Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,576   Posts: 188,295   Members: 6,534   Active Members: 280
Welcome to our newest member, Skysarwer.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comparison Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tCook
    replied
    Agree with the suggestions about making each item have its own column. Being able to sort would be a huge plus, as I compare across categories (backpack, laptop bag, travel bag, etc.).

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Originally posted by itsablur View Post
    Thanks Scott! Very handy...

What is the intended means of display for this chart? HTML table? Since this is largely comparative data, I would actually like to see it in more of a proper spreadsheet format (or if your web team is game, a dynamic table of some kind), that way it's easier to sort, filter by criteria, and find exactly what you are looking for.

I've taken a kick at the can of reformatting what you have into what I would personally find useful. Using this format, I can filter out only 400d Dyneema bags for example and do a direct comparison. I stopped after doing the Travel Bags and the Backpacks when I saw how long the list of products actually is... Maybe I'll finish it later tonight/tomorrow when I'm not supposed to be working....

See attached.
    Something like this format is easier for me to open and read on my iPhone (using the iUnarchive app).

moriond

Leave a comment:

• bchaplin
    replied
    Very nice chart!
    May I suggest making separate columns for the English and metric dimensions. The advantage of having one piece of information per column is that people can then sort on this information -- which you can't do if they are 'stacked' on top of one another.
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    Thank you! Nice chart!

Leave a comment:

• bunchgrass
    replied
    Thank you Scott. This comparison chart is WAAAYY overdue and much needed. The chart provides the volume comparison information people often need to decide between the MCB/LCB, Imago and Swift/Little Swift. Great job!!
    Last edited by bunchgrass; 08-29-2013, 03:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dwright17
    replied
    @ScottS - Thanks for putting this spreadsheet together. This is perfect for my needs. I like to compare the different materials and sizes for weight and capacity, and this puts everything in one spot. I don't see the need for any changes based on my review. Thanks for the quick response to a great idea!

Leave a comment:

• itsablur
    replied
    Originally posted by ScottS View Post
    Hey there! We have finished up a draft version of our Weights/Volume/Dimension Spreadsheet! Please look it over and respond with any feedback that you have regarding the layout or content. I will be working on finishing up a final draft within the next couple of weeks, so I would be happy to incorporate any feedback that I get into the final version. I hope you enjoy it! Thanks.
    Thanks Scott! Very handy...

What is the intended means of display for this chart? HTML table? Since this is largely comparative data, I would actually like to see it in more of a proper spreadsheet format (or if your web team is game, a dynamic table of some kind), that way it's easier to sort, filter by criteria, and find exactly what you are looking for.

I've taken a kick at the can of reformatting what you have into what I would personally find useful. Using this format, I can filter out only 400d Dyneema bags for example and do a direct comparison. I stopped after doing the Travel Bags and the Backpacks when I saw how long the list of products actually is... Maybe I'll finish it later tonight/tomorrow when I'm not supposed to be working....

See attached.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• RDR3
    replied
    Originally posted by Skylark View Post
    Great suggestion about the organizer pouches. You just talked me into more purchases. smile

Hey, wait a minute are you on the TB sales staff?? just kidding. more smiles. I appreciate the brainstorming.
    I agree with using Imago. I also have both and the Imago organizes much better, IMO, than the MCB.

Leave a comment:

• Hawaii
    replied
    Sorry, cant download or view on my ipad...

Leave a comment:

• ScottS
    replied
    Weights/Volume/Dimension Spreadsheet

Originally posted by Skylark View Post
    Any chance we could see a spreadsheet / chart showing
    Tom Bihn bag, Dimensions, Weight , Cost all on one screen?
    Hey there! We have finished up a draft version of our Weights/Volume/Dimension Spreadsheet! Please look it over and respond with any feedback that you have regarding the layout or content. I will be working on finishing up a final draft within the next couple of weeks, so I would be happy to incorporate any feedback that I get into the final version. I hope you enjoy it! Thanks.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Just
    replied
    Yeah, it's almost impossible to get pickpocketed with a Chrome bag...

I <3 the organizer pouches too, but want more little D-rings to hang them from!!

Leave a comment:

• thax
    replied
    The organizer pouches really keep you from having a lot of stuff all squished at the bottom, I <3 them.
    As for the pickpocket (PP) thing I found keeping your bag in front of you to be the best way regardless of the bag. Some of the things I heard while in Italy about pickpocket skill was amazing. I took to using one of my Chrome bags with super loud thick velcro (I know, I hate it) that would make it impossible to open without alerting anyone for many miles. It also had 2 snap buckles in addition to the velcro.
    Being aware of your surroundings and attentive is something PP's tend to sense too, they will go on to easier prey. Travel safe =).

thax

Leave a comment:

• Skylark
    replied
    Great suggestion about the organizer pouches. You just talked me into more purchases. smile

Hey, wait a minute are you on the TB sales staff?? just kidding. more smiles. I appreciate the brainstorming.

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    A couple of other suggestions for using the Imago: the ones made of Ballistic nylon will offer more support for the binoculars and Bose headphones. (You're probably thinking about this anyway, since these have the fabrics that match the Aeronaut). As an additional pickpocket deterrant you could slip some of these items into Organizer Pouches and clip them onto the small rings (two on either end of the inside front of the main pocket; one just above the right outside pocket beneath the flap). Take a look at the Interior 2 view of the Imago. The key chain on the left is hanging off a lanyard attached to the left inside main pocket. There's a second outer pocket ring on the right, just to the left of the earphones. A third ring is located on the inside right side of the main pocket.

As a guideline, the large organizer pouch about matches the front of the Imago. It's outer sides span the right and left seams and the top edge sits about at the seam where the straps connect on the older Imago (I have the same one that Just has in Cordura). You can judge relative sizes accordingly from the Small/Medium/Large view. That probably means medium pouches to fit binoculars or the Bose headphones. The small pouch would fit an iPod, and is also available in a Cork version.

Leave a comment:

• Skylark
    replied
    Thanks for the second on the Imago nomination.

Ok, no prob that there is no padding - you are so right - there will be other things to pack to create my own soft/light weight padding.

Tons of thanks to Darcy and Tom for creating and fostering this forum. It is wonderful to have such a sharing, caring customer base of support for us newbies and oldies (opps, strike that) seasoned TB fans. (how's that for pc?)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X