Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,637   Posts: 189,060   Members: 6,624   Active Members: 294
MartyAuste
Forum Member
Welcome to our newest member, MartyAuste.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strap Tag End - Retainer Bands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BWeaves View Post
    Has anyone tried those black Scunci hairbands as a keeper?

I'll try it tonight and report back.
    Some of the advantages of the Velcro wraps I listed over the Scrunchi hair bands are: (1) size is adjustable by how tightly you wrap (with the Scrunchi hair bands, the loop is already in place, and you have to be able to slip it on and off rather than wrap -- and there is a minimum size) and (2) the flat surface, particularly of the wider format chunky tabs, lies flat on the straps. But I haven't tried those hair bands -- because I'd have to go out and buy them to make the experiment, and didn't think it would be worthwhile after examining the product, so please report back if you have these on hand to test.

moriond

Comment

OK, the Scunci hair bands don't work. They're a bit too loose.

By the way, there's no "R" in Scunci. I know people have called them "scrunchies" for years, but the brand is actually Scunci.

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis View Post
        Backpack strap bands. Easy. "ITW web dominator". Google it and check pics etc. cheap generally too. They used to be sold here. Must be out of stock. But they are only so big. Obviously if the strap is more than a certain size they won't fit properly. Mine will accomodate about 15mm strap width.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have these on my S25 and they are wonderful.
        --------------------------------

Comment

I got the Web Dominators based on a discussion here. I don't love them. They fall off sometimes. The cut-to-fit elastic that came with them just seemed raggedy and unsightly (and kept coming loose) so I replaced them with small elastic hair bands. But I still don't love them, for one because they get caught on things sometimes and (if I recall correctly; they're on a bag I don't use that often) they make it harder to adjust strap length on the fly.

My favorite strap tidying solution is one that I had on a baby carrier (think Ergo - although it was actually a mama-made brand called Calyx, loved that thing!!). Each strap had a loop of wide elastic (say 1" but basically whatever the width of the strap was) sewn onto the end of the strap, perpendicular to the strap orientation. Once you had the strap adjusted to your liking, you just rolled or folded the excess strap up on itself, then flipped the elastic loop over onto the bundle. If you needed to pull out a little more slack, you could pull out a bit and the loop would usually stay intact. It was impossible to lose because it was right on the strap, and it was soft so it didn't catch or snag. At some point I will get around to sewing some onto my TB pack straps.

Originally posted by bltkmt View Post
          I have these on my S25 and they are wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by haraya View Post
            I got the Web Dominators based on a discussion here. I don't love them. They fall off sometimes.
            I use the tri-glides and they're great as I don't really have to adjust my straps much - I've put them on all my bags including the absolute strap and they lock straps down 100%.

These were pics for another purpose, but you can kinda see the 2nd tri-glides keep the straps locked down tight (A45 doesn't have the straps clipped in):

Comment

I find that I need/want to adjust my straps frequently (YMMV, of course): to change the fit of the bag and prevent fatigue during a long carry; to adjust it for a different user; to shorten the straps if I'm carrying my pack on one side only (e.g if I'm carrying lots of bags) - or conversely, to lengthen them if the pack is more loaded than usual/interfering with the strap of another bag and I want it to sit lower. So I tend not to be a "set it and forget it" type of user. Again, just my own personal user pattern, which impacts my strap management strategy.

Comment

I've always used web dominator a without any trouble. I also have some 1"-ish fairly hefty black elastic bands that I like. They're just elastic sewn into a circle.
                List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Comment

I've used triglide (well unnamed stuff) on other bags (which were sold with them on.. usually for shoulder straps) and generally liked it. Keeps stuff at bay and reasonably easy to adjust - doesn't move.
                  I've also used the elastic fabric/bands (which were sold on bags/etc with them on as well.. hint hint ;-) and these never worked well, straps move around specially as the fabric ages.

Ordering a couple of triglides for now, this forum's great!

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy View Post
                    I've used triglide (well unnamed stuff) on other bags (which were sold with them on.. usually for shoulder straps) and generally liked it. Keeps stuff at bay and reasonably easy to adjust - doesn't move.
                    I've also used the elastic fabric/bands (which were sold on bags/etc with them on as well.. hint hint ;-) and these never worked well, straps move around specially as the fabric ages.

Ordering a couple of triglides for now, this forum's great!
                    Just checking back in on this subject. I did install Triglides on my S25 and after three weeks of EDC I can report I am totally satisfied. Nothing moves unless I want it to. No extra straps sticking out to catch on things.

It's a little difficult to un-thread, and re-thread the straps because the folded over ends that prevent the strap from coming loose do their job really well. It is doable with a little patience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X