Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,527   Posts: 187,795   Members: 6,489   Active Members: 305
Welcome to our newest member, diederik.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Zephyr (Smaller Empire Builder?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sacharissa
    replied
    Originally posted by Darcy
    I have a prototype of the smaller Empire Builder that I will be testing this week. It's a really nice size, and it still has those great file dividers. I'll be using it with my Size 4 Brain Cell and 15" Powerbook. I'll let you know what I think!

Also: The smaller Empire Builder is Tom's top design priority right now, and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw it available in September.
    Sounds SWEET! Must have one!! One request, though...SAGE please! I would love this in Sage! Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Mandrel
    replied
    Sweet...

I recently got my hands on a 14" widescreen Asus W3J, and would love something well- built and protective to carry it, along with other necessities. The Current Empire Builder is tempting, but is a bit of overkill size-wise for me. (I know I'd end up carrying more than I need to all the time) I love the ability to access the main compartment without having to open a large flap. That, along with the dual handle design are what drew me to the Empire Builder.

I've seen some people suggest things like external pockets for water bottles or phones, and that Tom wants to keep a professional appearance to the bag. You could do something along the lines of the "hidden" stowaway mesh pockets for water bottles I've seen on some bags, or additional "add- on" pockets for the strap for phones or Ipods...

Just a couple ideas. I really hope you guys can get something into production soon. I could use a new bag.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    I have a prototype of the smaller Empire Builder that I will be testing this week. It's a really nice size, and it still has those great file dividers. I'll be using it with my Size 4 Brain Cell and 15" Powerbook. I'll let you know what I think!

Also: The smaller Empire Builder is Tom's top design priority right now, and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw it available in September.

Leave a comment:

• Mandrel
    started a topic The Zephyr (Smaller Empire Builder?)

The Zephyr (Smaller Empire Builder?)

I thought I saw a comment about Tom working on the design of a smaller Empire Builder a while back. Any news on this? I'd love to see one, as I'm sure many others would too. Probably something along the lines of a max sized 15" notebook fitting in. I don't think many would mind the thickness of the bag, but the outline can make it rather bulky- looking.
    Keep up the good work.
Working...
X