Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,767   Posts: 190,597   Members: 6,651   Active Members: 262
Welcome to our newest member, learn2route.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite TB Bag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SusanA
    replied
    Originally posted by AVService View Post
    For me it is pretty much whichever one I am using at the moment.
    +1 here!

At present the Imago and Little Swift are the bags I'm using most often; the Imago for work during the week and the Little Swift on weekends.

Leave a comment:

• Jenne
    replied
    My very first TB was my Imago, and it's still one of my favorites. I also love the Cadet, the Aeronaut, and the Tri-Star. Oh, who am I kidding? I love all of my TB bags! My poor Western Flyer is the most neglected, though. Sometimes I can pack for a weekend in my Imago, but other times, I love the extra space in the Tri-Star or Aeronaut.

Leave a comment:

• larryb
    replied
    My choice for EDC is a toss up between the Brain Bag and the Synapse (depending on what I need to carry). For travel...hands down, the Aeronaut.

Leave a comment:

• phillyfan
    replied
    I always have a standard sized plastic water bottle in the front mesh pocket. I've not tried to put one in the zipper pockets, but I think it would fit if you didn't put much else in the zipper pocket. If he is looking for a big bag, the Brain Bag is definitely the way to go. I can pack a lot more in it than I care to lug around on a daily basis.

Leave a comment:

• Tlacltme
    replied
    That's a really good point, phillyfan, about being able to take the laptop out and its compartment too, to reuse space. The front pockets look so smart- at least, online they do! Could you fit a standard size plastic water bottles in the two side/front compartments? My son complains about his backpack being too small, so the Brain Bag may be in his future.

Leave a comment:

• misterN
    replied
    Originally posted by phillyfan View Post
    Tlacltme - I just love my Brain Bag. I've been using it everyday for 6 months and it still looks as new as when I pulled it out of the box. I probably carry my labtop in it about 20% of the time (in a vertical braincell). The best part about that is that the brain cell comes right out, still protecting my labtop even when it is not in the bag. It was my biggest complaint with other labtop backpacks - if I didn't have my labtop with me, I still would have the extra weight and room that the padding takes up for a labtop. Not the case with my Brain Bag. The two main compartments can be cavernous when needed, but the compression straps can shrink everything down when I don't need the space. The 3 other zippered pockets on the front are well thought out and the middle straps firmly hold my umbrella in place. The most amazing thing about it is that it always seems to fit that one extra thing that I need. Every other bag that I have had always seemed like it could not fit that one extra thing I needed. I honestly cannot imagine ever getting another backpack unless it was another TB bag. The quality is unrivaled and I've spent more money backpacks than I care to admit.
    I cannot possibly agree more with you on this. Simply stated: They are the best bags made. There really is not anything else to say. Tom Bihn ruined all other bags for me.

Leave a comment:

• phillyfan
    replied
    Tlacltme - I just love my Brain Bag. I've been using it everyday for 6 months and it still looks as new as when I pulled it out of the box. I probably carry my labtop in it about 20% of the time (in a vertical braincell). The best part about that is that the brain cell comes right out, still protecting my labtop even when it is not in the bag. It was my biggest complaint with other labtop backpacks - if I didn't have my labtop with me, I still would have the extra weight and room that the padding takes up for a labtop. Not the case with my Brain Bag. The two main compartments can be cavernous when needed, but the compression straps can shrink everything down when I don't need the space. The 3 other zippered pockets on the front are well thought out and the middle straps firmly hold my umbrella in place. The most amazing thing about it is that it always seems to fit that one extra thing that I need. Every other bag that I have had always seemed like it could not fit that one extra thing I needed. I honestly cannot imagine ever getting another backpack unless it was another TB bag. The quality is unrivaled and I've spent more money backpacks than I care to admit.

Leave a comment:

• Tlacltme
    replied
    Hmm, I appreciate hearing more about the Brain Bag. Radio bug and phillfan, how long have you guys been using the Brain Bag? Do you typically carry a laptop in it most days?

Leave a comment:

• Radio bug
    replied
    I love my Aeronaut and Brain Bag. Although they both are my travel companions on any trip, my favorite overall is the Brain Bag. It accompanies me just about everywhere and is versatile enough to carry as much or as little as I need on a daily basis.

Leave a comment:

• phillyfan
    replied
    I have an Aeronaut, Brain Bag, and recently ordered the Tristar and Empire Builder. I also bought my wife the large cafe bag several months ago which she loves. While I love them all, I have to say my favorite is the Brain Bag. It is the perfect backpack. Lots of organization (especially with a Freudian Slip) and it can easily shrink down in size with the side compression straps. It is the perfect bag for me - great for work and play.

Leave a comment:

• Tlacltme
    replied
    Thanks for the clarification, gmanedit. I'm very impressed with the products and people--including the fellow afficionados!- associated with Tom Bihn. And I didn't delay my order (much of the above advice was reflected in that order so thanks again everyone)

Leave a comment:

• gmanedit
    replied
    Tlacitme, the FOT pouch was not an incentive to order, so don't delay your order on that account. It was a present, not a quid pro quo. The previous year's present was a donation to charity in our names.

Leave a comment:

• Tlacltme
    replied
    An ultrasuede pouch?! A 4th of July pouch?! Sigh. I missed the boat. Big time I was going to place a big order soon- I'm calling it a jump start on the Christmas shopping (ha ha) but now I wonder if I should wait to place my next big order closer to Christmas! Thanks for catching me up to speed, gmanedit.

Leave a comment:

• gmanedit
    replied
    FoJ: Fourth of July pouch, sent with a minimum order in late spring; navy ballistic nylon with white and red trim.
    FOT: Friend of Tom pouch, sent as a Christmas present last year; blue Ultrasuede.

Leave a comment:

• Tlacltme
    replied
    Thank you all for your welcome and feedback- I think! Based on more browsing and reading what you all have to say, I'm already anxious to place another order. Oh man, so this is how the disease progresses And of course with the introduction of the Cadet yesterday, I'm second-guessing the Ego I bought for hubby (the one hiding under the bed waiting two weeks for his bday). I'm thinking I may try to snap up a few plum items as I really like the color and it seems to be phasing out, we'll see. I was curious though, I see references to "FoJ" and "FOT." What are those?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X