Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,494   Posts: 187,451   Members: 6,454   Active Members: 329
Welcome to our newest member, bored_and_agitated.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who preordered a Kindle Fire? More importantly, will there be a new Cache for it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alle-mark
    replied
    Thanks for explaining the covers for Amazon Kindle Fire. I found that Amazon Kindle Fire Skin Cover is the best option with perfect fitting.

Leave a comment:

• Foggy Morn
    replied
    What Illinifan said.

To be honest, I'm not all that clear as to why I pre-ordered the Fire other than I love reading on my K3 (and on my K1 before that) and also enjoy reading via the Kindle app on my iPad2, so I guess one more way to read isn't a bad thing. Since I have thousands of physical books, a few e-readers isn't completely out of the question.

A little baby Fire Breve or Cache would indeed be nice.

Leave a comment:

• Illinifan
    replied
    I'm a tech gadget guy who already has a Kindle 3 and iPad but pre-ordered anyways. I like the smaller form factor and that it's powered by Android. Paired with the iPad, the Fire will hopefully give you the best of the mobile os platforms. I'm hoping that they can complement each other and both have a spot in my daily kit.

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied
    Originally posted by Gabe View Post
    I can't find the Kindle pouches in the store. I know they used to be there, as I got one for my mom for Christmas. . .am I missing them, or are they well and truly gone?
    Elsewhere on the forum there is confirmation that the Kindle pouches are just on temporary hiatus. If you need a pouch asap, use a medium padded organizer pouch--we have a Kindle in one right now so I know that it fits.

Leave a comment:

• Gabe
    replied
    So, my best friend (hi, d8uv!) got me a Kindle. . .but I can't find the Kindle pouches in the store. I know they used to be there, as I got one for my mom for Christmas. . .am I missing them, or are they well and truly gone?

Leave a comment:

• Janine
    replied
    *raises hand*

I have a Kindle 3 and I love it. I have an HTC Evo 4G phone and it's pretty nice. I have an original iPad and I like it a lot. I'll be getting an iPad 2 at work in the next few weeks. Do I need the Fire? Of course not. But I get an allowance, and that's what I choose to spend it on.

I also chose to spend my allowance on a Synapse, which apparently shipped today, which is weeks sooner than I expected! W00t! *happy dance*

Leave a comment:

• mplsnst
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffmac View Post
    Actually, if it hits $249 I think it is pretty compelling and at $199 I would take it over the Fire every time.
    I'm not so tempted by the Flyer, but the as yet unreleased Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7", which was expected to cost $300+, is now rumored to be getting a price drop ahead of release as well. If that one comes in under $250, I'll be sorely tempted to cancel my Fire order.

Leave a comment:

• LarryA
    replied
    I have a Kindle 1 and a Kindle 3, and I pre-ordered the Fire. I have $80 in Amazon credit, so my final cost was only $118...at that price I couldn't say no!

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    replied
    Originally posted by gmanedit View Post
    Why? It's perfectly good at what you bought it for.

Do you need another one? Sounds like you don't even want another one, but it's a duty.
    Nope... I want it. Thats the issue. It's so much smallerrrrrrrrrr.

Leave a comment:

• gmanedit
    replied
    Originally posted by Katy View Post
    *sigh* I feel like.. I just bought my Kindle..and now I need another one.
    Why? It's perfectly good at what you bought it for.

Do you need another one? Sounds like you don't even want another one, but it's a duty.

Leave a comment:

• jannilee
    replied
    sigh... I SO love somewhat geeky conversations!

Leave a comment:

• jeffmac
    replied
    It is not a pairing issue. Android does not have an HID Bluetooth stack as part of its distribution. The version in the tablets does but the Flyer and the View use the phone OS version of Android.

Luckily, HTC has added that capability to the View and Flyer, but the driver stack is not in place in most of the phones. Some phones will work with this after market option from Teksoft.

So the keyboard works well with most 7 inch tablets except for the Samsung, but the phones are hit and miss...my EVO 4G does not. So the phone will appear to pair but not do anything.

Leave a comment:

• Frank II
    replied
    I don't know if you've seen this, but someone posted directions for synching with Android:

In Android:
    Turn on blue tooth.
    Scan for devices.

Keyboard:
    Turn on the keyboard.
    Push the "Pair" button with a pen.

Android:
    Select the keyboard.
    It will ask for a 4 number password. Enter any 4 numbers.
    Press OK

Keyboard:
    Enter the same 4 number password you entered in Android.
    Press Enter.

Leave a comment:

• jeffmac
    replied
    Actually, if it hits $249 I think it is pretty compelling and at $199 I would take it over the Fire every time.

I reviewed the Verbatim Keyboard on my site and it is a great portable solution. Works well with all Apple products but it is hit and miss on the Android front.

And no one really "needs" a tablet. Steve Jobs has convinced us we do!
    Last edited by jeffmac; 10-03-2011, 11:11 AM. Reason: verbosity

Leave a comment:

• Frank II
    replied
    I agree, it has to drop a lot more.

I just got a bluetooth folding keyboard Amazon.com: Verbatim 97537 Wireless Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, iPad2 and Other Tablets (Piano Black): Electronics for my Ipod Touch.

It works great. I don't watch movies on it or play "action" games so I'm wondering if I really need a tablet right now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X