Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,821   Posts: 191,252   Members: 6,714   Active Members: 268
Welcome to our newest member, Nemad.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing the Cadet laptop briefcase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffmac View Post
    Hey Katy, will the Cadet fit in the center section of the Tristar?
    The 11/iPad version will. The 15/13 will not.
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Comment

Originally posted by Katy View Post
      I'm still working on my excuse..

First it was: It will match my Tri-Star! Then I realized I use my Brain Cell with my Tri-Star so that wasn't a good enough excuse.

Current excuse: Because it's Navy!!!
      Since this summer I acquired both a Co-Pilot and a Cafe Bag to carry my iPad and/or Macbook Air 11, I too am searching for an excuse—but I imagine it won't be long in coming. Because the design and look of this bag are absolutely gorgeous. And I have to agree, Katy: the Navy/Solar is calling my name as well. How long can I resist?

Comment

15" MBP Cache Dimensions

The measurements for the 15" MBP Cache in the Fit List are a bit off I believe

"The 15" MacBook Pro Cadet Cache has interior dimensions of approximately 0.6 × 0.4 × 0.0 inches (14 × 10 × 1 mm), and fits these computers:"

What are they really?

I am really taken with the Cadet, It's like a Synapse ate a Copilot.

Comment

Bah. I'm trying to figure out if there is any way that I could fit my 13" Air in the 11" Cadet >.<
          Super Ego w/Seat Belt Buckle [Black/Steel/Wasabi], Cadet 13/15 [Cardinal/Steel], Aeronaut 45 [Cardinal/Steel], 13" Ristretto (Old) [Olive/Cayenne], Synapse 19 [Indigo/Iberian], Camera I/O, and a whole bunch of other goodies.

Comment

Perhaps in the main compartment. What type of water bottle are we talking about here?
            18 oz Klean Kanteen? But water bottles are like two cents, so I could get another one.

Comment

Originally posted by thax View Post
              It's like a Synapse ate a Copilot.
              Or it's like the Synapse made tender love to the Co-Pilot and produced a miracle baby.

Comment

Originally posted by thax View Post
                The measurements for the 15" MBP Cache in the Fit List are a bit off I believe

"The 15" MacBook Pro Cadet Cache has interior dimensions of approximately 0.6 × 0.4 × 0.0 inches (14 × 10 × 1 mm), and fits these computers:"

What are they really?

I am really taken with the Cadet, It's like a Synapse ate a Copilot.
                Ahhhh!!!! I'll fix that right now! Thank you!

Same as a 4Z Cache interior dimensions: 14.3 × 9.8 × 0.9 inches (364 × 249 × 24 mm)

Comment

Nifty nifty nifty... "Honey I Shrunk My Empire Builder..."
                  Western Flyer (Crimson); 4Z Brain Cell; Swift (wife); Empire Builder (Black/Steel/Wasabi); Aeronaut (Black/Steel); Side Effect (Black), 3D Cube (Olive); lots of cubes/pouches/kit; Synapse (Navy/Solar); Smart Alec (Cardinal/Steel)

Comment

Originally posted by misterN View Post
                    Bah. I'm trying to figure out if there is any way that I could fit my 13" Air in the 11" Cadet >.<
                    The only way it will work is if you have magic laptop shrinking powers.

Comment

Looks really great. Any chance we can get a few more pictures of what else might fit in the main compartment at the same time as the cache?
                      Black/Wasabi SCB + Navy/Solar Aeronaut + Black/Black/Steel Zephyr + Black/Wasabi Co-Pilot + Black/Wasabi Pilot + several accessories...

Comment

just imagine - a macbook air that shrinks to the size of an 11" model when you close it, and expands to a 15" model when you open it!
                        -m

Comment

Originally posted by maverick View Post
                          just imagine - a macbook air that shrinks to the size of an 11" model when you close it, and expands to a 15" model when you open it!
                          I would be first in line to buy that!

Comment

Originally posted by maverick View Post
                            I think they have something like that at Hogwarts.
                            Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers.

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Comment

You said it was "perfect" - and that is what it is to me. I look forward to getting one, the only decision stoping me is what colour to choose...oh and saving a few more pennies.

Looks like what I would have wanted the brain cell to be. (Okay, I know the brain cell is for also placing within a bag). This Cadet is the ultimate minimalist briefcase yet professional enough and the thoughtful touches just add to it's appeal and use. Polished, yet understated. Simple, yet brilliant.

Well worth the wait. Thank you!

(Now to go dig around the closet floor, wondering if I can find a few spare pennies to add to the cash flow...)
                              "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

Comment

I'm still waiting for Tom to figure out the spell for Hermione's magic shrinking bag, from the final Harry Potter book. Where she has all that's needed in the equivalent of an evening bag - the library, the tent, etc etc.
                                "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

Comment

Working...
                                X