Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,527   Posts: 187,795   Members: 6,489   Active Members: 305
Welcome to our newest member, diederik.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Zephyr (Smaller Empire Builder?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mruseless
    replied
    Sweet!!

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• bcfshops
    replied
    Looking Good

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
    Here's one just for you! More pictures soon...
    I like the proportions, can't wait to get my hands on one. Thanks for the photos.

-Brandon

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by mruseless View Post
    Only 1 day left in this week, Darcy Where's the pics?
    Still waiting patiently....OK, impatiently for the Zephyr.
    Here's one just for you! More pictures soon...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• mruseless
    replied
    Only 1 day left in this week, Darcy Where's the pics?
    Still waiting patiently....OK, impatiently for the Zephyr.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by topperge View Post
    Any word on if / when the larger version of the Empire Builder will be made? I'm forced to carry two laptops lately but the Brain Bag I already have isn't professional enough for some of the clients I go to. I'm really hoping its still in the mix.
    Which two laptops do you want to carry? Would you carry each in a Brain Cell or Soft Cell?

Figuring out exactly how big the bigger Empire Builder needs to be (and also determining if it's a bag anyone could actually carry) would be the first step in making it happen.

Leave a comment:

• topperge
    replied
    Any word on if / when the larger version of the Empire Builder will be made? I'm forced to carry two laptops lately but the Brain Bag I already have isn't professional enough for some of the clients I go to. I'm really hoping its still in the mix.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Our factory is making two sample Zephyrs as I type. I should have pictures for you sometime next week. It will also probably be available for pre-order by then, too.

Leave a comment:

• Just
    replied
    Thanks Darcy! And hooray!!!

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by Just View Post
    Looks like I'll be teaching in the fall - the Zephyr in black/black/crimson would be a necessity
    Congratulations on the teaching gig, Just!!!

We are making a few Black/Black/Crimson Zephyrs, just for you guys.

Leave a comment:

• Just
    replied
    Looks like I'll be teaching in the fall - the Zephyr in black/black/crimson would be a necessity

I'll be first in line to buy!!! (If I can fight everyone else off, that is!!!)

Leave a comment:

• bcfshops
    replied
    BBO - Zephyr

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
    New timeline on the Zephyr: ...
    Here are the color combinations we're considering so far. Any thoughts?
    Black/Black/Steel

>>>> Black/Black/Olive <<<<

Black/Steel/Deep Blue
    Darcy, thanks for the continued updates on the Zephyr. I've been waiting since last September when I return an ID (I carry by hand more almost exclusively) in expectation of release of the smaller Empire Builder.

I must say that the delay has been beneficial...it is teaching me patience. I look at my Kensington laptop bag with a Brain Cell inserted, slouching in the office, on the bus, etc., etc., and wistfully reflect on the day when it can be retired.

The Black/Black/Olive sounds great. May April bring more than showers...

Leave a comment:

• mruseless
    replied
    Can't wait to see the Zephyr. I bought an Empire Builder last year and really love it. However, I need a slightly smaller bag for those times I can get away with not carrying a laptop. The Zephyr sounds like the right thing.

Leave a comment:

• Sacharissa
    replied
    Here's my vote for the Black/Black/Crimson or Black/Black/Magenta combo...I like that "red underwear under super-spy clothes" analogy!

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    We are experimenting with using cork in bags other than the Archetype or Small Cork Organizer Pouch, but I'm doubtful that it will make it on a Zephyr flap anytime soon. Sorry!

Leave a comment:

• Hadler
    replied
    Darcy,
    I know that I've been longing for a Zephyr with external colors like olive and cocoa... but that the problem's with the fabric type and it's not going to happen. Ah well.
    I agree that more wasabi on the inside would be great. Makes sense for visibility.
    So how about this, then, as my dream combo:
    Black/Cork/Wasabi

I'd happily pay more!

JH

Leave a comment:

Working...
X