Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,819   Posts: 191,213   Members: 6,714   Active Members: 268
Welcome to our newest member, adb755.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Tom Bihn Wish List

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by itsablur View Post
    Key straps are made from scraps of cuttings left over from making other bags. Awesome that they are back, but this could just be the last scraps of solar. I wouldn't get my hopes up, especially for larger bags which need a good amount of lining...

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

    Perhaps, those Solar is a recent scrap from a pile of new All-Black/Solar Smart Alec. I'm optimistic. Lol.

    By the way @itsablur, I read from your signature that you posted through Tapatalk with your HTC One M8. If I am not wrong, HTC One M8 is a very new released phone by Verizon (in US Market). Its hardware is exactly similar to the HTC One Android, while its software is the latest Windows Phone 8.1.

    If I am correct, how is it so far?
    Are you a first-timer Windows Phone user?

    Sorry others, for off-topic question.
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
    Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn


    BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

    ~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

    Comment


      I'd love to see the Daylight in 200d Dyneema!
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

      Comment


        @weirdguy - The HTC One M8 was originally released with Android and is the successor to the original HTC One (which has the technical name "M7"). HTC did recently release a Windows Phone variant of the M8 but I think I recall seeing @itsablur using the phone in his various videos which should mean it's the Android version.

        On the phone topic, I've used the M7 since it's launch a little over a year ago and absolutely love it. Highly recommended even considering it's age - which gives me hope that the M8 is an even stronger contender with a year of lessons learned on this design under their belts.

        I've dabbled with Windows Phone but I really missed all the customization available on Android (if you're willing to put in the work to do it). That combined with the fact on how difficult it can be to switch between phone ecosystems (iOS, Android, Windows) as one is generally quite invested in the proprietary apps for their platform. The convenience of being able to flawlessly manipulate office files on my phone wasn't enough to sway me away from Google.
        Synapse25 | Pilot | Aeronaut 45 | CoPilot | Large DOP | SideEffect | 3D Organizer Cubes | Q-Kit | #1 & #2 Stuff Sacks

        Comment


          Originally posted by weirdguy View Post
          By the way @itsablur, I read from your signature that you posted through Tapatalk with your HTC One M8. If I am not wrong, HTC One M8 is a very new released phone by Verizon (in US Market). Its hardware is exactly similar to the HTC One Android, while its software is the latest Windows Phone 8.1.
          Originally posted by Ineffable View Post
          @weirdguy - The HTC One M8 was originally released with Android and is the successor to the original HTC One (which has the technical name "M7"). HTC did recently release a Windows Phone variant of the M8 but I think I recall seeing @itsablur using the phone in his various videos which should mean it's the Android version
          Correct, I'm using the Android M8. I really thought they would call the Windows Phone variant the W8, just to avoid some confusion, but this is coming from the company who called the second HTC One the HTC One, so... yeah.

          Like @Ineffable, I love the customization of Android, which is why I choose it every time over iPhone, Windows Phone, and BlackBerry (who I used to work for). Operating system choice aside, I love the hardware of the M8. Speakers are fantastic (every manufacturer needs to switch to front facing speakers now), screen is vibrant and crisp, the body design and build is gorgeous (right up there with the iPhone), and to me, a bonafide camera guy, the camera is pretty nice for my social media needs. If this is going to be your only camera, then maybe you want the flexibility of a higher megapixel count found in another device, but for me, it's great. With good lighting, the colours are fantastic.

          I've used WP7 briefly in the past; it was ok, but clearly hampered by the immaturity of the platform. I'm sure WP8 and 8.1 have fixed a lot of those foibles, but I like Windows where I like Windows: on a computer. I don't think the two environments are unified and mature enough between WP8.1 and full blown W8.1 for me to fully buy into the complete ecosystem (nor do I think I'd want to). Similarly I don't want to put all my eggs in the Apple basket, or the Google basket (though I'm probably closest to that as I do own a Chromebook, but it can not take over as my do everything computer).

          And just to bring this nerd-talk back on topic...
          • My HTC One M8 fits perfectly in the clear front pocket of a small DOP
          • My Samsung Chromebook Series 3 fits into a Co-Pilot's main compartment with ease, and should fit an MBA 11 Cache
          Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

          Want: EVERYTHING.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Janine View Post
            I'd love to see the Daylight in 200d Dyneema!
            Agreed. I love my 200D Synapse 19 dearly, and it's tough, more than withstanding the abuse I threw at it for 2+ years as my EDC (though now I'm using my DLBP most often because I am a sucker for new things). I think a 200D Steel Dyneema DLBP would be quite handsome—and, if Parapack was used inside per the current Cordura offerings, Navy would look badass.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Badger View Post
              Agreed. I love my 200D Synapse 19 dearly, and it's tough, more than withstanding the abuse I threw at it for 2+ years as my EDC (though now I'm using my DLBP most often because I am a sucker for new things). I think a 200D Steel Dyneema DLBP would be quite handsome—and, if Parapack was used inside per the current Cordura offerings, Navy would look badass.
              Great. Now I covet a bag that doesn't exist. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH.

              (+eleventybillion on Steel Dyneema/Navy Parapack)
              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

              Comment


                And since we are wishing here...a Navy Cordura/UV Daylight would make me the happiest girl in the world!
                -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

                Comment


                  I would love a Side Effect in forest. A Copilot, too, if I'm being greedy.

                  Comment


                    I would love to see Aubergine paired with something (anything?) other than Wasabi as an interior color. Purple is one of my favorite colors, but why does it always have to go with green? Purple and gray, purple and red, purple and black, purple and... everything!

                    Comment


                      I have often thought I'd love a small, structured tote or clutch that goes just on the shoulder. Like a Mini Shop Bag, but with just a touch of sass. Could be a tiny duffle shape, or a hobo, or a teeny Swift, in Dyneema or Parapack (for lightness and a bit of sheen). Would qualify as a travel bag, because sometimes you just need a tiny bag with the essentials. Say, for dinner out after that conference where you wowed 'em with your presentation. Or for that weekend getaway - packs down to nothing in your One!Bag, but looks stylish with your Villa Dress after you've checked into your hotel. Because everyone loves O-ring organization, and not just for the airport.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by haraya View Post
                        I have often thought I'd love a small, structured tote or clutch that goes just on the shoulder. Like a Mini Shop Bag, but with just a touch of sass. Could be a tiny duffle shape, or a hobo, or a teeny Swift, in Dyneema or Parapack (for lightness and a bit of sheen). Would qualify as a travel bag, because sometimes you just need a tiny bag with the essentials. Say, for dinner out after that conference where you wowed 'em with your presentation. Or for that weekend getaway - packs down to nothing in your One!Bag, but looks stylish with your Villa Dress after you've checked into your hotel. Because everyone loves O-ring organization, and not just for the airport.
                        Yes! Yes! Yes!

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Abby View Post
                          Purple is one of my favorite colors, but why does it always have to go with green?
                          I second this! I'd love a plum/steel cafe bag... while the olive interior on mine is nice enough, the purple/gray combo would be so much classier!
                          kindness is contagious.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Abby View Post
                            I would love to see Aubergine paired with something (anything?) other than Wasabi as an interior color. Purple is one of my favorite colors, but why does it always have to go with green? Purple and gray, purple and red, purple and black, purple and... everything!
                            My thoughts exactly! I would buy everything purple if it wasn't for all the wasabi/olive linings
                            Self-declared Captain of Team AUBERSKY

                            Hoping for a return of Hunter and Sage...

                            Comment


                              Okay, here's one more for the wish-list. Ultrasuede bags! Like a Swift or LS. Thick ultrasuede is so luxurious. Pretty please?

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Rocks View Post
                                I would love a Side Effect in forest. A Copilot, too, if I'm being greedy.
                                of what dreams are made....
                                never skate faster than your guardian angel can fly....black and gold til I'm dead and cold....
                                be nice - until it's time to not be nice.......what separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X