Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 15,302   Posts: 197,945   Members: 7,255   Active Members: 177
Welcome to our newest member, MollyyEvelynn.

Favorite TB Bag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phillyfan
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2011

I have an Aeronaut, Brain Bag, and recently ordered the Tristar and Empire Builder. I also bought my wife the large cafe bag several months ago which she loves. While I love them all, I have to say my favorite is the Brain Bag. It is the perfect backpack. Lots of organization (especially with a Freudian Slip) and it can easily shrink down in size with the side compression straps. It is the perfect bag for me - great for work and play.
    Navy Brain Bag, Navy/Iberian Aeronaut, Black/Steel Tristar, Black/Black/Steel Ego, Several Organizer Pouches

Comment

• Radio bug
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2009

I love my Aeronaut and Brain Bag. Although they both are my travel companions on any trip, my favorite overall is the Brain Bag. It accompanies me just about everywhere and is versatile enough to carry as much or as little as I need on a daily basis.

Comment

• Tlacltme
        Forum Member
        • Oct 2011

Hmm, I appreciate hearing more about the Brain Bag. Radio bug and phillfan, how long have you guys been using the Brain Bag? Do you typically carry a laptop in it most days?

Comment

• phillyfan
          Forum Member
          • Jun 2011

Tlacltme - I just love my Brain Bag. I've been using it everyday for 6 months and it still looks as new as when I pulled it out of the box. I probably carry my labtop in it about 20% of the time (in a vertical braincell). The best part about that is that the brain cell comes right out, still protecting my labtop even when it is not in the bag. It was my biggest complaint with other labtop backpacks - if I didn't have my labtop with me, I still would have the extra weight and room that the padding takes up for a labtop. Not the case with my Brain Bag. The two main compartments can be cavernous when needed, but the compression straps can shrink everything down when I don't need the space. The 3 other zippered pockets on the front are well thought out and the middle straps firmly hold my umbrella in place. The most amazing thing about it is that it always seems to fit that one extra thing that I need. Every other bag that I have had always seemed like it could not fit that one extra thing I needed. I honestly cannot imagine ever getting another backpack unless it was another TB bag. The quality is unrivaled and I've spent more money backpacks than I care to admit.
          Navy Brain Bag, Navy/Iberian Aeronaut, Black/Steel Tristar, Black/Black/Steel Ego, Several Organizer Pouches

Comment

• misterN
            Forum Member
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by phillyfan View Post
            Tlacltme - I just love my Brain Bag. I've been using it everyday for 6 months and it still looks as new as when I pulled it out of the box. I probably carry my labtop in it about 20% of the time (in a vertical braincell). The best part about that is that the brain cell comes right out, still protecting my labtop even when it is not in the bag. It was my biggest complaint with other labtop backpacks - if I didn't have my labtop with me, I still would have the extra weight and room that the padding takes up for a labtop. Not the case with my Brain Bag. The two main compartments can be cavernous when needed, but the compression straps can shrink everything down when I don't need the space. The 3 other zippered pockets on the front are well thought out and the middle straps firmly hold my umbrella in place. The most amazing thing about it is that it always seems to fit that one extra thing that I need. Every other bag that I have had always seemed like it could not fit that one extra thing I needed. I honestly cannot imagine ever getting another backpack unless it was another TB bag. The quality is unrivaled and I've spent more money backpacks than I care to admit.
            I cannot possibly agree more with you on this. Simply stated: They are the best bags made. There really is not anything else to say. Tom Bihn ruined all other bags for me.
            Super Ego w/Seat Belt Buckle [Black/Steel/Wasabi], Cadet 13/15 [Cardinal/Steel], Aeronaut 45 [Cardinal/Steel], 13" Ristretto (Old) [Olive/Cayenne], Synapse 19 [Indigo/Iberian], Camera I/O, and a whole bunch of other goodies.

Comment

• Tlacltme
              Forum Member
              • Oct 2011

That's a really good point, phillyfan, about being able to take the laptop out and its compartment too, to reuse space. The front pockets look so smart- at least, online they do! Could you fit a standard size plastic water bottles in the two side/front compartments? My son complains about his backpack being too small, so the Brain Bag may be in his future.

Comment

• phillyfan
                Forum Member
                • Jun 2011

I always have a standard sized plastic water bottle in the front mesh pocket. I've not tried to put one in the zipper pockets, but I think it would fit if you didn't put much else in the zipper pocket. If he is looking for a big bag, the Brain Bag is definitely the way to go. I can pack a lot more in it than I care to lug around on a daily basis.

Comment

• larryb
                  Forum Member
                  • Nov 2009

My choice for EDC is a toss up between the Brain Bag and the Synapse (depending on what I need to carry). For travel...hands down, the Aeronaut.

Comment

• Jenne
                    Forum Member
                    • Aug 2008

My very first TB was my Imago, and it's still one of my favorites. I also love the Cadet, the Aeronaut, and the Tri-Star. Oh, who am I kidding? I love all of my TB bags! My poor Western Flyer is the most neglected, though. Sometimes I can pack for a weekend in my Imago, but other times, I love the extra space in the Tri-Star or Aeronaut.
                    Current carry: Super Ego, various pouches, I/O (when shooting). Incorporating the FIELD JOURNAL!!!! Next up on wishlist: S25 and SE (June 2016)

Comment

• SusanA
                      Forum Member
                      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by AVService View Post
                      For me it is pretty much whichever one I am using at the moment.
                      +1 here!

At present the Imago and Little Swift are the bags I'm using most often; the Imago for work during the week and the Little Swift on weekends.

Comment

Working...
                      X