Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,582   Posts: 188,362   Members: 6,552   Active Members: 301
Welcome to our newest member, MerryAlcal.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing Aubergine 1050d U.S. ballistic nylon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• itsablur
    replied
    Originally posted by RDR3 View Post
    I certainly did! Love that piña material. It beats having to wear a suit in that heat!
    Agreed. It certainly makes a world of difference when it's hot out. You do kind of regret it a little when it's cold though (never in the Philippines). A bunch of the uncles and my cousins wore barongs to our cousin's wedding last September here in Canada and it was a wee chilly that day. Have to change to a suit for the evening or risk freezing my ___ off...

Leave a comment:

• flitcraft
    replied
    Darcy has hinted that there is a potential replacement in the works. I really hope it comes out soon, because there is nothing in the current product line that substitutes well for the late, lamented Imago. (I'm using my aubergine-hemp Imago as my EDC these days).

Leave a comment:

• TOBaggirl
    replied
    Ha, I got all excited there for nothing. It's too bad. I wonder why it was discontinued? Seems like a great messenger bag. Not too big, not too small....

The Imago is discontinued. It was part of my backordered items.

Leave a comment:

• RDR3
    replied
    Originally posted by itsablur View Post
    Did you just hold a barong up to your Imago?
    I certainly did! Love that piña material. It beats having to wear a suit in that heat!

Leave a comment:

• itsablur
    replied
    Ahhhhh, now I get it. My first Aubergine item came last Friday, the Imago Aubergine/Hemp. Wow. Of course I like the hemp too. It reminds me of the woven hemp and piña (fabric from the leaves of a pineapple plant) back home.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]4770[/ATTACH]
    Did you just hold a barong up to your Imago?

Leave a comment:

• RDR3
    replied
    Originally posted by TOBaggirl View Post
    RDR3, I don't understand. I thought this was discontinued? You received this last friday? As in Sept 2013?
    The Imago is discontinued. It was part of my backordered items.

Leave a comment:

• TOBaggirl
    replied
    RDR3, I don't understand. I thought this was discontinued? You received this last friday? As in Sept 2013?

Ahhhhh, now I get it. My first Aubergine item came last Friday, the Imago Aubergine/Hemp. Wow. Of course I like the hemp too. It reminds me of the woven hemp and piña (fabric from the leaves of a pineapple plant) back home.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]4769[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]4770[/ATTACH]

Leave a comment:

• RDR3
    replied

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• marbenais
    replied
    I would LOVE a Citizen Canine in Aubergine! Preferably Aubergine/Ultraviolet . . .

Leave a comment:

• Walker
    replied
    And will there be a large Cadet in Aubergine?

Leave a comment:

• calel
    replied
    Now that the Smart Alec is offered in Aubergine, is there any chance of a purple Citizen Canine? I want to order one for Christmas but black and grey are too staid for my tastes, and I've got so many red bags that it might be an illness at this point.

Leave a comment:

• Kinsale
    replied
    That Aubergine/Steel/Ultraviolet combination is talking to me. Hope it shows up in other bags besides the knitty.

Leave a comment:

• Seikoguy
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	westernflyerblog.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	245.2 KB
ID:	288472
    Oh my. Looks like another fine TB bag (Western Flyer) has embraced the Aubergine goodness. Just love that rich color!

Leave a comment:

• Seikoguy
    replied
    Originally posted by Janine View Post
    Welcome to the forum, @Seikoguy! That's an excellent unboxing photo! I hope your new bags accompany you on many pleasant travels!
    Thank you for the warm welcome, Janine. Well, I do have a 3-week trip through South-East Asia already booked for next month. Methinks one of the two bags above shall be accompanying me.

Leave a comment:

• Seikoguy
    replied
    Originally posted by rlandis View Post
    Having never seen Aubergine in person, is this a pretty accurate representation of what the color looks like, or is it affected by the flash??
    The flash did lighten the color somewhat. I would say that the very first picture in this thread is a good representation of what the color really looks like, in the flesh.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X