Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,955   Posts: 193,130   Members: 6,830   Active Members: 286
Welcome to our newest member, marcopolo123.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Tom Bihn Wish List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had an Aubergine/Steel Tri-Star delivered today. I asked TB on the off chance they had one laying around in a corner of the shop/factory, and they wrote back saying they did, ... I couldn't believe my luck. I have the Cardinal/Steel color combo, .... the Aubergine/Steel is for my wife to go with her Aubergine Swift.
    Tri-Star: Cardinal/Steel, Tri-Star: Aubergine/Steel, MCB: Olive/Steel, Ristretto 11": Olive/Cayenne, Swift (L): Aubergine/Wasabi, LCB: Steel/Cayenne, ID: Black/Cayenne

Comment

Originally posted by bchaplin View Post
      I wonder if we should figure out how many of us would buy the Pilot in Aubergine/Wasabi if it were offered, and communicate that to Tom Bihn? Just an idea. It doesn't seem like those colors are in short supply, so maybe they just don't see the demand.
      I bought a Navy/Solar Pilot just to have something to carry my Laptop and Work-Papers but I am waiting for an Aubergine Pilot. If it ever comes true the Navy Pilot will find a new home. The interieur to that Pilot could be (in my opinion) eigther wasabi, steel or ultraviolet. In my opinion the Swifts are the bags where the interior is most important. With all the other bags I can live with most interior colors.

So: supporting the Idea of an Aubergine Pilot here!
      “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

Okay, just one more from me. S25 in Black/UV please? Someday? Because I can't carry my French Blue, etc. cafe bags with my B/O S25, hehe. And I know the Black/UV S19 was a hit!

Comment

Originally posted by kinghorne View Post
          I had an Aubergine/Steel Tri-Star delivered today. I asked TB on the off chance they had one laying around in a corner of the shop/factory, and they wrote back saying they did, ... I couldn't believe my luck. I have the Cardinal/Steel color combo, .... the Aubergine/Steel is for my wife to go with her Aubergine Swift.
          Wow! That's a great find
          Self-declared Captain of Team AUBERSKY

Hoping for a return of Hunter and Sage...

Comment

Originally posted by jess View Post
            I wonder how many Aubergine lovers are hesitating to buy any Aubergine bags because they don't really care for Wasabi? It may just be me but I've been holding out in the hopes that the Pilot, A30/A45, Swifts, and others will magically appear in Aubergine/UV or Aubergine/Steel.
            Yes. This. I love Aubergine with Ultraviolet, but I'm ready to sell everything I have in Aubergine/Wasabi. Growing to hate the color, unfortunately.
            Does it come in purple?

Comment

I wonder how many Aubergine lovers are hesitating to buy any Aubergine bags because they don't really care for Wasabi? It may just be me but I've been holding out in the hopes that the Pilot, A30/A45, Swifts, and others will magically appear in Aubergine/UV or Aubergine/Steel.
              Count me on that list. I love Aubergine, but I'm not a fan of Wasabi and wouldn't want to stare at it every time I used the bag. Pair it with a nice UV or steel instead and I'm all over that.
              Rambling On. . . . .

Comment

I kind of wish tom bihn would make sleeping bag/mat for humans. Skookum has the camp mat for dogs and I thought camping sleeping bag/mat for us would be nice addition. I do a lot of non profit volunteer work and quite often I have to sleep in sleeping bag, and I've been looking to renew sleeping bag I had over years.

Comment

Originally posted by Meglet View Post
                  Count me on that list. I love Aubergine, but I'm not a fan of Wasabi and wouldn't want to stare at it every time I used the bag. Pair it with a nice UV or steel instead and I'm all over that.
                  Ristretto has a steel lining with Aubergine, and it looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiviander View Post
                    I am new around here, so I don't really know when/if particular colors or fabrics have been utilized in different products. That being said, I would love to see a Side Effect in parapack, using steel, black or other neutral color. I have a similarly sized bag that I call my "disco purse" that I carry alone when I need just the essentials and stuff into another bag as EDC.
                    Disco purse! I love it!

They did make a batch of SEs in Parapack. I hope a second round is on the schedule so that you can get one!
                    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Comment

I'm hoping to see the Little Swift back soon, in interesting but not overly gaudy colour combinations (i.e. ballistic rather than the new corduras). Forest/Steel would be a particularly nice one, though I'd settle for Black/Wasabi

(I have the Aubergine/Wasabi Swift, and would rather have an LS in a different colour so I don't pick up the wrong one by mistake!)
                      Collections:
                      Work EDC: SE + S19
                      Leisure: SCBs, FJN, Swift, lots of YSSs
                      Travel: WF + Pilot or SA, with SE/SCB
                      General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
                      Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
                      Hoping for: A new dyneema colour for YSSs; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

Comment

This is more of a general wish: I wish that waist straps would be sold as an add-on, instead of being standard on every backpack/messenger bag. I never use them and now have a big tangle of them in a ziploc bag. They're $10 as an optional accessory. I'd so much rather pay $10 less for the bag and have the choice of whether or not to get a waist strap.

Comment

Modification & echo of similar stated wishes:

I have really grown to love my S25....it excels as a day pack and my work pack. Where it falters (for me) in these usages is anytime I carry a heavier load and/or carry hard, edged or odd shaped items (which is as it turns out almost regularly).

It needs an internal frame sheet (something akin to Guide's Pack) to make it truly comfortable (for me). The S25 is so light (parapack) (especially in comparison to other USA made packs this size)...I wouldn't mind the trade off...little more weight for a little more structure & support.

I also wouldn't mind if it was a touch bigger.

Standing by...

" T "
                          S4 i337m MK6 4.3 Rooted TWRP'd & Stock

Comment

I have been waiting for an Aubergine/UV Swift, I could be persuaded to get a Little Swift in that color for more formal, they would both match the Aubergine/UV I was able to snatch in advance of getting the said Swifts.

Acquiring TB items is just like playing chess, one has to pre-calculate purchases moves.

Comment

iPhone 6 is wider and longer

just a quick add to the wish list:

The iPhone 6 is both wider and longer than previous models. I saw a post mentioning that the 6 just fit in the Synapse phone pocket as-is. Please consider adjusting the phone pocket to accommodate the 6 while wearing a lightweight case.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by torrential View Post
                                just a quick add to the wish list:

The iPhone 6 is both wider and longer than previous models. I saw a post mentioning that the 6 just fit in the Synapse phone pocket as-is. Please consider adjusting the phone pocket to accommodate the 6 while wearing a lightweight case.

Thanks!
                                Pretty sure my post is what you're referring to - I should mention my 6 is in a (thin) case, and the phone pocket would likely stretch to accommodate most iPhone 6 cases except maybe an Otterbox. A 6+ definitely would not fit, though, so if there's a way to adjust that pocket for a little more space, that would be great!
                                Rambling On. . . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X