Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 15,276   Posts: 197,763   Members: 7,230   Active Members: 173
Welcome to our newest member, FrodoBaggin.

Introducing Aubergine 1050d U.S. ballistic nylon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pocketsize
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Lani View Post
    nbc4 -- If you are able to part with your Navy/Solar Aeronaut, one option is to sell yours on eBay and use the money to buy an Aubergine Aeronaut. I purchased a Navy/Solar Western Flyer because I loved the color combination, and I wanted to cling to as many Solar Dyneema products as I could, but now that they're releasing an Aubergine WF, I'm really torn, and I might wind up doing the same thing (it helps that I haven't even removed the label off of the WF yet).

However, there's no Aubergine/Wasabi WF--for that combo, I need to upsize to a Tri-Star. I'm REALLY torn about that. But it's such an amazing color combo, I might just have to take the plunge!
    Lani, I want an aubergine TS...but if you put the WF on ebay it may very well find a good home with me, because like you, I'm a little sad there's no Aubergine/wasabi combo for WF. And steel is a little dark for a lining, or so I've read.

Comment

• Darcy
      TOM BIHN Crew (we work here)
      • May 2003

As you know, the Knitty 10th Anniversary Swift in Aubergine/Steel/Wasabi-Lined-Pockets quickly sold out. We’re making more, but they won’t ship until mid-January.

Because a) that’s a long time to wait and b) some of you requested this, we came out with a second color combination that’s in-stock and ready to ship now: Aubergine/Steel/Ultraviolet-Lined-Pockets

Click image for larger version

Name:	TB0660-ABST_03b.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	233.1 KB
ID:	288444

More new photos of Aubergine bags will be posted soon....
      Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

• backpack
        Forum Member
        • Feb 2006

Faint! Love at first sight!

Comment

• verysimple
          Forum Member
          • Dec 2011

love the color...

Comment

• Sacharissa
            Forum Member
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by backpack View Post
            Aubergine is a wonderful professional color and is really a great addition to the French First Empire inspired colors in Tom Bihn Inc's Ballistic rainbow...That might allow me to get another or more Aeronaut.

I hope that a Cadet in that color is in the works...
            Yes, please! A Cadet in Aubergine would be just the ticket! I LOVE the Aeronaut and Co-pilot I just got in Black, but I can see now that I will need to move into Aubergine in a BIG way. Would love to start my collection with the Cadet!
            On an Epic Quest for the Perfect Bag...

One Bag to rule them all, One Bag to find them,
            One Bag to carry them all and in the aircraft bind them...

Comment

• Seikoguy
              Forum Member
              • Nov 2012

Hello all. This is my very first post on this forum. I own a small number of Tom Bihn products - an Empire Builder, a variety of Brain Cells and Caches in various sizes that I've acquired over the last 12 months from visiting the factory store in Seattle. However, what really caught my eye was the release of bags in this Aubergine color. I simply couldn't take my eyes off the Aeronaut in this color! Then, the Tri-Star received the same treatment as well, so I had to add it to the shopping cart. I don't really have any immediate need for the bags, but, truth be told, it was really the color that sold me. I'm looking forward to more Aubergine goodness.

Name:	tombihn1.JPG
Size:	541.0 KB
ID:	288469

Comment

• rlandis
                Forum Member
                • Sep 2012

Having never seen Aubergine in person, is this a pretty accurate representation of what the color looks like, or is it affected by the flash??
                Owner, Fool On The Hill Recording, Nashville TN

Comment

• Janine
                  Forum Member
                  • Dec 2010

Welcome to the forum, @Seikoguy! That's an excellent unboxing photo! I hope your new bags accompany you on many pleasant travels!
                  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Comment

• Seikoguy
                    Forum Member
                    • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Janine View Post
                    Welcome to the forum, @Seikoguy! That's an excellent unboxing photo! I hope your new bags accompany you on many pleasant travels!
                    Janine, thank you for the welcome. Well, it so happens that I do have a 3-week trip to South-East Asia next month, so methinks one of the two bags will be accompanying me. :-)

Comment

• Seikoguy
                      Forum Member
                      • Nov 2012

Originally posted by rlandis View Post
                      Having never seen Aubergine in person, is this a pretty accurate representation of what the color looks like, or is it affected by the flash??
                      The flash did lighten the color somewhat. I would say that the very first picture in this thread is a good representation of what the color really looks like, in the flesh.

Comment

• Seikoguy
                        Forum Member
                        • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Janine View Post
                        Thank you for the warm welcome, Janine. Well, I do have a 3-week trip through South-East Asia already booked for next month. Methinks one of the two bags above shall be accompanying me.

Comment

• Seikoguy
                          Forum Member
                          • Nov 2012

Name:	westernflyerblog.jpg
Size:	245.2 KB
ID:	288472
                          Oh my. Looks like another fine TB bag (Western Flyer) has embraced the Aubergine goodness. Just love that rich color!

Comment

• Kinsale
                            Forum Member
                            • Nov 2008

That Aubergine/Steel/Ultraviolet combination is talking to me. Hope it shows up in other bags besides the knitty.

Comment

• calel
                              Forum Member
                              • Jul 2008

Now that the Smart Alec is offered in Aubergine, is there any chance of a purple Citizen Canine? I want to order one for Christmas but black and grey are too staid for my tastes, and I've got so many red bags that it might be an illness at this point.

Comment

• Walker
                                Forum Member
                                • May 2011

And will there be a large Cadet in Aubergine?

Comment

Working...
                                X