Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,953   Posts: 193,096   Members: 6,829   Active Members: 288
Welcome to our newest member, JuniorCyclist.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New Pilot Available for Pre-order in January 2014!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG!!!!

It's killing me, I tell you.

You guys are so good at teasing us, I swear.

Comment

Pilot will hopefully will be just a bit bigger that the little brother!! Nordic/Solar and my dreams will come true!!!

Comment

Because it will have its own packing cubes, I'm thinking it will be a lot bigger than a little bigger. Maybe this is the Aeronaut Jr. with CoPilot features.
        The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Comment

Breathing deeply.....exhaling slowly........
          The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Comment

my son tells me he had a dream of a tom bihn lego mini figure, and he was holding a bag he did not recognize - we concluded it was the new pilot, and it looked absolutely fantastic!

darcy, are you also announcing the tom bihn lego mini figure on tuesday/wednesday next week???
            -m

Comment

maverick, your post is forcing my serious nerdery to show. My version of a Tom Bihn minifigure ...

Comment

Originally posted by tCook View Post
                maverick, your post is forcing my serious nerdery to show. My version of a Tom Bihn minifigure ...
                tCook, i absolutely love it! i can't wait for my son to wake up so i can show this to him - he's going to be thrilled!
                -m

Comment

I won't admit to how much fun that was, nor will I admit to how easy it was to pull together because of my many options.

Comment

I couldn't wait... I had to place my order for 2 Caches right away. Hubby's off on a trip soon and I don't want his new iPad to get squashed in his Aeronaut.

But I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for the new addition to the Tom Bihn family!

Comment

Originally posted by monkeylady View Post
                      Because it will have its own packing cubes, I'm thinking it will be a lot bigger than a little bigger. Maybe this is the Aeronaut Jr. with CoPilot features.
                      The Co-Pilot has its own packing cubes too, sort of, the 3D Pouches fit perfectly in its outer pockets.

Because we know that the Pilot will be larger, its front pocket will be larger but maybe not wide enough to fit a Side Effect but a Side Effect sized 3D Pouches.

The upsize might be designed in the same manner as the Synapse 25 from 19, in the 19, the 3D Pouch fits in the lower pocket but the 25 was upgraded to fit the Side Effect or the Snake Charmer in the same space.

Forum members have been clamoring for Freudian Slips of all sizes, so the new packing cubes might be a bunch of organizational pockets, Smart Alec style.

Comment

Update! We're looking at Wednesday mid-morning/afternoon for the debut...
                        Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                          Darcy,

Hmmm,
                          In the spirit of forecasts,
                          When would u expect the new Pilot to be ready for shipment?
                          ;-)
                          Last edited by Trailhiker; 01-06-2014, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                            What? That's THURSDAY here in Australia! Two more sleeps.....

Comment

Is there someone in The Netherlands who wants to order the new Pilot. I would love to share shipping costs! (and maybe start a dutch fanclub?)

Comment

Wednesday??? Bad news is I am scheduled to be flying then....good news is I am headed to Seattle...maybe I will have a chance to actually see the new bag in person. That would be awesome!!! Any chance I might be able to bring one back with me? :-)
                                Lots of assorted purples, some blues, and a bit of black: 2S19, 5SE, 2WF, MCB, SCB, Imago, 2S, LS, TT, K, 2QC, 5 3D, 4WFSBPC, 2WFBPPC, FJNB, 4Wallets, 4LSB, 2SSB, DLBP, Pilot, Assorted sacks, packing cubes, organizer pouches, key straps :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X