Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,576   Posts: 188,295   Members: 6,534   Active Members: 280
Welcome to our newest member, Skysarwer.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for used Western Flyer w backpack straps in now discontinued cardinal/steel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jannilee
    replied
    My steel/uv western flyer and i are currently in the white hill towns of southern Spain. It took some persuasion for me to get a noncolour but the uv insides keep my colour need satisfied.

Leave a comment:

• LauraA
    replied
    OK, so no one wanting to sell a red western flyer with backpack straps?? Take care, LauraA

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied
    Originally posted by Lani View Post
    Because, as a fan of the backpack strap-style Western Flyer, you don't dare think of the possibility that there may be future Tom Bihn fans who may be deprived of such a perfect little carry-on?
    Actually, my WF doesn't have backpack straps. I do worry about the future, though; it would be tragic for those who follow to be deprived.

Leave a comment:

• Lani
    replied
    Originally posted by Badger View Post
    What a relief. I'm not even sure why I was so worried about it--projecting, I guess.
    Because, as a fan of the backpack strap-style Western Flyer, you don't dare think of the possibility that there may be future Tom Bihn fans who may be deprived of such a perfect little carry-on?

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied
    What a relief. I'm not even sure why I was so worried about it--projecting, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• LauraA
    replied
    Originally posted by Badger View Post
    Wait. Does this mean no more backpack WFs at all, or by "no more colors" do you mean black and blue do not somehow count as colors? To put it another way: is the backpack WF being discontinued?
    Sorry, I meant no additional colors - just black and navy, sorry! Take care, LauraA

Leave a comment:

• TavaPeak
    replied
    Reporting back after seeing the navy Synapse and Imago. It's the Ballistic navy that I prefer, rather than the Cordura.

Leave a comment:

• jmachats
    replied
    I think what's meant is the only colors backpack WF's will be offered in are navy and black for the time being.

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied
    Originally posted by LauraA View Post
    there are no future plans to make anymore colors of the backpack Western Flyer.
    Wait. Does this mean no more backpack WFs at all, or by "no more colors" do you mean black and blue do not somehow count as colors? To put it another way: is the backpack WF being discontinued?

Leave a comment:

• Lani
    replied
    Lani, I emailed to inquire, and there are no future plans to make anymore colors of the backpack Western Flyer. To all - I know that black and blue are fine together, but I'll just look so serious. I'm a retired grandma having fun - I'm not on a business trip or on my way to a funeral!! Take care, LauraA
    Awwww. I'm a sad panda.

Leave a comment:

• LauraA
    replied
    Lani, I emailed to inquire, and there are no future plans to make anymore colors of the backpack Western Flyer. To all - I know that black and blue are fine together, but I'll just look so serious. I'm a retired grandma having fun - I'm not on a business trip or on my way to a funeral!! Take care, LauraA

Leave a comment:

• TavaPeak
    replied
    That navy goes with black, IMHO. That's why my Zephyr looks so good.

Leave a comment:

• dmauder
    replied
    Well, yes, I know that the blue is beautiful, and I love the bright inside. It's just - what about me in my black travel clothes? Take care, LauraA
    Wait just a minute! Are you saying navy and black don't match??

Leave a comment:

• Lani
    replied
    Oh wait, THEY DON'T MAKE IT ANYMORE!!!! OH NOOOOO

I just assumed it was still available. I was thinking of switching to the newer model with the zippered bottle compartment and was thinking of getting it in cardinal.

Darcy!! There are at least two loyal customers who would buy the cardinal with backpack straps!! Any chance you might have a small run?!?!?!?!?

Leave a comment:

• LauraA
    replied
    Me too! Red travel bags - once my son was meeting me at a hotel in NYC - he lived in the city, and I was staying at the hotel. The desk accidentally let him into the wrong room, and he knew that it wasn't my room because the bag was black!! Take care, LauraA

Leave a comment:

Working...
X