Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,636   Posts: 189,028   Members: 6,622   Active Members: 300
MapGuy
Forum Member
Welcome to our newest member, MapGuy.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creeping TomBihn-itis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    gochicken
    TB Ravelry *********

• gochicken
    replied
    Originally posted by cucciasv View Post
    Yes, I do have BAS (Bihn Acquisition Syndrome)! Just ordered my second Ristretto, then I just decided to go ahead and order a Brain Bag, and I am about to pull the trigger on a Super Ego. I already have a Co-Pilot and a Zephyr. I am collecting pouches... Someone, please help me!
    I do not think there is a way to cure BAS, except if all of us who have the syndrome manage to acquire the entire line of TB stuff, in all color combinations, in our own houses (note I don't say closets, because it wouldn't all fit!). And even then, the TB crew would be coming out with new things in new fabrics and colors and styles. It is a chronic disease... it can be managed, but not cured. And I don't think many of us even want to be cured!

Leave a comment:

• Perplexa
    Forum Member

• Perplexa
    replied
    I finally got the order that started this thread (and successfully moved from Canada back to the US, so I can return to lurking/posting on this forum). No, the order didn't take a month+ to arrive. Actually, it took about 48 hours, it just went to my parents' house so I wouldn't have to pay to ship it to Canada and then pay to import it only to bring it right back. Now I have an *amazing* plum LCB. It took me all of about 30 seconds to decide to make it into my every-time-I-leave-the-house bag, and it's SO much better than the old piece of s*** I had before. Now all my bags have matching rings for key straps and pouches, and my keys can actually live in a place where I can find them!

Also, when did Tom start adding QR codes to the inside of bags? I laughed so hard when I saw that.

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    Forum Member

• backpack
    replied
    The Crew rocks! And roll and saw and plan and fit and box and update databases, blog, forum, take pictures, design and brainstorm and love on the dogs!

Big Cyber Hugs!

Leave a comment:

• lonestar6
    Forum Member

• lonestar6
    replied
    Originally posted by Katy View Post
    Sure you already have a Co-Pilot, Zephyr, Brain Bag and Ristretto. But do you have a Super Ego!???
    You just completed your certification as an enabler. You should ask Tom for a raise, or at least an extra vacation day.

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    I work at TOM BIHN

• Katy
    replied
    Originally posted by cucciasv View Post
    Yes, I do have BAS (Bihn Acquisition Syndrome)! Just ordered my second Ristretto, then I just decided to go ahead and order a Brain Bag, and I am about to pull the trigger on a Super Ego. I already have a Co-Pilot and a Zephyr. I am collecting pouches... Someone, please help me!
    Sure you already have a Co-Pilot, Zephyr, Brain Bag and Ristretto. But do you have a Super Ego!???

Leave a comment:

• cucciasv
    Forum Member

• cucciasv
    replied
    cucciasv
    Forum Member
    Last edited by cucciasv; 06-25-2012, 02:46 PM. Reason: Added more TB products due to BAS

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    Volunteer Moderator

• moriond
    replied
    Originally posted by TavaPeak View Post
    A gorgeous navy/cork/wasabi Imago. .
    The colors are terrific. What is it about Wasabi? It makes everything look great.
    @TavaPeak gotta say that's a great Imago color combination. Agree that Wasabi works really well as an interior color, and I really like the cork flaps.

moriond

Leave a comment:

• TavaPeak
    Forum Member

• TavaPeak
    replied
    Originally posted by Scattered View Post
    Wow, didn't know they'd do that. That's one design choice I never like on the Imago, not being able to remove the strap. It will be interesting to see how you like it, once you've used it a bit.
    I don't carry heavy stuff in my Imago (that's what the Zephyr is for). So I wish the clips were a little smaller, not so macho. :-) But I love the Igago. The colors are terrific. What is it about Wasabi? It makes everything look great.

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    Volunteer Moderator

• moriond
    replied
    Originally posted by Scattered View Post
    Wow, didn't know they'd do that. That's one design choice I never like on the Imago, not being able to remove the strap. It will be interesting to see how you like it, once you've used it a bit.
    That was only true of the first generation Imago that was introduced in mid-2006. At least by May 2007 you had the option to switch to either a Quick-Adjust Messenger strap or an Absolute Strap. Of course, if you bought one of the models that was produced earlier, it wouldn't have this feature. My Hunter/Cork/Sage Imago was purchased in 2007 with the Q-AM strap, and I can switch this strap.

moriond

Leave a comment:

• dorayme
    TB Ravelry *********

• dorayme
    replied
    My Imago, well my son's Imago, was purchased with the Absolute strap, and attachment hardware. That means that it has the capability to have removable straps. It is now sporting a simple strap, but it can be changed if I desire.

Leave a comment:

• Scattered
    Forum Member

• Scattered
    replied
    The Bihn folks modded the standard strap onto clips for me, so I can switch out the strap with my Absolute.

Leave a comment:

• TavaPeak
    Forum Member

• TavaPeak
    replied
    Originally posted by moriond View Post
    They do that, you know. What color Imago?
    A gorgeous navy/cork/wasabi Imago. The Bihn folks modded the standard strap onto clips for me, so I can switch out the strap with my Absolute.

The Synapse and Imago came with some friends, like a second wallet and some Dyneema organizer pouches. Which, come to think of it, might have been more accurately named Tribbles. Every time I turn my back, more appear.

Leave a comment:

• conversa
    Forum Member

• conversa
    replied
    basking in the afterglow of getting to know my new 11 inch cadet, I feel strong enough to take misterN's advice. I will stay away... at least until the new dyneema comes in!

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    Volunteer Moderator

• moriond
    replied
    I went to order a Synapse, and an Imago somehow snuck in. And some small stuff.
    They do that, you know. What color Imago?

Leave a comment:

• misterN
    Forum Member

• misterN
    replied
    I help myself by not visiting the website as much as I used to. Don't get me wrong, I love my Tom Bihn products--but I also don't spend as much money if I'm not actively engaged in the forums, blogs, etc.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X