Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,501   Posts: 187,537   Members: 6,460   Active Members: 325
Welcome to our newest member, knelby.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Zephyr (Smaller Empire Builder?)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Perfect size- not too big. It looks like this is going to be my next purchase. Release well timed as a birthday present to myself.

    Comment


      #17
      I am very interested in the new Zephyr. Will I be able to fit my 4X Horizontal Brain Cell? I have a MacBook Pro 15.4". I assume that this new bag also has a roll-aboard slot on the back? It appears that the Empire Builder is the only bag that has this useful feature.

      Thank you.

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by StanleyNg View Post
        I am very interested in the new Zephyr. Will I be able to fit my 4X Horizontal Brain Cell? I have a MacBook Pro 15.4". I assume that this new bag also has a roll-aboard slot on the back? It appears that the Empire Builder is the only bag that has this useful feature.
        Yes, the Zephyr will fit the Size 4X Brain Cell and thus your 15.4" MBP. It will have the same roll-aboard slot on the back that the Empire Builder does.
        Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

        Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Darcy View Post
          A smaller Brain Bag is on the list of likely upcoming products.
          This is sooo wonderful! Keep us posted on the progress and ask our feedback about color choices.

          Tom Bihn should definitely be on the Made in America show.

          Comment


            #20
            At the risk of sounding like a ultra right-wing nut case, that is the thing
            that attracted me to this site, the ability to buy a bag made in America...
            not an easy thing to do -> find stuff made in the USA.
            Tom Welch > Mesa, Arizona, USA

            Travel Lite & Smart

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by backpack View Post
              This is sooo wonderful! Keep us posted on the progress and ask our feedback about color choices.

              Tom Bihn should definitely be on the Made in America show.
              I thought that they'd decided against that (smaller brain bag) and that this was an older post by Darcy. I hope I'm wrong.

              Meanwhile I'm looking forward to the zephyr.

              Comment


                #22
                Thank you for the quick answer Darcy. I plan to order the Zephyr as soon as it is available. Hopefully it will come in Deep Blue to match my Brain Cell.

                I would be interested in a smaller Brain Bag too if it would fit my MBP.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Tom currently has ideas for two smaller backpacks, one of which is the bag talked about in this thread and the other may be a smaller Brain Bag, or at least a bag very similar to the Brain Bag.
                  Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

                  Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    I''d probably go for either backpack- as long as they don't have a built in notebook section.

                    Any idea what colors the zephyr will have? They should be ready for preorder soon.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      New timeline on the Zephyr: We're waiting on a special part for the Zephyr that will take twelve weeks to arrive because it's being manufactured in the U.S. just for us. Because of that, the Zephyr will most likely ship around early June.

                      It will definitely be available for pre-order well before then, and we'll have pictures of a sample model before then, too.

                      Here are the color combinations we're considering so far. Any thoughts?
                      Black/Black/Steel
                      Black/Black/Olive
                      Black/Steel/Deep Blue
                      Black/Steel/Crimson
                      Black/Steel/Wasabi
                      Black/Steel/Steel
                      Black/Hunter/Steel
                      Black/Crimson/Steel
                      Black/Grape/Wasabi
                      Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

                      Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                        New timeline on the Zephyr: We're waiting on a special part for the Zephyr that will take twelve weeks to arrive because it's being manufactured in the U.S. just for us. Because of that, the Zephyr will most likely ship around early June.

                        It will definitely be available for pre-order well before then, and we'll have pictures of a sample model before then, too.

                        Here are the color combinations we're considering so far. Any thoughts?
                        Black/Black/Steel
                        Black/Black/Olive
                        Black/Steel/Deep Blue
                        Black/Steel/Crimson
                        Black/Steel/Wasabi
                        Black/Steel/Steel
                        Black/Hunter/Steel
                        Black/Crimson/Steel
                        Black/Grape/Wasabi
                        Black/Grape/Wasabi has my vote.

                        Also, how about Black/Crimson/Deep Blue?

                        maverick
                        -m

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Black/Crimson/Steel
                          This is the combination that always confuses me ... if someone likes bright, bold colours enough to have Crimson on the outside, then wouldn't they also want something fun and bright (Wasabi?) on the inside too?

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by Joy View Post
                            This is the combination that always confuses me ... if someone likes bright, bold colours enough to have Crimson on the outside, then wouldn't they also want something fun and bright (Wasabi?) on the inside too?

                            Very true, but what wouldn't clash with Crimson? I always liked Crimson/Wasabi but our seamstresses used to call the Crimson/Wasabi combo "Christmas on Crack". It seemed like it might be too "out there" of a combo for a lot of people.

                            Crimson/Deep Blue was tried in a few bags and wasn't that popular. (It's interesting how subtle shade changes can make color combinations work better. I think Crimson/Navy is very striking, and so far it's very popular among customers.)

                            We haven't tried Crimson/Olive, but that's really Christmas-y.

                            It's tough! I hope someday soon we can introduce short-term or one batch/limited edition colors into the palette. Maybe an orange, a turquoise, a magenta....
                            Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

                            Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Ah, I see. Makes sense. I just like bright colours on the inside of bags.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by Joy View Post
                                Ah, I see. Makes sense. I just like bright colours on the inside of bags.
                                Me too!! And bright colors on the inside of bags do make sense.

                                Are there any particular colors you'd like to see us add as a lining color? I think orange is a color that would actually work really well with a bag with a Crimson exterior.

                                P.S. Did you see that we're making a Soft Cell for your Sony TX series laptop?
                                Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

                                Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X