Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,815   Posts: 191,185   Members: 6,708   Active Members: 262
Welcome to our newest member, rsperko.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New Pilot Available for Pre-order in January 2014!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Nordic Pilot and accessories are due to arrive on Tuesday. Very excited to try this fabric!
    Bags: Western Flyer, Pilot, Brain Bag, Medium Café Bag

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	nordicsolarpilot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	291480

A preview of the Pilot in Nordic/Solar...
      Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]5411[/ATTACH]

A preview of the Pilot in Nordic/Solar...
        just beautiful, darcy!
        -m

Comment

A couple more…

Name:	nordicforums2.jpg
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	291481

Name:	nordicforums3.jpg
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	291482
          Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

I can hardly wait! My Nordic Pilot is scheduled to arrive on Monday!

Comment

The Nordic is pretty nice... If my navy/solar won't arrive before 2/9, I wonder if I should change to the Nordic. I think I still prefer the navy, but having it for this trip might be nice..... TBCrew: thoughts?
              Last edited by jmoz; 01-29-2014, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mausermama View Post
                I can hardly wait! My Nordic Pilot is scheduled to arrive on Monday!
                Yay! In time for your trip right? Mine arrives Monday too along with the Nordic SE. Thank you TB crew for getting these out so quickly!

Comment

Originally posted by RDR3 View Post
                  Yay! In time for your trip right? Mine arrives Monday too along with the Nordic SE. Thank you TB crew for getting these out so quickly!
                  Yes! My flight out is early on Wednesday. I'm very much looking forward to receiving the bag! I think it's going to work really well! I was over drooling over the photos Darcy posted on the forums earlier. They are gorgeous!

Comment

I do like the inverted zipper. I hope my backordered Co-Pilot comes with the inverted zipper

Comment

Sigh. I love the Nordic color as shown on Darcy's Pilot photos, and as shown on the TB website of other Nordic bags. However, the two times that I ordered Nordic (Synapse 19 and Shop Bag), I ended up returning them because the color in actuality appears so much darker -- almost navy to my eyes. Anyone else have this problem? Maybe I need my eyes checked...
                      "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
                      -- David Whyte

Comment

A couple more…

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5412[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5413[/ATTACH]
                        Looks like my Navy/solar Aeronaut might need a companion. Now to decide if it should be Navy/Solar or Nordic/Solar....

Comment

Originally posted by taminca View Post
                          Sigh. I love the Nordic color as shown on Darcy's Pilot photos, and as shown on the TB website of other Nordic bags. However, the two times that I ordered Nordic (Synapse 19 and Shop Bag), I ended up returning them because the color in actuality appears so much darker -- almost navy to my eyes. Anyone else have this problem? Maybe I need my eyes checked...
                          I think the color in Darcy's first (closeup) picture of the Pilot is pretty accurate. There is a midnight cast to the Nordic blue that makes it go well with Navy, and which also makes the contrasting Solar interior work very well with this 400d Dyneema fabric.

@Darcy I actually phoned in earlier today to add some clear organizer wallets (in both 400d Black and Nordic Dyneema) to my order, and decided to ask them to also ship the Pilot in Nordic Dyneema/Solar with the order. I still think that I'll probably end up keeping the 400D Black/Wasabi Pilot combination of my original Pilot order, and returning the Nordic/Solar version, but this color combination is so gorgeous that I'd like to see it in person. Also, I made the phone call addition before Darcy posted these pictures.

Comment

I didn't think (past tenset) that I would really like Nordic/Solar and I don't seem to need a Pilot, but the pictures make me want to order one anyway!! Gorgeous!

Comment

A couple more…

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5412[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5413[/ATTACH]
                              Aaaahhhh. Thanks for posting those Darcy! Now Friday cannot come fast enough! I also ordered the Nordic/Solar Side Effect too along with some solar smaller travel sacs. It is truly a pretty site. Along in this shipment I am giving 3 gifts of Tom's creations. Now friends and family may begin to understand my addiction problem! Some of them know about my "problem"! 😊 (part of which was typing "Tim" and not Tom-fixed!)
                              Last edited by Anniegill; 01-30-2014, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Me, too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                                The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Comment

Working...
                                X