Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,492   Posts: 187,436   Members: 6,453   Active Members: 336
Welcome to our newest member, parisbandarq.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going to TB Store Tomorrow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pocketsize
    replied
    Originally posted by dwright17 View Post
    My friend and I had a great visit with Katy and Brian yesterday. I am now the proud owner of an aubergine/hemp/steel Imago! I also bought wasabi and aubergine pouches to go with it, as well as an absolute strap (of course). As promised, here are some pictures. I'm glad I took these with my great camera rather than iPhone. The colors came out very true to life.
    -So- gorgeous, I am drooling just looking at my ipad...

Leave a comment:

• kmcg
    replied
    Wonderful pictures! I'm so glad you were able to get to the store and have all that fun!

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Originally posted by TavaPeak View Post
    Oh WOW. That Aubergine is gorgeous! Wish I had waited. [I'm trying not to let my Navy/Cork/Wasabi Imago hear me say that.]
    The only thing that would have made that Aubergine/Hemp/Steel Imago combination even better would be a lighter shade for the interior color. The Wasabi makes finding things in the bag really easy. I wish they could use a shade like the lining of my Hunter/Cork/Sage Imago. The sage is actually a silvery sort of steel that would also work really well in the color combinations, but provide a lighter interior. (I hauled out all my bags to check color and fabric combinations when I got the Aubergine Kit. And now I can say thanks to the folks at Tom Bihn for sending it to me, and to Katy for her great note and card!)

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 10-10-2012, 12:20 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling of Katy's name - darn virtual keyboards!

Leave a comment:

• TavaPeak
    replied
    Originally posted by Katy View Post
    I'm sure there are outfits that the Navy would work well with that the Aubergine would clash with and vice versa... just saying .
    Katy, you are sweet and a tad evil. ;-) Lucky for me, my husband does not see the Bihn bills.

I'm holding out for a no-logo Aubergine/wasabi Swift. Hope they're in before my trip to Kauai in December...

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    replied
    Originally posted by TavaPeak View Post
    Oh WOW. That Aubergine is gorgeous! Wish I had waited. [I'm trying not to let my Navy/Cork/Wasabi Imago hear me say that.]
    I'm sure there are outfits that the Navy would work well with that the Aubergine would clash with and vice versa... just saying .

Leave a comment:

• TavaPeak
    replied

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Originally posted by dwright17 View Post
    My friend and I had a great visit with Katy and Brian yesterday. I am now the proud owner of an aubergine/hemp/steel Imago! I also bought wasabi and aubergine pouches to go with it, as well as an absolute strap (of course).
    Congrats on the new Imago; I had a feeling that The Aubergine would be a killer color combination with the hemp, so thanks so much for taking pictures:
    Originally posted by moriond View Post
    Aubergine … looks fantastic with neutral fabrics like the hemp of my Little Swift.
    I emailed Katy just before I put in my Little Swift in Aubergine order to ask whether she'd seen the new Imago combination, but at the time they hadn't made up the bag yet. It looks beautiful. Hope you really like your Imago this time around. Great colors on the pouches!

moriond

Leave a comment:

• rlandis
    replied
    Now remember, with your complement of stuff, when you fill that grocery tote, you're only allowed to buy eggplant!!!

Leave a comment:

• dorayme
    replied
    Everything looks so nice. I too tried an Imago in Steel/Cork/Wasabi and it didn't quite work for me, my son now has it. Aubergine/Hemp makes me want to give it a second chance!

Leave a comment:

• lonestar6
    replied
    Aubergine is beautiful. I may have to give some unused pouches as gifts so I can get the new color

Leave a comment:

• bunchgrass
    replied
    Great pics!! Thank you. I've been thinking about buying an aubergine/hemp/steel Imago and your photos were a big help - it is now definitely on my wish list.

Leave a comment:

• dwright17
    replied
    My friend and I had a great visit with Katy and Brian yesterday. I am now the proud owner of an aubergine/hemp/steel Imago! I also bought wasabi and aubergine pouches to go with it, as well as an absolute strap (of course). As promised, here are some pictures. I'm glad I took these with my great camera rather than iPhone. The colors came out very true to life. Here you go:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Imago 010.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	659.6 KB
ID:	288439Click image for larger version

Name:	Imago 006.jpg
Size:	845.2 KB
ID:	288440Click image for larger version

Name:	Imago 007.jpg
Size:	842.3 KB
ID:	288441

In the Imago, I have a medium pouch with toiletries such as a brush, hand sanitizer, etc.; a small pouch with my iPad/iPhone charger, earphones, and a usb drive; a mini pouch with punch cards and coupons; wallet; keys; a business card holder; folders; 100-page notebook; iPad in a leather case; sunglasses; iPhone (note how my cover matches the aubergine!) which fits into the size zipper pocket; grocery tote; sunglasses; camera in a case; a small and pen/pencil case in aubergine that I haven't filled up yet; and my coffee mug (looking quite complementary to the wasabi, I might add; and my Teavana purple travel tea mug is equally matchy!). My pens, pencils and highlighters clip nicely on the inside pocket. I have various papers in the back pocket to reach quickly while out. One nice surprise is that my badge fits perfectly in the other side zipper pocket so it's easily accessible in the morning as I'm walking into the office.

I had tried an Imago a couple of years ago and couldn't get it to work for me. This time, it seems everything fits very nicely. Funny how that happens! My only concern is that it looks so big on me. Being only 5' tall, even with the strap as short as it will go, it hangs to my knee, ha ha! No matter; I can always wear it cross-body if I'm walking very far. I opted not to share a self-portrait, though!

Leave a comment:

• dwright17
    replied
    Katy thank you so much! I'm excited to bring another friend along as well! Funny that my trip last week didn't work out and then this one turned up right away.

Okay everyone, my iPhone and iPad are poised for pics!

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    replied
    Originally posted by jannilee View Post
    Katy, you are the best! I know how disappointed i would have been if i hadn't been able to visit the source of all Bihnness. I am sad to report thatwe will no longer be neighbours as i am off to Victoria today with overstuffed bags!

Aw! Bummer . I was hoping all this nice weather would convince you to decide to stay forever!

Have a great time in Victoria!

Leave a comment:

• jannilee
    replied
    Katy, you are the best! I know how disappointed i would have been if i hadn't been able to visit the source of all Bihnness. I am sad to report thatwe will no longer be neighbours as i am off to Victoria today with overstuffed bags!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X