Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,504   Posts: 187,569   Members: 6,464   Active Members: 324
Welcome to our newest member, Findbooradley.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Synapse Sadness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marbenais
    replied
    Originally posted by WhiteStar View Post
    (Unfortunately I don't wear the super cheap soft kind, I wear the uber expensive gas permeable ones).
    I know the feeling! I've pretty much stopped wearing contacts because my prescription keeps changing and my contacts are so expensive that it's just not worth it. I get my glasses for cheap (~$150) from online stores because I wear them for less than a year and no insurance will cover enough of the cost for store-purchased glasses.

I hope you'll be able to get the Synapse you want!

Leave a comment:

• ncb4
    replied
    Originally posted by WhiteStar View Post
    She Who Needs Color (that would be ME) had finally made a (surprising) decision to go with the Black/UV Synapse. As I got ready for work this morning I imagined myself carrying my lovely new Synapse. How pretty the inside would be each time I opened a pocket. How organized I would be.

In my euphoric, daydreamy state I did the unthinkable... I left the drain OPEN and the water RUNNING while I put in my contact lenses. And I dropped one.

A half hour later, after taking the drain apart, I realized it was gone for good. So now instead of my lovely new Synapse I'll be buying new contacts. (Unfortunately I don't wear the super cheap soft kind, I wear the uber expensive gas permeable ones).

If I'm lucky and insurance covers more of the cost than I think they will, I'll get to purchase my new Synapse later this week.
    Oh no! What a catastrophe. I hope insurance does cover a good part of the cost; you've got to be able to see! And perhaps there will be enough left over in the budget for your new Synapse.

Leave a comment:

• SusanM
    replied
    WhiteStar,

I sent you a private message.

Susan

Leave a comment:

• marbenais
    replied
    Well, obviously, if anyone has an Ultraviolet Synapse and wants to trade for any other kind . . . they are in a very good position right now . . .

Leave a comment:

• WhiteStar
    replied
    And the Winner Is.... I mean WAS ....

She Who Needs Color (that would be ME) had finally made a (surprising) decision to go with the Black/UV Synapse. As I got ready for work this morning I imagined myself carrying my lovely new Synapse. How pretty the inside would be each time I opened a pocket. How organized I would be.

In my euphoric, daydreamy state I did the unthinkable... I left the drain OPEN and the water RUNNING while I put in my contact lenses. And I dropped one.

A half hour later, after taking the drain apart, I realized it was gone for good. So now instead of my lovely new Synapse I'll be buying new contacts. (Unfortunately I don't wear the super cheap soft kind, I wear the uber expensive gas permeable ones).

If I'm lucky and insurance covers more of the cost than I think they will, I'll get to purchase my new Synapse later this week.

Leave a comment:

• notmensa
    replied
    Nooooooo!!! x 2

And again, nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

I was just about to put in a order for one! I too have the Steel/Solar Dyneema one, and was spending waaaaaayyyy too much time on the train imagining a UV Synapse in its place (with the Steel one going to my hubby). :-(

Oh no.

Leave a comment:

• snowbot
    replied
    Originally posted by backpack View Post
    *The Travel Tray is available for backorder. Ships by mid-March.
    I should have clarified. Too late to get a Travel Tray with this order.

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    Originally posted by snowbot View Post
    I was also too late to get a travel tray. I think I'm going to have to take backpack's advice and plan my purchases better. Or just not plan and be more impulsive.
    *The Travel Tray is available for backorder. Ships by mid-March.

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    I guess I should have ordered my steel and ultraviolet copilot sooner. I finally found the justification to purchase it and now it's no longer listed as an option. *sniff*

Cardinal copilot to be ordered today.
    Drat! on the *sniff*

Ouhhhh gimme, on the Cardinal!
    Last edited by backpack; 02-07-2012, 05:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• snowbot
    replied
    I was also too late to get a travel tray. I think I'm going to have to take backpack's advice and plan my purchases better. Or just not plan and be more impulsive.

Leave a comment:

• Janine
    replied
    Originally posted by dorayme View Post
    Janine's been lucky with the veggies and prayers, but I would say she is the exception, not the rule.
    I keep my eyes on eBay and Craiglist/Searchtempest. I also let it be known on this forum that I'm looking for something.

@WhiteStar, would you mind if your Synapse was second-hand? If I see one for sale somewhere, I'll let you know.

Leave a comment:

• ncb4
    replied
    I guess I should have ordered my steel and ultraviolet copilot sooner. I finally found the justification to purchase it and now it's no longer listed as an option. *sniff*

I've got one; I think you'll love it. It's a gorgeous color, and a great bag, too.

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Originally posted by dorayme View Post
    Cold dead hands
    sorry to make a mystery
    …as in the National Rifle Association slogan, "I'll give you my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands!"?

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    replied
    Originally posted by backpack View Post
    Katy did you draw the picture? <3
    Nope. I'm not THAT talented .

Leave a comment:

• snowbot
    replied

Last edited by snowbot; 02-07-2012, 06:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X