Solar. (My travel bag)
    Zephyr: Steel/Wasabi (mine), Black/Wasabi (my husband's)
    Empire Builder: Black/Sapphire
    Utility Tote: about 9 of them, in different colours. Used for shopping, and colours used to prevent cross-contamination. Crimson=raw meat, Black=soap, laundry liquids etc. that you don't want near food, etc. Also used as colour swatches. :+>
    Large Shop Bag: about 6-8 of them, in Solar, Iberian and UV.
    Little Swift: 2 x Kiwi, and Forest and Cardinal.
    Field Journal: Conifer

And of course millions of pouches, stuff sacks, packing cubes, several Kits, etc.

Not to forget a drawer full of Absolute Straps - they're fantastic!

Audrey

Leave a comment:

• ncb4
    replied
    Originally posted by falconea View Post
    My eBay Empire Builder arrived today, black with sapphire lining!

Not quite as clean as I'd like it to be, but that's easily fixed.

Came with an Absolute Strap as well, which I wasn't expecting!

Anyway, will come in handy I think for transporting part of my library around.

Audrey
    You got the Sapphire lining you were hoping for, which sounds beautiful: and the Absolute Strap is a wonderful bonus. Just hope you're able to clean it up—and then maybe some pictures?

Leave a comment:

• falconea
    replied
    My eBay Empire Builder arrived today, black with sapphire lining!

Not quite as clean as I'd like it to be, but that's easily fixed.

Came with an Absolute Strap as well, which I wasn't expecting!

Anyway, will come in handy I think for transporting part of my library around.

Audrey

Leave a comment:

• misterN
    replied
    Yea I've been definitely checking eBay a lot lately. That was where I won my Ristretto for iPad--(which subsequently convinced me to get my Ristretto for 13" macbook air.)

Leave a comment:

• falconea
    replied
    Oh, wow, the same seller had an Empire Builder, and he's located in Sydney so the shipping isn't too silly!

It has a "blue" lining. I'm hoping for Sapphire!

Audrey

Leave a comment:

• dorayme
    replied
    Originally posted by holoholo View Post
    DEAL/STEAL of the year?

Tom Bihn black Aeronaught cabin bag carry on near new - eBay (item 300586738808 end time Aug-09-11 11:14:39 PDT)

Saw this pop up yesterday am. Showed it to my friend and it took a few seconds, but purchased it almost as fast as it was posted.

Will get to see it when it arrives...will see if its the real deal. BTW, I would have grabbed it, even though I am perfectly fine with my Tri-star.
    I saw this on my daily browse and when I refreshed to see deets it was gone, great steal for your friend!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X