Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,777   Posts: 190,649   Members: 6,657   Active Members: 262
Welcome to our newest member, CamMattie.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update on Solar Dyneema/nylon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my gosh! News about Dyneema!!!

I'm hyperventilating!!

PS: Whatever you do, PLEASE ALSO OFFER YOUR NEW COLOR ON STANDALONE PRODUCTS (Packing Cube Shoulder Bag especially, but also Packing Cube Backpack, organizers. Co-Pilot? Synapse? Travel Trays?)

Oh my. I'm still hyperventilating.

PPS: OK I know I'm just too geeky but I just found myself DAYDREAMING about the new color and what it might be. Oh lordy. The wait is going to kill me.
    Last edited by Lani; 05-02-2012, 05:22 PM.

Comment

I'm wondering if the new color might be a blue hue. Most any shade of blue would look smart with black and steel, and certain shades of blue could complement the navy, cardinal, or forest ballistic fabrics. I've learned from older posts that there once was a popular Sapphire dyneema, which is now as rare as a Sasquatch sighting.

Comment

I would guess that the three possibilities would be an orange, a Wasabi type of colour (Lime Green?) or a Storm type of colour.

I'm desperately hoping for the Wasabi!

I love bright, saturated colours and for me most of the TB colours just miss the mark and have a dullness or darkness to them. Solar and Indigo were the only colours that did perfectly hit the mark and I adore my Indigo/Solar Tristar and my Indigo/Solar Synapse - even though green is my favorite colour.

I'm hoping for a nice lime green, and a Forest/Lime Tristar!

And in the meanwhile I feel an order coming on!

Audrey

Comment

Woo! Collector's item in my Steel/Solar synapse!

Olive/Steel ... ooo nice.
          Expat living in Japan
          iPad RistrettoAeronautSynapseLg Shop Bag • lots of little accessory pouches - straps - and other goodies!

Now ... what else do I "need" ...

Comment

Pouches ordered.
            Joi Edwards

black/steel Aeronaut, black/steel Smart Alec, navy Brain Bag, steel Snake Charmer, Absolute Strap, Vertical Freudian Slip, Brain Cell, Cache, Nook Pouch, wasabi Travel Packing Sacks, steel medium Yarn Stuff Sack, Aeronaut large and end Packing Cubes, Tri-Star large Packing Cube, ultraviolet Travel Tray, scads of different pouches of all sizes

Comment

Oh, I would so love a Wasabi type Dyneema! Glad I have a solar pouch, but perhaps I need more...

Comment

opleaseletitbebabygrasshoppergreenopleaseoplease

um Darcy, what will be available in the new color? CQPC, Shop Bags, PCBP, PCSB, OP? I am assuming it will also be a lining color. . . Just curious, and anxious to get started saving. o.O
                I really, really like TB Bags!

Comment

in case my ramblings weren't clear

of course not the hairy, prickly part, but the green part.
                  I really, really like TB Bags!

Comment

I want a Grasshopper pouch, or 10. and a Forest/Grasshopper Tristar! And a Conifer/Grasshopper Synapse!

Please, can it be Grasshopper?

Dorayme, what a gorgeous photo!

Audrey

Comment

I admit, at first, I wasn't really mourning over the Solar announcement. But then I read Gabe's post about Navy/Orange and the Chicago Bears, and it hit me that my favorite team, the Green Bay Packers, won’t have their team color combination produced in a future TB bag. So in addition to my great sadness over the loss of a perfect season last year and not making it to the Superbowl (I know it's May...I should get over it already), I can add the loss of a future Forest/Solar bag that I will never own.
                      Last edited by historygal; 05-02-2012, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Turquoise is bright!

Comment

Originally posted by dorayme View Post
                          opleaseletitbebabygrasshoppergreenopleaseoplease

um Darcy, what will be available in the new color? CQPC, Shop Bags, PCBP, PCSB, OP? I am assuming it will also be a lining color. . . Just curious, and anxious to get started saving. o.O
                          Is there a button I can click that autoreplies "Ditto!" to everything @dorayme says? :-)
                          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Comment

Originally posted by historygal View Post
                            I admit, at first, I wasn't really mourning over the Solar announcement. But then I read Gabe's post about Navy/Orange and the Chicago Bears, and it hit me that my favorite team, the Green Bay Packers, won’t have their team color combination produced in a future TB bag. So in addition to my great sadness over the loss of a perfect season last year and not making it to the Superbowl (I know it's May...I should get over it already), I can add the loss of a future Forest/Solar bag that I will never own.
                            Historygal, Forest/Solar was not a combination that was going to happen. Darcy answered a question about this in the thread that introduced forest green as a new ballistic nylon color. I concurred that solar would have worked well with the (briefly available) Hunter green ballistic nylon of 5 years ago, but not as well with the current Forest green. See my post in the thread on forest ballistic nylon for a comparison of the two colors of green. (You'll have to go back to the start of the thread if you want to compare the hunter green images in my post to forest.)

Comment

I too am sad to see Solar go - seemed such classic, and goes with so many exteriors.

Looking forward to seeing what shall take over for the new colour!
                              "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

Comment

GASP! LIME GREEN!!!!!! *faints*

Comment

Working...
                                X