The new Ristretto!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new Ristretto!

First of all, thanks to everyone at Tom Bihn for getting the bags out five weeks early! I'm getting my 11" MacBook Air this weekend, and now I'll have a bag to go along with it! Thank you thank you thank you!

Of course,s now I have to decide on a color. I'm drawn between the black for practicality, the Navy/Solar for OMG-Solar-Is-Awesome, and the Steel/Iberian as the compromise between neutrality and style. So. . .can I crowd source this decision to the denizens of the boards? Or at least get everyone's opinions? I'm paralyzed with choice!

I have a steel Tristar and a navy/wasabi Zephyr. The steel is really nice, but I love that navy. I'm thinking I need a smaller navy bag...what will it be? ;-)

Comment

HURRAY!!! I'm so glad the new Ristrettos are in stock! When will the preorders be shipping? I don't see a charge to my credit card yet.

*sits on the stairs waiting for my order*
      Meg
      -----
      Proud owner of a conifer/steel Synapse, indigo/black Swift, a couple of yarn stuff sacks, a clear organizer wallet and various organizer pouches

Comment

I also have a preorder for the ristretto 11". I decided to take the black/steel - I think it fits in every situation, business, private... Thank you at TB for getting it out earlier.

Comment

Should be getting mine tomorrow! YES! Just one day before a trip to Austin with my wife for her conference. Didn't think I would get it before then. You guys at TB are great! Thank you very much!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	steeliberianblog.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	242.1 KB
ID:	288186

Here's a photo of Steel/Iberian. We'll post photos of the other color combinations on the blog tomorrow.
            Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Sweeeeeet!
              Eat well, travel often.

Comment

Looks good Darcy and I like the QR code tag. Is that a featured tag for all TB bags going forward, or just Ristrettos?
                I really, really like TB Bags!

Comment

Love the new label!

.... In Seattle, where the barcode was invented...Or commercialized anyway.
                  Last edited by kmcg; 03-07-2012, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dorayme View Post
                    Looks good Darcy and I like the QR code tag. Is that a featured tag for all TB bags going forward, or just Ristrettos?
                    Most bags will get the new woven QR code label on the inside. Small stuff (Organizer Pouches, Passport Pouch, etc.) won't.

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

More new photos! Navy/Solar and Forest/Steel, up on the blog

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                        Most bags will get the new woven QR code label on the inside.
                        Why? How does this make the bags better?

Comment

Originally posted by gmanedit View Post
                          Why? How does this make the bags better?
                          If someone admires your bag, you can flip it open and they can point their smartphone at the QR code and be taken to the Tom Bihn website. That's pretty handy actually.
                          Meg
                          -----
                          Proud owner of a conifer/steel Synapse, indigo/black Swift, a couple of yarn stuff sacks, a clear organizer wallet and various organizer pouches

Comment

Well, I debated and debated and debated. I didn't know what to do. Black/Steel or Navy/Solar? Or the dark horse of Steel/Iberian.

It was settled today. I decided on Black/Steel, but it was sold out, so I talked myself into Navy/Solar. I'm worried the navy will be too bright, but my friend (who has one of the 4th of July pouches) assures me that it's quite rich and dark. And I do love me some solar. . .and I'm not going to wait until April. I'm super excited!

Comment

Originally posted by Gabe View Post
                              Well, I debated and debated and debated. I didn't know what to do. Black/Steel or Navy/Solar? Or the dark horse of Steel/Iberian.

It was settled today. I decided on Black/Steel, but it was sold out, so I talked myself into Navy/Solar. I'm worried the navy will be too bright, but my friend (who has one of the 4th of July pouches) assures me that it's quite rich and dark. And I do love me some solar. . .and I'm not going to wait until April. I'm super excited!
                              I think the navy/solar looks awesome!

Comment

Working...
                              X