Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,814   Posts: 191,173   Members: 6,704   Active Members: 261
Welcome to our newest member, chrisdc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update on Solar Dyneema/nylon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the sunshine!
    Joi Edwards

black/steel Aeronaut, black/steel Smart Alec, navy Brain Bag, steel Snake Charmer, Absolute Strap, Vertical Freudian Slip, Brain Cell, Cache, Nook Pouch, wasabi Travel Packing Sacks, steel medium Yarn Stuff Sack, Aeronaut large and end Packing Cubes, Tri-Star large Packing Cube, ultraviolet Travel Tray, scads of different pouches of all sizes

Comment

Awesome photo, joiedwards! And just what we need on a day like today here in Seattle. Can I snag your photo for our Clear Organizer Pouches photo set?
      Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
        Can I snag your photo for our Clear Organizer Pouches photo set?
        Oh Darcy, you are soooo cruel. You are going to post this in the Clear Organizer Pouches photo set so that once you sell out of them in Solar, you will just leave people saddened that they can't get their hands on them anymore!!! lol.

PS: Is it silly that I come back to this thread everyday hoping for an update on the new Dyneema color?

Yours truly,

Lani, the Dyneema Diva

Comment

yes you can!
          Joi Edwards

black/steel Aeronaut, black/steel Smart Alec, navy Brain Bag, steel Snake Charmer, Absolute Strap, Vertical Freudian Slip, Brain Cell, Cache, Nook Pouch, wasabi Travel Packing Sacks, steel medium Yarn Stuff Sack, Aeronaut large and end Packing Cubes, Tri-Star large Packing Cube, ultraviolet Travel Tray, scads of different pouches of all sizes

Comment

I wish that certain colors would be kept as permanent. I recently bought a steel/solar Dyneema Co-pilot. I like that it matches my old Synapse. I think it would be useful to choose a core set of materials & always have products available in those (at least as an exterior color).

Comment

Originally posted by quattro98 View Post
              I wish that certain colors would be kept as permanent.
              I believe they do. The core permanent colors seem to be black Cordura, and steel Dyneema. They do periodically sell out of those, but those colors seem to be permanent and they don't ever stop making things in those colors.

Comment

Does this mean the Steel Dyneema exterior will be paired with a different Dyneema lining?

Like, say, ULTRAVIOLET???

(anytime I'm not on the forums for a few weeks, you can bet it's the beginning or end of a semester, and something important will happen in the TB world)

Comment

@Historygal - I just PM'd you on the navy/iberian Synapse, so please check that out!

Comment

Originally posted by marbenais View Post
                    Does this mean the Steel Dyneema exterior will be paired with a different Dyneema lining?
                    Maybe. Maybe not. (How's that for an infuriatingly non-answering answer?)
                    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Originally posted by marbenais View Post

Like, say, ULTRAVIOLET???
                      A steel dyneema + ultraviolet dyneema Synapse would make it into my shopping cart.

Comment

I have been a loyal friend of the great TB
                        My blue pouch always goes with me
                        Love my vast collection every one
                        Used them everywhere under the sun
                        But now I feel I must complain
                        Solar always chased the rain
                        Brightness, splendor color bold
                        I can't believe it won't be sold
                        I sigh, I pine, what will I do?
                        But wait, one Bihnism is always true
                        Brilliant staff concurs, TB a real go getter
                        Dynema, new shade, must be even better!

Comment

"Bihnism." Hahahaa somehow that seems so holistic!

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                            Maybe. Maybe not. (How's that for an infuriatingly non-answering answer?)
                            AAAAAHHHHHHHH! But if it doesn't get paired with another interior then . . . would it be Steel Dyneema on the exterior AND the interior?

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
                              Order placed. I feel better already.
                              Badger, has your new Synapse arrived yet? I'm curious what you think of it...especially as compared to the Stealthy Smart Alec....

Comment

Originally posted by Tlacltme View Post
                                Badger, has your new Synapse arrived yet? I'm curious what you think of it...especially as compared to the Stealthy Smart Alec....
                                No, it hasn't arrived yet, but I'm being patient. Sort of. Expect a comparative review and a bunch of my "awesome" pics.

Comment

Working...
                                X