Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,777   Posts: 190,676   Members: 6,660   Active Members: 268
Welcome to our newest member, lesleypelka.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Tom Bihn Wish List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Others have probably mentioned something like this, but I would love to see TB create a large travel wallet, something that could be a cross between a travel wallet like this one and the SE. I love my SE, but could see cherishing it even more with some added credit card slots, dividers, and places for all the necessary travel documents already built in. Pouches like the small DOP work, too, but I just thought I'd throw this out there anyway, to see what everyone else thinks. (And if it could be RFID-blocking, too, like the current Passport Holder, that would be incredible, too!)
    "A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions." — Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Comment

I'd really like a way to get notifications of new color availability.

If I could sign up for "Notify me any time something's available in Aubergine/Ultraviolet", for example, it would save me like 5 minutes a day which I currently spend checking for it.
      Does it come in purple?

Comment

I am new around here, so I don't really know when/if particular colors or fabrics have been utilized in different products. That being said, I would love to see a Side Effect in parapack, using steel, black or other neutral color. I have a similarly sized bag that I call my "disco purse" that I carry alone when I need just the essentials and stuff into another bag as EDC.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiviander View Post
          I am new around here, so I don't really know when/if particular colors or fabrics have been utilized in different products. That being said, I would love to see a Side Effect in parapack, using steel, black or other neutral color. I have a similarly sized bag that I call my "disco purse" that I carry alone when I need just the essentials and stuff into another bag as EDC.
          @Tivlander We're waiting for a refresh on the Side Effect color/fabric combination offerings. They have had both Parapack and Dyneema SE combinations in the past, and in fact, I ordered a Steel Parapack/UV Side Effect just about a month ago. It's only the current combinations (reflecting the items that remain from the last large production batch) that are only Ballistic Nylon Combinations.

You can take a look at the pictures in @kkintea's thread Love at first sight -- Steel parapack side effect to see what a Steel Parapack SE with a Steel lining looks like. I believe @kkintea considers this her favorite Side Effect in terms of color and fabric (she's a Steel enthusiast). To see more of her excellent pictures of Steel Side Effect option, look at her posts (#58 and #59) in the New side effect color pairngs thread. I should point out that the current batch of Ballisic Nylon Steel looks a bit 'bluer'.

HTH moriond

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post
            @Tivlander You can take a look at the pictures in @kkintea's thread Love at first sight -- Steel parapack side effect to see what a Steel Parapack SE with a Steel lining looks like. I believe @kkintea considers this her favorite Side Effect in terms of color and fabric (she's a Steel enthusiast). To see more of her excellent pictures of Steel Side Effect option, look at her posts (#58 and #59) in the New side effect color pairngs thread. I should point out that the current batch of Ballisic Nylon Steel looks a bit 'bluer'.

HTH moriond
            Yes, the steel parapack/steel is my current favorite. But.... there's a 400d steel dyneema/solar on its way (swapped for my steel dyneema/wasabi). I am super-TBAS-excited, and I'll report back upon arrival :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Comment

Originally posted by kkintea View Post
              Yes, the steel parapack/steel is my current favorite. But.... there's a 400d steel dyneema/solar on its way (swapped for my steel dyneema/wasabi). I am super-TBAS-excited, and I'll report back upon arrival :-)
              @kkintea Wow! I'm so happy you're getting a 400d Steel Dyneema/Solar Side Effect. The 400d Steel Dyneema is amazing, and a must for a Steel enthusiast like yourself. I was really shocked to discover that you didn't already have a Side Effect in 400d Steel Dyneema. I think you'll love it, and I'm eagerly awaiting pictures of same.

moriond

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post
                @Tivlander We're waiting for a refresh on the Side Effect color/fabric combination offerings. They have had both Parapack and Dyneema SE combinations in the past, and in fact, I ordered a Steel Parapack/UV Side Effect just about a month ago. It's only the current combinations (reflecting the items that remain from the last large production batch) that are only Ballistic Nylon Combinations.
                Yeah, I have to say that I've only recently discovered how flexible the SE is despite owning 3 of them. I use my ballistic one for holding flat, bulky things so that they stay flat. Yesterday I discovered that most of my lunchtime essentials (tissues, student ID, wallet, coin purse, pill box, etc.) fit perfectly into a SE (this one is parapack; it's also my very first TB purchase) and have decided to use that when using the Ego as my main school bag. And, I only just realised that while my laptop power brick doesn't fit into a fabric cube or mesh cub, it magically fits into a dyneema SE along with my ginormous wire mouse. I have since consolidated my Q-Kit's contents (earbuds, thumb drive, ipod touch) into a clear organiser wallet that also goes into my SE. It has basically replaced my snake charmer, which I think will only be used when I have to carry my partner's power brick and mine.

The point of this ramble being-- yes, more SEs in different fabrics, please! They can be used for a lot of different things due to the variety of fabrics they're available in and their 'just right' size. Also, the O-ring spam inside the SE allows it to be used to organise a lot of stuff.

(As a side note, I'd love to see an Aubergine/Iberian one. Love my pocket pouch in that combo...

ETA: And black parapack and Aubergine/Steel!! And Kiwi/Steel or Kiwi/UV.... <3)
                Last edited by adalangdon; 09-13-2014, 11:27 PM.

Comment

I really want a Cocoa comeback to the synapse 25. Especially Cocoa/Wasabi which is such a great color combo!
                  Please bring it back!

Thanks

Comment

I desperately, desperately want some more color combos for the Pilot. Aubergine/Wasabi would be my first choice by far. Olive/Wasabi or something similar would also be great.

I've been holding off on a purchase for this reason, and it is KILLING me here.
                    ISO: Pilot or *maybe* a Co-Pilot in Ballistic; possibly a Swift; more Yarn Stuff Sacks!
                    Own: a few SCB, MCB, and LCB, Imago, Side Effect, Yarn Stuff Sacks (but never enough of them!)

Comment

Originally posted by hepkitten View Post
                      I desperately, desperately want some more color combos for the Pilot. Aubergine/Wasabi would be my first choice by far.
                      I wanted an Aubergine/Wasabi Pilot, but settled for a Forest/Steel one rather than get stuck with boring black and navy through waiting. I made up for it, though, by pouncing on the Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot as soon as it was available!
                      Collections:
                      Work EDC: SE + S19
                      Leisure: SCBs, FJN, Swift, lots of YSSs
                      Travel: WF + Pilot or SA, with SE/SCB
                      General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
                      Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
                      Hoping for: A new dyneema colour for YSSs; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

Comment

I wonder if we should figure out how many of us would buy the Pilot in Aubergine/Wasabi if it were offered, and communicate that to Tom Bihn? Just an idea. It doesn't seem like those colors are in short supply, so maybe they just don't see the demand.
                        ----
                        All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
                        Edmund Burke

Comment

I only rediscovered Tom Bihn after Solar had been retired…I would love a Co-Pilot in Steel/Solar!

Comment

Originally posted by bchaplin View Post
                            I wonder if we should figure out how many of us would buy the Pilot in Aubergine/Wasabi if it were offered, and communicate that to Tom Bihn? Just an idea. It doesn't seem like those colors are in short supply, so maybe they just don't see the demand.
                            I wonder how many Aubergine lovers are hesitating to buy any Aubergine bags because they don't really care for Wasabi? It may just be me but I've been holding out in the hopes that the Pilot, A30/A45, Swifts, and others will magically appear in Aubergine/UV or Aubergine/Steel.
                            Self-declared Captain of Team AUBERSKY

Hoping for a return of Hunter and Sage...

Comment

Originally posted by jess View Post
                              I wonder how many Aubergine lovers are hesitating to buy any Aubergine bags because they don't really care for Wasabi? It may just be me but I've been holding out in the hopes that the Pilot, A30/A45, Swifts, and others will magically appear in Aubergine/UV or Aubergine/Steel.
                              I'm an "Aubergine neutral" who's hoping to see Aubergine/Steel for lots of things! (SE, Swift, LS, SA!)

(ETA... oh, and um, an Ego stripe? In Aubergine, I mean)

Originally posted by bchaplin View Post
                              Yeah, IIRC there has been a lot of Aubergine/Wasabi love in the past few months so maybe that gave them the impression that Aubersabi is the best way forward. Just saying it's not the only way
                              Last edited by adalangdon; 09-15-2014, 04:23 AM.

Comment

I'm with you! Love aubergine, don't mind wasabi per se but I really don't like purple and green together. Aubergine and uv, aubergine and steel... Aubergine and Iberian! I would swoon.

Comment

Working...
                                X