Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,822   Posts: 191,272   Members: 6,719   Active Members: 269
Welcome to our newest member, dougwierzba2.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most out of the ordinary item you have carried in your TOM BIHN Bag?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by Rocks View Post
    A live mini orchid and a bottle of Scotch (full size).
    [ATTACH]2689[/ATTACH]
    Two of my favorite things!
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

    Comment


      #17
      Yes! Amazing fruits! Tasty and beautiful, all at the same time! The jeruk bali is my favorite...augh. SO refreshing, so tingly-sweet-sour in the mouth...

      Comment


        #18
        I know that carrying a computer or two is an everyday thing for our bags but.....

        Last Weekend I was working the MS Bike Ride at Net Control as a Radio and Computer Volunteer and had 6 machines with Power Supplies in my Trager bag at one time. Since the Trager were sold through Bihn I figure this counts! There was even room for more stuff but it was fairly tough to move around I will admit!
        I was tasked with projecting incident logs and Vehicle Tracking Maps in the room and as the computers were coming out of the bag one guy had to go see for himself if it was a Magicians Trick Bag of some kind? It was pretty amusing.

        I also have a special carrier I made for my universal radio mounting system that lets me use my Super Ego as an Amateur Radio Station complete with its own battery power.
        Maybe this is just ordinary after all since I designed it for this and it works so well it looks like a factory job but I doubt there is another one like this out there?
        Talk about Stealth!

        I will try to get pics of both of these on here.

        Katy: Didn't know you were into Vintage Audio? I come across that Junk,I mean Treasure every day!
        Let me know what you like?

        Ed

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by AVService View Post
          I know that carrying a computer or two is an everyday thing for our bags but.....

          Last Weekend I was working the MS Bike Ride at Net Control as a Radio and Computer Volunteer and had 6 machines with Power Supplies in my Trager bag at one time. Since the Trager were sold through Bihn I figure this counts! There was even room for more stuff but it was fairly tough to move around I will admit!
          I was tasked with projecting incident logs and Vehicle Tracking Maps in the room and as the computers were coming out of the bag one guy had to go see for himself if it was a Magicians Trick Bag of some kind? It was pretty amusing.

          I also have a special carrier I made for my universal radio mounting system that lets me use my Super Ego as an Amateur Radio Station complete with its own battery power.
          Maybe this is just ordinary after all since I designed it for this and it works so well it looks like a factory job but I doubt there is another one like this out there?
          Talk about Stealth!

          I will try to get pics of both of these on here.

          Katy: Didn't know you were into Vintage Audio? I come across that Junk,I mean Treasure every day!
          Let me know what you like?

          Ed

          Whoa! That's a lot of stuff! I can see why that guy wanted to make sure you were not tricking him!

          Yes! Photos would be amazing!

          It's a relatively new hobby . I have a Technics SL-QD3 (turntable) and a Technics SA-222 (receiver). I'm currently using a pair of of Sennheiser HD-280 headphones because I have yet to find the perfect set of speakers. I'm going to Hawthorne Stereo here in Seattle sometime this week to check out their speakers. Or, for the right pair of speakers, I may end up buying new.

          Attached Files
          http://www.tombihn.com
          1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
          Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

          Comment


            #20
            Radiation detection meter in a Synapse, anyone?

            Click image for larger version

Name:	radmeter.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	989.9 KB
ID:	288411
            Eat well, travel often.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by nukediver View Post
              Radiation detection meter in a Synapse, anyone?
              Hey, Nuke!

              I think the only thing that could top this is if the radiation-detector-in-a-Synapse was next to the Suddenly-SALAD-in-a-Synapse. They'd set each other off.

              Comment


                #22
                ((hey Badger- great to have you back mouthing off again .....and of course, the corgi pics!)

                Comment


                  #23
                  Love your photo, nukediver! Awesome! Love the Circa/Arc notebook as well

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Suddenly Salad? I had never heard of it. What is it, like, Hamburger Helper for vegetarians?
                    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers.

                    Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by Badger View Post
                      Hey, Nuke!

                      I think the only thing that could top this is if the radiation-detector-in-a-Synapse was next to the Suddenly-SALAD-in-a-Synapse. They'd set each other off.
                      I'm totally certain that would be the outcome :-)
                      Eat well, travel often.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by Tlacltme View Post
                        Love your photo, nukediver! Awesome! Love the Circa/Arc notebook as well
                        Thanks! Would you believe that's actually what was in my Synapse this morning? No staging of shots for me (at least not this time!). And I absolutely LOVE my Circa notebook - it's really helped to keep me organized. Levenger is another company that keeps taking my $$....
                        Eat well, travel often.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Frank, it is pasta salad in a box! Comes with the dried pasta and seasoning and directions on how to make it. Easy Peasy!

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Real iMessage conversation:

                            Kiddo: I wonder what it was before, suddenly, it became salad?
                            Badger: Dry pasta. And chemicals.
                            Kiddo: . . .


                            I think part of Kiddo died that day, haha.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              A box of organic dried pasta, a couple of mini jars of organic herbs and a jar of organic mayo or organic ranch dressing would give the same pasta salad but cheaper and organic.

                              I don't like to buy boxes with other people's name except Tom Bihn.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                the most out of the ordinary item i have ever carried in a tom bihn bag would definitely be my grandmother's cremation remains carried in a western flyer, carried in backpack form from the u.s. to india. that was last october, almost a year ago.

                                interestingly, i will find myself carrying my brother's cremations remains to india later this year - in an aeronaut this time, i think.

                                i am thankful that tom's wonderful bag designs can accommodate this fairly large size container, and at the same time accommodate my clothes, toiletries, and whatever else i need for my trip, and allow me to carry it all very comfortably!

                                but i don't want to make a habit out of carrying cremation remains.
                                -m

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X