Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,521   Posts: 187,738   Members: 6,485   Active Members: 309
Welcome to our newest member, questah043.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has the "ultimate" shoulder strap been fixed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has the "ultimate" shoulder strap been fixed?

I got an Empire Builder a while back with the "ultimate" shoulder strap.

I put "ultimate" in quotes because it has, in truth, been FAR from ultimate. It has these little rubber-ish dots that are supposed to keep it on the shoulder... but a good portion of the dots have come off of the strap, and the neoprene stretchy material is incredibly slick against most coats or suit jackets.

Has the strap been improved, and if so, can I get mine replaced?

Also, do you guys have any plans for something LARGER than an Empire Builder? I need more space! Something with a bigger front pocket, or better, more area in the zippered section.

The Absolute Shoulder Strap does have a redesigned grippy area -- the dots are gone, and instead there is a smooth grippy material that covers the entire surface of the under part of the strap.

I've sent you a private message regarding a replacement.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Same question

I signed on to ask the same question bradenmcg asked. The Ultimate strap is OK, but the dots do tend to disappear.

Comment

Those dots did tend to disappear. I haven't heard of any problems with the new grippy underside of the strap, though. It works great!
        Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Working...
        X