Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,581   Posts: 188,337   Members: 6,543   Active Members: 295
Welcome to our newest member, AndrewGxb0.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bihn media wallet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bihn media wallet?

With the explosion of digital cameras, tapeless camcorders, and other handheld electronics that use flash-based media cards (an especially large number of these devices using SD cards or some derivative card system), has Tom Bihn ever considered a kind of "media wallet" pouch for storing and organizing these cards? This kind of storage would be especially useful for both travel and EDC use in a variety of Bihn bags that offer storage compartments with o-rings.

Something to think about.
    Owner of: Brain Bag backpack (Black), Field Journal Notebook (Blue), Snake Charmer (Small, Orange), Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Devices I use that utilize SD cards:

Canon Digital Rebel T3 SLR camera
    Canon PowerShot A720IS compact camera
    Olympus LS-10 audio recorder
    DeLorme Earthmate PN-40 GPS receiver

...and there is always the future possibility of a tapeless camcorder...
    Owner of: Brain Bag backpack (Black), Field Journal Notebook (Blue), Snake Charmer (Small, Orange), Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Comment

Look at the TT Pixel Pocket Rocket.

Comment

That's a good start, but (1: it uses velcro, which tends to collect dirt and loose effectiveness over time, and (2: it seems to be built for CF card media instead of the more common SD cards. Now, if Bihn did something like this, (the nearest example I can think of being the Clear Organizer Wallet) I would naturally expect the common snaphook, and instead of velcro I would expect a snap button fastener for closure.

Comment

It takes both types of cards and CF is the card more Canon shooting Pros use.
          The Velcro has been no problem at all to me or anyone I have ever heard of?
          Just a great tool.

Comment

Working...
          X