Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,576   Posts: 188,292   Members: 6,532   Active Members: 277
Welcome to our newest member, Skysarwer.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever been stalked because of your bags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moriond
    replied
    Originally posted by Lani View Post
    I got so excited I actually interrupted my husband (who was happily reading his Kindle) and said, "Hey look! He's carrying a Tri-Star like yours honey!!!!"

He peered over, nodded, and said, "Ahh. Hey, that's a really nice color. I like it better than mine." (his at the time was that cobalt blue).

"You like the grey one better than the blue one I got you?" I gave him a slightly quizzical/puzzled/kinda-frowny look.

"Well yeah... it's not black, but I'd feel more comfortable with a gray bag for my business trips," he replied.

"Oooooooh, OK."

That was the end of our conversation at the time. He went back to his Kindle, and I went back to spying on the guy ("How is it packed? It doesn't look too stuffed. I wonder if he uses packing cubes? on and on).

However come December 25, guess what Santa brought my husband? A grey Tri-Star!

...and I got the cobalt one. Weeeeee!!!!!
    @Lani My Indigo Tri-Star says that it "Deeply represents your husband's insensitive remarks" about its color and wants everyone to know it is glad that its fellow Tri-Star has found a more deserving and appreciative owner.

moriond

Leave a comment:

• dzd
    replied
    I don't think I've been stalked, but I too have stalked others to get better ogles at their bags and sometimes ask for some info, especially when a bag looks European or Japanese/Asian - a brand not normally sold in North America.

Leave a comment:

• Lani
    replied
    Wow, your co-worker is so shy; I would've asked right away! I've been known to stop strangers on the street or rewind the TV to catch a better glimpse of bags and purses.

My husband and I were at JFK on our way to Turkey last year, and were eating at the food court when I happened to spy a fellow diner a few tables over with... a steel gray Tri-Star! OMG!!!! An on-the-scene Tom Bihn bag sighting! I got so excited I actually interrupted my husband (who was happily reading his Kindle) and said, "Hey look! He's carrying a Tri-Star like yours honey!!!!"

He peered over, nodded, and said, "Ahh. Hey, that's a really nice color. I like it better than mine." (his at the time was that cobalt blue).

"You like the grey one better than the blue one I got you?" I gave him a slightly quizzical/puzzled/kinda-frowny look.

"Well yeah... it's not black, but I'd feel more comfortable with a gray bag for my business trips," he replied.

"Oooooooh, OK."

That was the end of our conversation at the time. He went back to his Kindle, and I went back to spying on the guy ("How is it packed? It doesn't look too stuffed. I wonder if he uses packing cubes? on and on).

However come December 25, guess what Santa brought my husband? A grey Tri-Star!

...and I got the cobalt one. Weeeeee!!!!!

End of story. [Hey, there was some "stalking" in there! I kept trying to spy without looking conspicuous!"]

Leave a comment:

• Moose
    started a topic Have you ever been stalked because of your bags?

Have you ever been stalked because of your bags?

Every day I carry my ultraviolet Synapse and sometimes a small ultraviolet Shop Bag. I realized yesterday one of my coworkers has been stalking me because of my bags. Finally she stopped me on my way out last night. She wanted to know where I got my bags and who made them. She'd been watching me for days because she loved the color. It seems she noticed I had a matching pair of bags and just finally had to ask. Of course I took the opportunity to show her the bags and pointed out all the wonderful details. I also gave her the website to visit. We may have another TB fan joining the ranks.
    Take care,
    Moose
Working...
X