Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,525   Posts: 187,789   Members: 6,487   Active Members: 306
Welcome to our newest member, cguan17.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunglasses pouch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Bihn
    replied
    Not the same exactly, but quite similar.

Leave a comment:

• Just
    replied
    Originally posted by Tom Bihn View Post
    Our Organizer Pouches have proven so popular that we will be introducing Padded Pouches in the coming weeks. They are made of a three layer laminate like the SoftCell laptop sleeve, except thinner foam: 500 Denier Cordura nylon on the outside, soft foam in the middle, and brushed tricot knit on the inside.
    The brushed tricot knit thing... is that like the lining of the Cork organizer pouch, on the cork side?

Leave a comment:

• eristick
    replied
    [shrug] Sounds like the padded pouch to me.

Leave a comment:

• mruseless
    replied
    Well I can't really argue with other people's experience. I don't have that much experience with putting my credit cards next to a magnet myself, except for my ScotteVest pants which have never given my wallet any trouble. I'm basing my opinion off an episode of MythBusters where they attempted to scramble some credit cards. I love that show.

E

Leave a comment:

• apyang
    replied
    Originally posted by mruseless View Post
    Even credit cards are generally unaffected by magnets.
    I'm not sure about that. If you look at the reviews of an eBags messenger bag that has a magnetic clasp ( http://www.ebags.com/ebags/thunder/p...?modelid=59040 ), one reviewer noted that it erased two different debit cards. I've also heard other people say that magnetic clasps on purses can erase credit cards.

Edit: Ignore what I said in post #16...
    Last edited by apyang; 05-07-2007, 11:45 PM. Reason: Add that my post #16 contradicts this post...

Leave a comment:

• mruseless
    replied
    Originally posted by backpack View Post
    A magnet is out of the question because I would constantly worry about that case being close to any electronics.
    Small magnets will not affect most electronics. For example, my Treo case closes with two strong magnets, no problems. Scottevest clothing is designed to hold electronics and gadgets.

Small magnets will only affect magnetic media (like floppies, but who uses those anymore?). Flash media is impervious to all but the strongest magnets. The only problem I've found with magnets is they can erase hotel room keys. Even credit cards are generally unaffected by magnets.

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    That sounds great Tom!

So the alternative are padded pouches with zippers or mini soft cells, what would be the closure with the latest, velcro, same as the laptop soft cell?

Are the forum members keeping your grey cells busy enough with our endless demands for new "portable culture" items?

Thanks for listening to the forum members' feedback and for making great products.

Edited to say: I can wait to see the pictures of the padded pouches!

Leave a comment:

• Tom Bihn
    replied
    Our Organizer Pouches have proven so popular that we will be introducing Padded Pouches in the coming weeks. They are made of a three layer laminate like the SoftCell laptop sleeve, except thinner foam: 500 Denier Cordura nylon on the outside, soft foam in the middle, and brushed tricot knit on the inside. Like the Organizer Pouches, they close with a #5 YKK coil zipper with a <i>plastic</i> slider, so the zipper is less inclined to scratch anything.
    It would be a simple matter to make a Padded Pouch the size to fit sunglasses.
    Alternately, we could make the same thing sans zipper and try them both out.
    How does that sound?

Leave a comment:

• apyang
    replied
    A magnet shouldn't be a problem. I have put my wallet (with credit cards) and my video iPod in ScotteVest pants and jacket pockets with magnets, and have never had a single problem.

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    Velcro is noisy but i like it.

Strings take too much time and are not secure.

A magnet is out of the question because I would constantly worry about that case being close to any electronics.

The bendy wire is out of the question too because I don't want to wrestle with my eyeglass case.

I always favor a zipper and I am sure that a padded pouch with enough room to put the glasses in and out quickly would be ideal.
    The lenses should fave the padded and soft side and a zipper with a slight curve would be good.

Leave a comment:

• mruseless
    replied
    Originally posted by renegadeot View Post
    Doesn't TB have some sort of non annoying velcro?

What about just a single button with the fold over thing I mentioned? That seems like it would be fast to unbutton.
    What about a magnetic closure? ScotteVest uses magnets on some of their pockets, and they work very well.
    Last edited by mruseless; 04-26-2007, 07:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jehingr
    replied
    Waddabout...

How about one of those gizmos with a thin, flexible metal strip sewn into the top on both sides (like my grandmother's change bag thingie). You just push on the ends to bow it open and it flexes back shut when you quit pushing?

Leave a comment:

• renegadeot
    replied
    The thing about zippers is they would have to make it so the zipper wouldn't rake across the glasses.

Doesn't TB have some sort of non annoying velcro?

What about just a single button with the fold over thing I mentioned? That seems like it would be fast to unbutton.

Leave a comment:

• mruseless
    replied
    Originally posted by apyang View Post
    No velcro, please!
    sorry to disagree, I would prefer velcro over drawstrings. Not sure how I feel about a zipper. Just make sure its large enough for sunglasses that don't fold completely flat, like Oakley's.

Leave a comment:

• apyang
    replied
    Originally posted by renegadeot View Post
    What about if it folds over and buttons or velcro's shut? Then you could open it quickly and it wouldn't be too hard to put them back in. What would be great about that is there could be a clip on the other end of the bag. So for example on my Imago it could clip in and hang under the flap (not in the pocket, but still behind the flap), and all I would have to do is reach under the flap, unbutton the bottom of the pouch and pull the glasses out.
    No velcro, please!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X