Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,582   Posts: 188,362   Members: 6,552   Active Members: 301
Welcome to our newest member, MerryAlcal.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing Aubergine 1050d U.S. ballistic nylon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dorayme View Post
    This color has induced a state of perpetual swooning. Every time I see it, my knees become weak! THANK YOU Tom, Darcy, and whoever else picks colors. This one is amazing! It's my dream come true!
    I'm glad you (dorayme and everyone else) like Aubergine. Choosing the color was truly a team effort. The whole crew wants Aubergine bags!
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

This is my first trip back to the forums after a hectic month or so. What a wonderful surprise! The aubergine is lovely. Now I just have to figure out what I'm getting in it.

Comment

Wow, whatta color. I never wanted an Aeronaut until now.

Darcy, is it possible to get a Swift in Aubergine/wasabi without the Knitty logo? Knitty did such a great thing in collaborating with Tom Bihn, but I'd prefer something without a logo. I'm a kneedlepointer.

Comment

Originally posted by TavaPeak View Post
          Darcy, is it possible to get a Swift in Aubergine/wasabi without the Knitty logo? Knitty did such a great thing in collaborating with Tom Bihn, but I'd prefer something without a logo. I'm a kneedlepointer.
          I, too, would like an Aubergine Swift without the logo. Perhaps since the Knitty Swift is a limited edition, after it is sold out a plain version will be produced? Please?

Comment

One more vote for the Aubergine/wasabi Swift without the logo.

Love the new color -

Will there be any aubergine backpacks?
            Last edited by bunchgrass; 09-18-2012, 03:47 PM. Reason: add backpack question

Comment

Oh my, my wish for a steel/ultraviolet Tri Star may have changed to a aubergine/ultraviolet Aeronaut. Is it possible to have too much purple like color in one bag, I think not.

Has anyone seen how the aubrgine looks next to plum. Like Dorayme, I have a bit of the plum color around.

Take care,
              Moose
              List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Comment

Love love love love love...did I mention love? ..... AUBERGINE!!!!!!!!! And aubergine/wasabi?!?!?!? AHHHH! PERFECT -- must make more bags in that combo please!!!!!! (Smart Alec, Cadet, WF ....)

sue

Comment

Ooooh! I love it! This color is going to look great with my olive gear. Perhaps an aubergine little swift later this year

Comment

Darcy, may I request for photos of the Aeronaut in Aubergine showing the wasabi and ultraviolet lining?

Will there be a Western Flyer Rolling Luggage Handle Pocket with wasabi and/or ultraviolet lining?

Thanks!

Comment

OH MY. I can't believe it! The most perfect color ever!

Darcy, please, please, please, please, please don't only make one batch of the Aubergine/Ultraviolet Aeronauts . . .

Comment

Oh, I'm dying! I was waffling about a Navy/Wasabi Aeronaut, but now I've seen this....

Walker, there's a photo on the blog of a wasabi lined aeronaut.
                        Last edited by kmcg; 09-18-2012, 08:39 PM.

Comment

I finally figured out what this color makes me think of. The Home Depot commercial where the woman's looking for the perfect shade of purple. Not PURPLE, but Purple. This color is absolutely gorgeous! And paired with wasabi? Oh my! *looks at budget* This color will be around for a bit, won't it? Pretty please?!???!!! I need time to restock funds!

Comment

That really is a beautiful color... says someone who already owns a plum LCB.....

Comment

I haven't been around the forums a lot lately so didn't have any advance warning of a new color when I received the email today...boy was I surprised.

What an absolutely gorgeous color! I loved plum but I think this is better. Now I need to think of something to need
                              My Tom Bihn stuff: Western Flyer (Black/Steel), Large WF packing cube (Steel), Packing Cube Shoulder Bag (Steel), Absolute shoulder strap, Horizontal Cache, Clear Organizer Wallet (Plum), Small Dyneema pouch (UV), Ballistic Nylon Pen/Pencil Pouch (Steel), FOJ Pouch (Navy), Clear Quarter Packing Cube (UV), Small Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), and the Super Secret Mystery Gift!

Comment

Wow! This colour (Canadian over here ) is gorgeous! I might have to order an Aeronaut now.
                                Black/Iberian TS, Steel/Steel Synapse, Black/Wasabi LCB, Linen/Steel MCB, Plum/Wasabi SCB, SE, Absolute strap, TT, small YSS, small TSS, Clear organizer wallets (Plum & hemp), TS packing cubes (L, M, S), PCSB, PCSB, Cork OPs, Dyneema OPs in Steel , UV , Iberian , and Solar , Cordura OPs in Plum and Azalea, Plum clear OP, Padded OP, think I'm running out of room here!

Comment

Working...
                                X