Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,624   Posts: 188,930   Members: 6,609   Active Members: 292
gianlucamazzi
Forum Member
Welcome to our newest member, gianlucamazzi.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing the Cadet laptop briefcase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maria View Post
    the only decision stoping me is what colour to choose
    I think navy would look good with the cat.

Comment

Sigh. My naked 13" air is 12.8" by 9". Just a slight bit too big!
      Super Ego w/Seat Belt Buckle [Black/Steel/Wasabi], Cadet 13/15 [Cardinal/Steel], Aeronaut 45 [Cardinal/Steel], 13" Ristretto (Old) [Olive/Cayenne], Synapse 19 [Indigo/Iberian], Camera I/O, and a whole bunch of other goodies.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
        I think navy would look good with the cat.
        Thank you Badger. I was thinking as he'll eventually get his own Aeronaut in navy...may just have to get a matching set. Although he doesn't like the 15" MBP. (I think he's jealous. He yells at me so I get up from the desk and jumps on the chair seat, purring away. Little does he know, a laptop can be moved around the room!)
        "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

Comment

Originally posted by misterN View Post
          Sigh. My naked 13" air is 12.8" by 9". Just a slight bit too big!
          This adds a new dimension to my opinion on art and decorating. Buy the art first, figure out what wall it will go on later...unless when can build an extra room. So...maybe I'll buy the bags first, figure out what will fit in them later?

Comment

This adds a new dimension to my opinion on art and decorating. Buy the art first, figure out what wall it will go on later...unless when can build an extra room. So...maybe I'll buy the bags first, figure out what will fit in them later?
            Sounds like a perfectly enabling attitude to me.
            Super Ego w/Seat Belt Buckle [Black/Steel/Wasabi], Cadet 13/15 [Cardinal/Steel], Aeronaut 45 [Cardinal/Steel], 13" Ristretto (Old) [Olive/Cayenne], Synapse 19 [Indigo/Iberian], Camera I/O, and a whole bunch of other goodies.

Comment

Sounds like a perfectly enabling attitude to me.
              Right up there with "need" vs. "want" - technically there should be a word to encompass both in one, as they are so often interchangeable in my mind. Maybe "TB Syndrome", something like that....

Comment

Originally posted by leftistelf View Post
                What's the difference between the cadet cache and the normal cache? can i use my normal cache? (laptop = MacBook Pro 15")
                The Cadet Cache has attachment points that secure it to the interior of the Cade.

Sure, you could use your current Cache. Though, you will loose the added security of having it attached when going through security.

Hopefully this photo gives you a better idea of what is going on inside of the Cadet .
                Attached Files
                http://www.tombihn.com
                1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
                Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff9266 View Post
                  Looks great - I was waiting for the Pilot, but this looks even better to me.

One question - do the handles have the Poron foam like the Co-Pilot and Zephyr/EB?
                  For the Cadet, we're using Nitrile foam.

Comment

Katy - Thank you for posting an enlarged photograph of the attachment area. At first I was thinking I could just continue to use my current Cache, save the 30 bucks, then *splurg* on the upgraded Absolute Strap.

Of course, now is the hard part--to figure out which color to get. I'm sure Jeff's already got his order in =P

Comment

Katy/Darcy -

Quick follow-up. So does the cache then flip into the bag with the way it's attached?
                      Katy
                      I work at TOM BIHN
                      Last edited by Katy; 11-02-2011, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Katy/Darcy -

Quick follow-up. So does the cache then flip into the bag with the way it's attached?
                        Also, can you use the fix points on the cache to secure the cache into another bag, like inside a Tri-Star? (It doesn't matter that I don't currently own a Tri-Star; I'm just thinking about the well-being of future Badger, who will own a Tri-Star.)

Comment

I just thought about how I'd look in an Airport with a Navy Aeronaut and Navy Cadet. Then I smiled..

Comment

It slides in .

Comment

Right up there with "need" vs. "want" - technically there should be a word to encompass both in one, as they are so often interchangeable in my mind. Maybe "TB Syndrome", something like that....
                              Oh yes. I'm fairly certain that before Christmas I will have an Aeronaut and Cadet. As much as I want the Camera Insert--I might need some time to recover.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
                                Also, can you use the fix points on the cache to secure the cache into another bag, like inside a Tri-Star? (It doesn't matter that I don't currently own a Tri-Star; I'm just thinking about the well-being of future Badger, who will own a Tri-Star.)
                                We haven't tried it at this point. But, I'm going to give a preemptive no. Will future Badger not have a Brain Cell?

Comment

Working...
                                X