Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,822   Posts: 191,278   Members: 6,719   Active Members: 269
Welcome to our newest member, tinacap77.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update on Solar Dyneema/nylon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really hope it's lime or something a lot like lime.

Comment

Lime would be nice. Orange would be nice.

ANYTHING Dyneema would be nice!!!!! MORE PLEASE!!!! ^_^

Comment

Oooo... Lime hadn't occurred to me! I was imagining a relative of the sapphire...a shazam-y sort of blue... but lime would be neat! I'm trying to think of what color would go with the ballistic colors available..."go with" being relative, of course... none of the Dyneemas are exactly subtle, with the crispy colors and visible criss-crosses, but what color would "pop" well with the ballistics already used...

Comment

I guess I had good timing...I finally placed an order including the Indigo/Solar Synapse essentially at the same time as they made the announcement so I will get a Synapse to match my Aeronaut. Of course if I had noticed the announcement I would have added a few items but it has already shipped. It seems a shame to pay another $8 shipping for a second order less than 2 days after the first.

Darcy, can you give an approximate time frame for when you will reveal the new color? I ordered a Forest Ristretto and while I expect that I will like the exterior color I prefer a brighter interior color to the steel.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
            Order placed. I feel better already.
            About the Solar Dyneema? Or about that lovely (harrumph!) email about your dissertation? Maybe you should go to this link that Katy provided in another thread:

"Keep Calm and Sing Soft Kitty" T-Shirts & Hoodies by OBEY ZOMBIE | RedBubble

With apologies to your Corgis, of course!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-05-04 at 4.13.38 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	288243

Good luck with that [email protected]#$ dissertation,

~Nancy

Comment

Ooh, count me in with the ones hoping for lime! Though I will miss solar.
              Current carry: Super Ego, various pouches, I/O (when shooting). Incorporating the FIELD JOURNAL!!!! Next up on wishlist: S25 and SE (June 2016)

Comment

Originally posted by ncb4 View Post
                About the Solar Dyneema? Or about that lovely (harrumph!) email about your dissertation? Maybe you should go to this link that Katy provided in another thread:

With apologies to your Corgis, of course!

Good luck with that [email protected]#$ dissertation,

~Nancy
                I'm kind of embarrassed to admit I have NO IDEA what the "soft kitty" thing is all about. Does it have to do with television?

I feel better about the Synapse. I probably will go to my grave feeling not-so-good about the dissertation. But that's what happens when you stick around in grad school for 10+ years, I guess. Actually, as soon as it's done I'll forget all about it. I need to hurry it up so I can write the book I actually want to write. With my lovely Synapse -- and, um, soft kitty -- nearby?

Comment

I have a black/wasabi Empire Builder and an indigo/solar TriStar.
                  I'm hoping whatever the new color is keeps up that fine tradition (although I'm not an orange fan).
                  A bright interior makes it so much easier to find things in the bag -- plus its something unique to a Tom Bihn bag.

Comment

Along with Badger, I am clueless about "soft kitty" too. I suspect it is some fabulous cool item / cult like celebrity following with those folks out in Seattle. They are always ahead of the rest of us, even when some of the rest of us don't know how far behind we / I am!

And speaking for myself - even when I think I know what it going on or "ahead" in terms of fashion, culture, music, etc....I'm really just about to be lapped around the track!

Oh I wouldn't mind a blue shade for Dyneema!
                    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
                      I'm kind of embarrassed to admit I have NO IDEA what the "soft kitty" thing is all about. Does it have to do with television?
                      It's from the TV show The Big Bang Theory - as a science nerd (geek? dork?) with a couple of Masters degrees myself, I totally relate to the show; it's really funny. But you don't have time for that, because you have a dissertation to finish :-)

Also - The Big Bang Theory - Soft Kitty - YouTube
                      Eat well, travel often.

Comment

Originally posted by nukediver View Post
                        It's from the TV show The Big Bang Theory - as a science nerd (geek? dork?) with a couple of Masters degrees myself, I totally relate to the show; it's really funny. But you don't have time for that, because you have a dissertation to finish :-)

Also - The Big Bang Theory - Soft Kitty - YouTube
                        I was typing a reply that linked to the Wikipedia entry for the "Soft Kitty" song sung by Sheldon Cooper and Penny on the TV program Big Bang Theory. I don't watch television, but I have friends who like this show. You could also get your own "Soft Kitty Mug". (I admit to looking up the YouTube clips of Raj Koothrappali interacting with Siri earlier this year. They were pretty funny.)

For ncb4's original reference to "Soft Kitty", follow the link, and scroll up one post to misterN's photo of the sleeping cat in the Your Photos! thread.
                        Last edited by moriond; 05-04-2012, 06:48 PM. Reason: Added link to original "soft kitty" picture reference post.

Comment

Nooooooooooooooo!!! I just went to order the Navy/Solar Ristretto and it's gone. So is the Navy/solar Cadet. And the Navy/Solar Copilot. :-(
                          Will there be any more Navy bags?

Comment

I have been wanting to purchase a Smart Alec myself. But it does not come in navy. Maybe the Smart Alec will come in the navy/new dyneema color this summer?

Comment

Navy should be coming back soon, barring anything unforeseen...
                              Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                                Navy should be coming back soon, barring anything unforeseen...
                                Glad to read it! I am not a fan of the navy/steel combination either. So I hope the Smart Alec in navy comes with a brighter lining NOT steel. Too difficult to please?

Comment

Working...
                                X