Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,818   Posts: 191,201   Members: 6,712   Active Members: 264
Welcome to our newest member, peanutbuttersoup.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Tom Bihn Wish List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been waiting for an Aubergine/UV Swift, I could be persuaded to get a Little Swift in that color for more formal *Occasions they would both match the Aubergine/UV *SE I was able to snatch in advance of getting the said Swifts.

Little Swifs are cute diminutive bags, a category I have to be careful with. I have SEs in multiple colors and the Co-Pilot qualifies due to my girth/height ratio (which has been the subject of many French people snear). I can wait to show off my dimimutive TB bags, revenge is sweet.

Acquiring TB items is just like playing chess, one has to pre-calculate purchases moves.

Edited post from above with words following * so that the phrase make sense (posted really early in the morning after a, not that restful, sleep)

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
      I have a very modest wish, which is for a padded or Ultrasuede pouch that is sized for the Kindle Paperwhite. I have mine in a clear OP at the moment and it's fine, but I do wish for a bit more protection and a bit less floppiness.
      Mentioned this here, but may as well post it in this thread as well: I'd like this also, but for the snazzy new Kindle Voyage.

I'd also love to see the luggage tags make a comeback!
      Last edited by acilento; 09-26-2014, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by acilento View Post
        I'd also love to see the luggage tags make a comeback!
        Me Too!!!!
        Aeronaut 45 & Night Flight TD - Aubergine / Wasabi
        Small Cafe Bag - Burnt Orange

Comment

Using the FJN with the LSB, my current travel with car to do errand EDC is fine.

But, the FJN is too big to fit in the SCB and makes the S19, too heavy to carry in with the iPad Mini in a Cache, paperwork in an LP , sweater, wind breaker and drink for my public transport errands.

Being without a note taking implement is not good. Carrying a Rhodia notepad, I am without a calendar, with a calendar, I don't have loose paper for notes.

A cover that would be like the pocket under the pen pocket area of the FJN on both size which would secure a lightweight notetaking device containing a little two of the FJN Leaves, a couple of calendar pages, a couple of note taking pages kept together by small rings or ribbons.
          Or better yet, a single version of the Double Carabiner, which is lighter than a steel mechanism.
          The ideal closure would be a zipper.

I would also like a pen case made the same way as the pen slot area of the FJN but the slots pointing up, I had near miss inverted slots when I forgot to put on the strap before opening the FJN. The number of pen slots in the FJN is ideal, folding it in half, placing a double layer of Ultrasuede cloth in the middle to protect fine pens, it would also close with a zipper.
          I can see it so clearly, I really wish I could sew.

I love my FJNs, one for journaling (great fountain pen friendly paper, endlessly refillable, fit nicely and securely because of the strap), fits nicely with my journaling things in a matching Swift.

I have decided to dedicate the second, in Steel Parapack, for watercolor done with pencils.
          I got the idea to do this when I received my SEs one is matching the Steel Parapack FJN, I had just seen Dan doing his watercolors in the FJN.

Not long after that, I went to the LAS (Local Art Store), same as LYS but for art supplies and found watercolor pencils.

So I am in no way dissing the FJN and I think that its electronic containing sibling is going to be great.
          Last edited by backpack; 09-28-2014, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Addendum and spelling correction.

The Light Notetaker, would have a cover that would be like the pocket under the pen pocket area of the FJN on both size which would secure a lightweight notetaking device containing a notebook, or, a spiral calendar or one of two of the FJN Leaves, which would include a couple of punched calendar, note taking pages, plastic page protectors or/and sketching paper kept together by small rings or ribbons.
            Or better yet, a single version of the Double Carabiner, which is lighter than a steel mechanism.
            The ideal closure would be a zipper.

The idea was inspired by the Double Pouch and need to rebuild muscle mass.

All my EDC are in Dyneema and it is wonderful to have bags that litteraly weight nothing as in the case of the SCB filled with stuff housed in Dyneema accessory or very little when filled with Dyneema accessory, lightweight garments and little milk containers.
            Last edited by backpack; 09-28-2014, 01:20 PM.

Comment

I wonder how well the parapack Swifts and LSes have been received, seeing how there are still Olive and Navy pp ones left. But I found myself wishing like crazy for a black pp Swift/LS when I took out my black (ballistic) Swift and LS. It would be the ultimate court bag for me-- black and shiny like satin, and made by TB!

Black pp needs more publicity Everyone has praised or complained about the other colours at some point, but black doesn't get mentioned like ever.

Comment

I'll go ahead and add the newer style of Aeronaut 45 in Coyote and Steel to my wish list while I'm here.

Comment

Since this thread has fulfilled my wish for a foldable daypack in the DLBP, I'm going to try again.

I wish a zipper or a drawstring closure on the shop bag so that things won't spill out or get picked out on the way home.

Comment

I know I will be the nth person to request this, but I would really like more colors for the Side Effect. I am holding out on the purchase in hopes of more Dyneema so that I can put my future Kindle Voyage inside of it! I would also like a way to sign up for notifications on colors or something. I spend way too much time on this website just checking and rechecking to see if maybe, just maybe, a new color came in at some ungodly hour of the day (I know, I'm crazy).

Comment

Originally posted by mreh View Post
                      I would also like a way to sign up for notifications on colors or something. I spend way too much time on this website just checking and rechecking to see if maybe, just maybe, a new color came in at some ungodly hour of the day (I know, I'm crazy).
                      Have you tried the "Back in Stock" page? Hannah updates it daily, but more towards the end of the day I think. That has notifications of new colour and fabric combos.

Comment

Originally posted by adalangdon View Post
                        Have you tried the "Back in Stock" page? Hannah updates it daily, but more towards the end of the day I think. That has notifications of new colour and fabric combos.
                        I do! Quite often, I am afraid. But I still check the site wishfully thinking something will appear.

Comment

Aeronaut 45 and Aeronaut 30 end pocket all fabric packing cube options in Ultraviolet and Iberian.

Comment

When I asked yesterday about the possibility of seeing more parapack SEs, Swifts, or Cafe Bags (parapack exterior), I got a pretty speculative answer-- "probably not, but never say never!". The 'vintage look' bags, certain bag linings, Brain Cells, and Freudian Slips (I had no idea- thought those were just 500d cordura?!) are sucking up the material. Just FYI so that people can adjust their expectations accordingly I'm glad that I recently grabbed both types of parapack Swifts, then.

Comment

Freudian Slips are available in Parapack?! Had no idea too!
                              I wonder if it's for the exterior or the lining.
                              The Freudian Slips have a 200d Dyneema lining, and I thought that only Steel was used, found out recently that there are Iberian versions too, so I guess other colors exist too?
                              Does TB still stock 500d Cordura? In various colors? Would be nice to see Freudian Slips in Steel, Sapphire, Cayenne, etc, no?

Comment

Originally posted by icebeng View Post
                                Freudian Slips are available in Parapack?! Had no idea too!
                                I wonder if it's for the exterior or the lining.
                                The Freudian Slips have a 200d Dyneema lining, and I thought that only Steel was used, found out recently that there are Iberian versions too, so I guess other colors exist too?
                                Does TB still stock 500d Cordura? In various colors? Would be nice to see Freudian Slips in Steel, Sapphire, Cayenne, etc, no?
                                From what little I know, Sapphire and Cayenne have been d/ced. So has Crimson. But we get them for pouches because fabric scraps are still hanging around the factory, or something like that. Steel is still hanging around; the last run of Egos had a Steel 500 lining, but I am wondering if that will change to a different material with the next batch. I don't remember if they d/ced Olive 500d-- I don't think so, since I think there were Plum/Olive MCBs in earlier runs this year with Cordura lining, but I have no idea what it's being used for now. Wasabi 500 is of course alive and kicking, cf. the Wasabi DLBP "prototypes" that were handed out at the WDC a few months ago.

If FSes now had black pp exteriors, that would be lovely. (But I'm sticking to using a light plastic folder inside a large OP for holding documents and writing paper. That set up goes into anything from a LCB to a Swift to a S19.)
                                Last edited by adalangdon; 10-14-2014, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X