Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,493   Posts: 187,443   Members: 6,454   Active Members: 335
Welcome to our newest member, bored_and_agitated.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New: Citizen Canine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BagMonkey
    replied
    I gave the Citizen Canine to my Mom and my sister (a golden retriever) for Christmas. I shouldn't be, but I still am surprised by the quality of Bihn bags. This little bag is so well put together and thought out that it is simply a pleasure to just hold. It's been a big hit with both humans and dogs in my family. Really a homerun of a product.

Leave a comment:

• dlg
    replied
    I wish this existed six months ago before I trashed out my chalk bag to take the pup to obedience class :[

Leave a comment:

• doornum3
    replied
    The Citizen Canine I gave as a gift to my friend in Michigan was a huge hit... more than I imagined! She uses it weekly with Davey, her Chihuahua, at their agility class. She said it was much admired, and that several people were going to order their own. Yay! I love TB enabling.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by marbenais View Post
    Do you know how the new BioBags will roll?
    I don't know. We'll share the details with you as soon as we receive the first samples.

Leave a comment:

• Jenne
    replied
    I have a lot of Bags on Board, so I'm fine, but I'd happily test the new biobags if you guys need any more field testers (though I'm sure you have plenty of dog people right there!)

Leave a comment:

• marbenais
    replied
    I, too, had trouble with the BioBags and the mechanism (both pulling them off and putting them on). I also had trouble getting them to close after use . . . not a problem I like having, so we went back to our previous similar-to-Bags-on-Board rolls. Do you know how the new BioBags will roll?

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    We're working on a blog post and an email to all folks with Citizen Canine bags about this to be published/sent out soon. Here it is:

Third Times the Charm
    or
    Not All Poop Bags are Created Equal

The Citizen Canine was developed to use commonly available rolls of plastic dog waste bags ("Bags of Board" and similar), and we wanted to include a roll of bags so everyone would see how the bags load and also could start using the Citizen Canine right away. As we were about to release the Citizen Canine, we came across BioBags - similar in function to the standard plastic waste bags but compostable. We thought that was pretty cool and are always eager to support a green alternative whenever available. We tested the BioBags in the Citizen Canine and thought they worked pretty good.

However, as we've used them more and more, we've discovered that BioBags will sometimes jam up in the dispensing mechanism inside the Citizen Canine, and are harder to load on to the dispenser than the non-compostable variety of bag. This was very sad indeed, as we really think that otherwise BioBags work great. (The good news is that the BioBag folks are working on a new way the bags get rolled and hopes to have these available in early 2012: as soon as they are available we'll be testing them.)

We then started shipping the Citizen Canine with a roll of generic brand of plastic dog waste bags. These initially seemed to work OK. On further review, we found the perforations that separate the bags varied greatly from roll to roll: those perforations on some rolls were not adequate to allow the bags to be torn apart easily.

So, we're back to square one and will be shipping the Citizen Canine with the original "Bags on Board" brand bags starting the week of January 16th 2012.

Now, if you've already received your Citizen Canine and it came with BioBags or un-branded, generic bags, no need to fret: just give us a call (1-800-729-9607) or email ([email protected]) if you'd like us to send out a roll of "Bags on Board" at no charge. And if you've found either of these bags work to your satisfaction, more power to you!
    Last edited by Darcy; 01-06-2012, 02:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DCF
    replied
    Darcy, I'm having terrible trouble with the bags on the Citizen Canine. They will not come out. When I checked inside, the metal piece is pushing into the bags interfering with their ability to rotate. It's not usable. Any suggestions? I love all other aspects.

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    Originally posted by Maria View Post
    Lovely! Now I'd better get these in an order, you know to give as gifts...or secretly stash away for when I can get a dog of my own!
    I am beginning to wonder if the Citizen Canine and Two new colors of Krebs Recycle Leash are available: Purple and Blue Magenta are not a secret ploy concocted by the Tom Bihn's Dogs and their owners to get me to see the light and "become a Dog Mom already! Woof!"

Well... I am nervous.

Leave a comment:

• Maria
    replied
    Originally posted by TavaPeak View Post
    Sorry the pix are so grainy - I could use a new camera, too. ;-) Maddie's foster mom, Chris, will be SO proud she's on FB! Maddie came from a loving family who could not afford surgery when she tore her ACL, so Maddie found her way to Safe Harbor. A vet donated her surgery. Chris & Ed rehabbed Maddie post-op (including a month of crating), and then Maddie came to us. Since then, Chris & Ed have rehabbed several labs after surgery.

Maddie gets to visit Auntie Chris when we travel. We're thankful for such a sweet dog. And we're grateful to the volunteers who made it possible for her to join our family. BTW, Maddie asked for some custom-printed Tom Bihn bio bags.
    Ahhhh! To know there are such generous people out there to help take care of these dear animals, and those that adopt them to give them the loving homes they deserve!

Maddie is a beauty too.

Leave a comment:

• Maria
    replied
    Originally posted by Darcy View Post
    Two new colors of Krebs Recycle Leash are available: Purple and Blue Magenta

It's pretty likely that the available colors of Krebs Recycle Leashes will change frequently, depending on what colors of climbing rope they have available (and which we like the best!)
    Lovely! Now I'd better get these in an order, you know to give as gifts...or secretly stash away for when I can get a dog of my own!

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Two new colors of Krebs Recycle Leash are available: Purple and Blue Magenta

It's pretty likely that the available colors of Krebs Recycle Leashes will change frequently, depending on what colors of climbing rope they have available (and which we like the best!)

Leave a comment:

• TavaPeak
    replied
    Originally posted by Darcy View Post
    Awesome photos of Maddie, TavaPeak -- I addded them to our Facebook album for Citizen Canine photos.

Happy Birthday marbenais!!
    Sorry the pix are so grainy - I could use a new camera, too. ;-) Maddie's foster mom, Chris, will be SO proud she's on FB! Maddie came from a loving family who could not afford surgery when she tore her ACL, so Maddie found her way to Safe Harbor. A vet donated her surgery. Chris & Ed rehabbed Maddie post-op (including a month of crating), and then Maddie came to us. Since then, Chris & Ed have rehabbed several labs after surgery.

Maddie gets to visit Auntie Chris when we travel. We're thankful for such a sweet dog. And we're grateful to the volunteers who made it possible for her to join our family. BTW, Maddie asked for some custom-printed Tom Bihn bio bags.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Awesome photos of Maddie, TavaPeak -- I addded them to our Facebook album for Citizen Canine photos.

Happy Birthday marbenais!!

Leave a comment:

• ncb4
    replied
    I love the pictures of Maddie; such a beautiful girl, and I'm glad that after a rough start in life, she ended up with a family who love her so much that they'd start her on her own TB bag collection! You were brave putting her next to the tree with her new toy, however. Her tail might have started wagging so hard that oops! There go a couple of those lovely glass ornaments.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X