Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,525   Posts: 187,786   Members: 6,486   Active Members: 307
Welcome to our newest member, ozzyrussell.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Western Flyer/Tri Star Packing Cube Backpack in ULTRAVIOLET!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blackfungi
    replied
    Originally posted by Lani View Post
    REI is a good place for them. I really like their keychain; it uses their baby carabiners, but in such a way that they don't all fall off when you use the main carabiner hook of the keychain. Why, I use it myself! I added a few more baby carabiners on it, though; I don't think they come with quite so many.

Oh, and that's a picture of Dorayme in the background. From this thread. lol

dorayme,

i had the same keychain, be forewarned that i had a key pop loose out of one of them small carabiner. just a heads up.

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    Originally posted by dorayme View Post
    don't be getting me in trouble with Mr.backpack!
    I may have made you do it with the UV packing cube backpack. . . but the rest of the TB addiction/collection is your own doing ;-} Own it, it's not all that bad.
    I own it and I love it!

Mr Backpack knows that I love bags and many other things of quality.

This order was the first "splurge" I have done in a very, very long time. I really didn't want to miss out on the beyond gorgeous dreamy Azalea/Sapphire Cafe Bags, it is also possible that UV items sell out every time a batch is made and I witnessed how quickly the Sapphire Dyneema sold out a couple of years ago.

I can always get Steel Dyneema items, a color I really really love but UV is just as much a favorite as Azalea/Sapphire.

I am also very much sold on Turquoise.

I use my Swifts as yarn (my turquoise and green yarns need their own space) and needlework purses but they can also become paper craft and ribbon movable and gorgeous holders.
    Nicer looking and handier than the plastic storage boxes.

Little Swifts in Azalea and Turquoise are just another dream coming true. At the store, I played with a Little Swift in another color and the size is just perfect for a fun purse, small enough to be dressed up and also used to carry the minimalist FJN/iPad I mean business look when paired with a suit.

I love love love my Tom Bihn Inc Bags, they are so empowering and give me so much joy, it is really hard to express such feelings adequately.
    Last edited by backpack; 12-31-2011, 07:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dorayme
    replied
    Originally posted by backpack View Post
    Dorayme made me do it!
    don't be getting me in trouble with Mr.backpack!
    I may have made you do it with the UV packing cube backpack. . . but the rest of the TB addiction/collection is your own doing ;-} Own it, it's not all that bad.

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    Dorayme made me do it!

While I can never pretend to be as cute as Dorayme and her beautiful family, we share a fondness for purple and pink, as a result.

I just got the Packing Cube Backpack for Aeronaute in ULTRAVIOLET!!! A Western Flyer/Tri Star Packing Cube Backpack in ULTRAVIOLET!!!

A Small Shop Bag in ULTRAVIOLET!!! (and one in Steel because I do not want to miss out) A Clear Tall Yarn Stuff Sack in ULTRAVIOLET!!!

A Large and a Small Azalea/Sapphire Cafe Bags.

This is the second half of my Spring order which contained a Synapse in ULTRAVIOLET!!!

A Large Shop Bag in ULTRAVIOLET!!! (multiple thumbs ups for the Large Shop Bag which has saved many paper bags = lovely trees + energy and plastic bags = pollution plus energy)

A Medium Clear Yarn Stuff Sack in ULTRAVIOLET!!! Assorted Clear Pouches in ULTRAVIOLET!!! and

A Clear Quarter Cube in ULTRAVIOLET!!! for which I got caught having "the same bag twice" by the husband unit.

so he said "no more Tom Bihn bags!" Well... My Synapse broke my fall and got a scrape and I only got a sprain.

But besides that, the husband unit needed a Hannuka present for his mom and it was on extremely short notice so he had a choice, remove the moratorium or face the Holidays' shoppers himself.

Most of my Tom Bihn Bags are multiple of a particular model and they stand in plain view.

Leave a comment:

• Lani
    replied
    Originally posted by backpack View Post
    Well... I went to the order page and it is not there the one for the Aeronaute in there in UV but not the one for the Western Flyer.
    It's a coding bug. You actually need to go to the order button and select the Ultraviolet from the pull-down menu. It's the ONLY place I was able to see it. When I first went to the page, I had a moment of panic when I couldn't find it listed on the description.

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    Zuri is mighty cute and so are you!

Thank You for sharing!

Well... I went to the order page and it is not there.

There is one for the Aeronaut in UV but not one for the Western Flyer.
    Last edited by backpack; 12-16-2011, 04:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Lani
    replied
    Originally posted by lavarock View Post
    Look for an outlet that sells "nite-ize" products. They have very small carabiners that hold individual keys onto a bigger version of the same clip. After that they move up in size in various increments!
    REI is a good place for them. I really like their keychain; it uses their baby carabiners, but in such a way that they don't all fall off when you use the main carabiner hook of the keychain. Why, I use it myself! I added a few more baby carabiners on it, though; I don't think they come with quite so many.

Oh, and that's a picture of Dorayme in the background. From this thread. lol

Leave a comment:

• Lani
    replied
    I'm baaaaaaack. Guess what I just did?

I JUST BOUGHT ME ONE!!!

Dorayme, I'm glad you like this one. It's actually one of our favorites around the house, because it's so plain yet sturdy.

I'm so excited. I can't wait for my box from TB!

Leave a comment:

• Lani
    replied
    OH MY GOD

HOW COULD I HAVE MISSED THSI THREAD?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Back in a minute.

Leave a comment:

• dorayme
    replied
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the purple of TB's UV Dyneema Our kids do Awana as well as Upward Basketball and Cheerleading, excellent programs, that Rocky and I are glad to support!

Leave a comment:

• TavaPeak
    replied
    That purple Dyneema is so pretty! Thanks for sharing, Rocky & Do-rah-me. (sorry) Also see the AWANA table in the background - my son was bummed when he couldn't do AWANA this year.

Leave a comment:

• TXGirl
    replied
    Great pics! Go Doreen!

Leave a comment:

• dorayme
    replied
    I got to use the backpack tonight at Upward Cheerleading practice. Yes, I know, What??? Doreen a cheerleading coach. Don't ask. It had something to do with signing up my daughter and saying I would like to be a parent helper. . .
    Anyway, I carried my new backpack tonight. It was perfect. It held her megaphone and poms as well as my clipboard and bag of tootsie pops (bribes). I give it an A++

after practice Rocky caught me resting:

and then looking for something:

I decided since he was snapping pics to go ahead and lay out my contents:

And a on the back view:

It's a great pack, comfy, light and perfect for lighter things that don't need to keep their shape. I will probably get a ton of use out of it this season.

Please no cheerleading jokes/comments. My daughter has been begging to do this ever since her brothers played last year.

Leave a comment:

• lavarock
    replied
    Look for an outlet that sells "nite-ize" products. They have very small carabiners that hold individual keys onto a bigger version of the same clip. After that they move up in size in various increments!

Leave a comment:

• Scattered
    replied
    If you have an REI near you, you can probably select a purple one!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X