Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,582   Posts: 188,368   Members: 6,552   Active Members: 301
Welcome to our newest member, LucaDebenh.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2new mystery swift colors???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynia
    replied
    Yay! I've been looking for a knitting bag for months. I really wanted a swift but none of the colors were really me. I'm so happy that I now have a forest/hemp coming my way

Leave a comment:

• Cymberleah
    replied
    Hmm. If they weren't closing I-90 for the Blue Angels tomorrow, I'd say then, but traffic going over the lake will be a nightmare. My next time I'll be close by when you are open will be the 15th, unless you are open on a Saturday between now and then.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by Cymberleah View Post
    I'd also love to volunteer to model bags for Tom Bihn.
    Cool. When do you think you're next visit will be?

Leave a comment:

• ncb4
    replied
    Originally posted by Katy View Post
    You can take my place!
    Someone else (like me) who'd rather be behind the camera than in front of it?

I love the Navy, the Cardinal, and the Forest, but am surprising myself by liking the Forest/Hemp best: I would not have predicted that, since I tend to think of Forest Green as a "default" color for all things camping-related. But this Forest Green is gorgeous, and it works well with the Hemp. However, seeing the Cardinal makes me happy that my Cardinal/Cardinal Little Swift will be arriving in a couple of weeks.

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    replied
    Originally posted by Cymberleah View Post

You can take my place!

Leave a comment:

• Cymberleah
    replied
    I have the navy/steel swift, and I have to say, while the Cardinal and Forest offerings are quite cool, the navy still has my heart.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by alex m View Post
    Now you're just taunting me, Darcy...
    Are you on Ravelry? There might be someone there who's willing/wanting to trade.

Leave a comment:

• MrKnitster
    replied
    Now you're just taunting me, Darcy...

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Another photo of the Cardinal/Hemp.

Leave a comment:

• MrKnitster
    replied
    Arrggh! Cardinal/Hemp is my ideal swift! I bought the olive/linen (which is still beautiful) last year, but now I wish I had waited for the cardinal/hemp.

Anyone want to buy a cardinal/hemp and swap it with me for the olive/linen???

Leave a comment:

• dorayme
    replied
    Originally posted by Moose View Post
    dorayme, what to do? Why, one of each of course.
    Moose
    Lol, as much as that sounds like a grand plan, in application it wouldn't quite work out for me. For one Rocky would kill me. For two, as it is, I have already breeched my bag storage spaces and am spilling into overflow which gets sideways looks. (If much more came to live here I would have to start posting about how nice a plant holder the Forest/Hemp becomes when I'm not carrying it and 101 one ways to use the Cardinal Hemp around the house). For three, I have other obsessions that are starting to be jealous like my yarn and fiber stashes; and the shoes are staging an uprising as evidenced by the first desoling I've ever experienced when my Teva Spiders lost the entire outer heel at camp.
    I'm sure there will be much more TB in my future, but a girl of my resources has to pace herself. . .

Leave a comment:

• Moose
    replied
    dorayme;27984]oh, the Forest/Hemp is also very nice, much more of a visual contrast of light and dark, IMHO. So many choices, what to do, what to do???

dorayme, what to do? Why, one of each of course.
    Moose

Leave a comment:

• dorayme
    replied
    I just realized, the Navy/Steel AND Forest/Hemp especially IMHO would work nicely for teh menz knittaz'. Any knitter men here on TB???

Leave a comment:

• dorayme
    replied
    Originally posted by LiLin View Post
    Same here, Dorayme - I had posted same comment on this forum before. I take it back. The navy/steel looks sharp. I think a forest/black would be stunning, and a kiwi/hemp would be gorgeous. I do not like too much contrast in my bags .
    Maybe the contrast is what bothers me too. I have thought the Kiwi/Hemp would be a fantastic 3 color combo and wondered why it was never done since both were fabrics in the LS so having a bigger coordinating version to me just made sense.

Leave a comment:

• Walker
    replied
    Same here, Dorayme - I had posted same comment on this forum before. I take it back. The navy/steel looks sharp. I think a forest/black would be stunning, and a kiwi/hemp would be gorgeous. I do not like too much contrast in my bags .

Originally posted by dorayme View Post
    I have to recant. I have said I wasn't a fan of the tri-color swift, but the Navy/Steel is an exception. Exceptionally well done imho!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X