Buzz or cafe bag? Size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buzz or cafe bag? Size?

I need to get some sort of bag, but I can't decide. I know later on when I get a laptop I'm going to get either a brain bag or empire builder, but for the short term I need something to hold all my stuff. I'm interested in a cafe bag or buzz. I need it on my trips to school and work.

I need to carry my keys, ipod, sunglasses, pens, pda, various sized books, misc small items, etc. I'd also like to know how big a notebook can fit in the mentioned bags?

It would be really great if one or the other could hold a notebook of binder paper, or possible 3 ring binder and textbook. I normally only need to carry a single textbook or binder at a time. I usually carry a single binder and one of these books. I could modify this and get some sort of spiral notebook if I had to.

I'd rather get a cafe bag over the buzz, since I may get a brain bag later, the cafe bag would seem like it would compliment a brain bag or empire builder more (a medium cafe bag would fit inside either one correct?). I've ruled out the small cafe bag, and I'd rather not get a large becuase I don't want a half empty bag all the time flopping around. Would a medium bag work for me? Another quick requirement would be to fit in a locker for work, but I probably need to measure that out myself.

I think the Buzz and the Cafe bag (even the large) would be a bit too small. Because of the way the Buzz is shaped, it's not very binder-friendly, and it'd be a stretch to fit the binder and one of those textbooks inside the Large Cafe Bag.

Have you considered the ID or the Smart Alec? These are the bags I primarily use. They're great mid-sized bags -- in them, I can carry my laptop (inside a Brain Cell or Monolith), a jacket/sweater, all the usual accessories, a book, my iPod, wallet, checkbook wallet, bottle of water, and still have a bit of room leftover in case I pick up anything along the way.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Thank you for the reply

Would the med or large cafe bag hold just one book and a 8.5x11 thin notebook?

I think I'll just go with a med or large cafe bag for all my little stuff, and then later on I can get a empire builder or brain bag for school/laptop carring.. thank you for all your help.

Comment

I'd recommend the Large, but the Medium may work. And you're welcome!
        Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

I just ordered a medium cafe bag. I picked medium to carry all my stuff that I end up carring around. If I really need to carry a laptop or textbooks I'll just have to get another bag I've been having too many experiences carring stuff around and thinking "If I had a cafe bag this would be easier". Thank you for helping me pick a bag.

Comment

Working...
          X