Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,501   Posts: 187,535   Members: 6,460   Active Members: 327
Welcome to our newest member, knelby.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medium Cafe Bag as Camera Bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medium Cafe Bag as Camera Bag

I've got a micro four thirds camera (Olympus OM-D E-M5) with a bunch of lenses. Like many camera owners, I have several camera bags. Most of these are large enough to carry the camera and several lenses, along with accessories. What I was looking for, was something smaller and light if I just wanted to carry the camera with one lens attached, and maybe another small lens as well. I really dislike bags that look like camera bags.

Crumpler makes a series of camera inserts you can use with any bag. Their Haven line comes in small, medium, and large. I found the small Haven fits perfectly in a medium cafe bag:

Haven (S)

Voila: a small bag that doesn't scream "camera bag." The cafe bag's front and back pockets can be used for wallet, phone, etc; leaving the main pocket for the insert.

Great to know. I'll jump in and ask before someone else does: do you happen to have any photos showing your camera bag set up?
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Here are a couple of quick shots (used my Ipad, so forgive the quality). This is the bag I use on weekends when I'm out and about anyway. Just dropping the insert in the bag with some equipment turns the cafe bag into a light camera bag, with enough padding for my equipment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0103.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	264.6 KB
ID:	288387Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0104.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	289.7 KB
ID:	288388

Comment

Thanks for posting the photos!
        Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Working...
        X