Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,524   Posts: 187,780   Members: 6,486   Active Members: 307
Welcome to our newest member, ozzyrussell.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

s/h Aeronaut and full packing cube+backpack set for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

s/h Aeronaut and full packing cube+backpack set for sale

Hi,

In an effort to maintain true 'one bag travel', now I've bought a TriStar (my comparison review) I'm selling my Aeronaut, with a full set of packing cubes+backpack.

It's on eBay UK, and would probably suit UK/EU person, but I'll ship to US as well.

Tom Bihn Aeronaut : high-end cabin bag + full set of packing cubes + backpacks | eBay

Thanks (and thanks to the forum chaps for ok'ing this post).

Guy.

Oh soo tempting. This auction is going to have its own tab on my browser.
    Super Ego w/Seat Belt Buckle [Black/Steel/Wasabi], Cadet 13/15 [Cardinal/Steel], Aeronaut 45 [Cardinal/Steel], 13" Ristretto (Old) [Olive/Cayenne], Synapse 19 [Indigo/Iberian], Camera I/O, and a whole bunch of other goodies.

Comment

Originally posted by guydickins View Post
      Hi,
      In an effort to maintain true 'one bag travel', now I've bought a TriStar (my comparison review) I'm selling my Aeronaut, with a full set of packing cubes+backpack.
      I thought that meant one bag per trip.

Comment

Originally posted by gmanedit View Post
        heh, good point. I'm trying to literally have 'one bag' - then I can't spend time worrying about which bag to take

Comment

Originally posted by gmanedit View Post
          Well hopefully your "loss," (if you can call it that,) will be someone's (preferably me) gain.
          Super Ego w/Seat Belt Buckle [Black/Steel/Wasabi], Cadet 13/15 [Cardinal/Steel], Aeronaut 45 [Cardinal/Steel], 13" Ristretto (Old) [Olive/Cayenne], Synapse 19 [Indigo/Iberian], Camera I/O, and a whole bunch of other goodies.

Comment

heh, good point. I'm trying to literally have 'one bag' - then I can't spend time worrying about which bag to take
            In awe of your minimalist style and sense of organization.

Note to self - try harder!
            "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

Comment

I tried that once. . . it didn't work out very well.
              I spied your set on eBay before you listed here and wondered if it was you!

So you don't think the PCSB would still work well with your TriStar? I can understand the PCBP being different/wrong dimensions. Or is there another reason it's going with the Aeronaut set?
              I really, really like TB Bags!

Comment

Originally posted by dorayme View Post
                I spied your set on eBay before you listed here and wondered if it was you!

So you don't think the PCSB would still work well with your TriStar? I can understand the PCBP being different/wrong dimensions. Or is there another reason it's going with the Aeronaut set?
                The Tri-Star is slightly smaller--maybe with his gear it just doesn't work out?

Comment

PCBP - the Packing Cube backpack, right?

Actually, it does fit into the TriStar ok - but when I've used it, it was mainly to lug around a macbook and power supply. My powers supply fits in the SFBags Macbook Air sleeve/case, so not really needed.

I used the shoulder bag end cube a lot more than the backpack (not a fan of permanent backpacks). Maybe I should have kept that...

And, as it was designed for the Aeronaut, and I thought it would be nice to include it with the whole set.

Comment

Gotcha, I have a PCSB and my intention is to use it with my WF. I was just wondering if there was an issue as to why it wouldn't work well.
                    I really, really like TB Bags!

Comment

I just got my WF on Friday, and one of the first things I did was check to see if a PCSB fits in it. It does! I was so excited that first I bounced up and down for a while, and then I placed an order for a PCBP. *cough cough* And a Synapse. *cough cough*
                      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Comment

Ohhhh I SOOO know what you mean! I mean, I only wear one pair of shoes at a time, but if someone told me I could only own one pair of shoes because I can't wear more than one pair at a time, well... I'd have to bop them with my shoes!!!

Yeah I'm curious, too. Even when just carrying a single carry-on, my bag is usually filled with organizer bags. And having PCSB/PCBPs give me so many options when I get to my destination. Smaller purse (PCSB)? Check. Tiny purse (Side Effect)? Check. Day trip (PCBP)? Check.

Comment

Sigh, the bids went outside of what I could afford

Comment

Well, from this side of the pond TB bags can look a little pricey. Partly thats down to our devalued currency, partly the high costs of delivery from half way round the world, partly because UK Value Added Tax at 20% + import duty + UPS 'handling fee and, of course because TB bags are a quality, hand made, premium product. However, our 'investment' is vindicated when we see a set of used bags exceeding the new cost (excluding delivery/duty costs) and only slightly missing the total purchase price on eBay. I can't imagine many other brands doing that. Congratulations Guy! Thank you to all at TB for great products!

Comment

Hi everyone,

Thanks for kind words (and well made point) 'Fat Crip' (feels weird referencing you like that

fwiw, after paying the ebay and paypal fees (15% total), the sale matched the (shipped within USA) amount I paid for the 'bare' Tristar+strap.

So, for me, it's been a zero-cost 'side-grade' to the Tri-Star, and just as importantly, someone gets to use the Aeronaut (rather than it being in the cupboard).

And far more importantly, I've removed the 'which bag?' packing decision for my next trip :-)

I was surprised the auction went as high as it did, I honestly expected it to go for less.

But, the buyer will still save a fair chunk over new (if as you pointed out, if factoring in EU including shipping, import charges etc).

As an auction, and with shipping to the US c. £40, I think this mainly made sense to EU Tom Bihn fans (as the bids suggest).

Would be great if Tom setup an EU distributor, huh?

Again, thanks to the Tom Bihn forum chaps for allowing me to post the auction link.

Comment

Working...
                              X