Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,523   Posts: 187,769   Members: 6,485   Active Members: 310
Welcome to our newest member, questah043.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update on Backorders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meekasmom
    replied
    Is it allowed to give us any hints on fabrics? will there be one version in dyneema?

Leave a comment:

• jeff
    replied
    Bummer to find out that Nordic is gone. I'll be waiting at least some reasonable amount of time to see what comes of the Medium Cafe Bag (sorry, not much into throwing around acronyms for no good reason -- said it, done) in the lighter weight fabrics in non-boring colors (as well as not olive or other military-related colors).

Just as a bit of information, if you're not someone who has (a) taken the time to register for the forums, and (b) spend the time to read through pages and pages of posts, you don't have a clue that there will be any refresh of colors, or when that might be. I'd recommend that the main site be more clear on the policy for color selection on each product page (or at least a link to the policy on each page). The colors link, by its completeness and very presence, easily suggests that the bag will be and/or can be ordered in most of those colors in short order.

Leave a comment:

• itsablur
    replied
    Originally posted by Darcy View Post
    Soon! Perhaps even by the end of next week. That said, when they're back, I expect they'll go quickly...
    Any new colours or combinations? I'm always wondering if I should trade up from a CP to a Pilot... TBAS is growing (thanks to the A30 [for the wife], Daylight, NFTD, Laundry Sac, etc.). Must... resist...

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by happig42 View Post
    Any word on when pilot is coming back?
    Soon! Perhaps even by the end of next week. That said, when they're back, I expect they'll go quickly...

Leave a comment:

• meekasmom
    replied
    If anyone knows, spill the beans PLEASE.

Leave a comment:

• happig42
    replied
    Any word on when pilot is coming back?

Leave a comment:

• jess
    replied
    Originally posted by Moosezilla View Post
    No worries! I'm glad it'll be going to a great new home!
    I can't wait to see it! And the fact that I bought it from another forum member makes me feel like I've officially joined the club lol

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Originally posted by GoStanford View Post
    Apologies if this question has been answered elsewhere. For pre-orders on new bags like the NFTD, what is the cutoff to order for the first round being made in mid-August? Likewise for September?

And if we have multiple pre-orders with new items, can those be combined? It adds work for the Crew to cross-check and combine orders, and they have done such a great job catching up after the pre-emptive measures to handle backorders and low-stock items prior to this release.
    @GoStanford There isn't a cutoff date per se for the different production round batches, instead it is based on the demand for items and color options. So if you look at the A30 web options, you'll see backorder dates are already pushed back for black Ballistic Nylon bags.

It's probably a good idea to try to set up orders close to the way you'd like them shipped. TB staff can combine them later, but it's a job to get the new postage calculated correctly, and I've had packages arrive (or rather, not arrive) with postage due because of this. Still, they'll do their best with combining orders or shipping out some items early if you change your mind.

HTH. moriond

Leave a comment:

• GoStanford
    replied
    Apologies if this question has been answered elsewhere. For pre-orders on new bags like the NFTD, what is the cutoff to order for the first round being made in mid-August? Likewise for September?

And if we have multiple pre-orders with new items, can those be combined? It adds work for the Crew to cross-check and combine orders, and they have done such a great job catching up after the pre-emptive measures to handle backorders and low-stock items prior to this release.

Leave a comment:

• Moosezilla
    replied
    Originally posted by jess View Post
    And soon you will be sending it to me! I'm going to send payment now. Sorry it took so long, I'm at work.
    No worries! I'm glad it'll be going to a great new home!

Leave a comment:

• jess
    replied
    Originally posted by Moosezilla View Post
    Check out my thread here: http://forums.tombihn.com/photos-vid...g-arrived.html

There are pictures comparing the SCB, MCB, and the iPad Ristretto. And yes, that very Aubergine Ristretto is the one listed on eBay right now.
    And soon you will be sending it to me! I'm going to send payment now. Sorry it took so long, I'm at work.

Leave a comment:

• vivelly
    replied
    Originally posted by meekasmom View Post
    I am holding a steel parapack s19 hostage at the moment. waiting for a MCB in nordic/solar to arrive to make the decision. I did not like the look of parapack. maybe others do?
    ooooo,,in case you dont like the MCB in nordic/solar..could you please let me know??? ;-)

Leave a comment:

• KatrinkaWinkle
    replied
    I don't think ballistic would work well on a bag that has so many curves and seams. It's stiffer than the other fabrics.

Dyneema is great for pet hair, and I believe parapack is also. I have a white dog and cordura is the only fabric I've had a pet-hair problem with, and not even on all colors. For example, black cordura does not mix well with my white dog, but I never see anything on the storm cordura bag I have.

Leave a comment:

• Janine
    replied
    Originally posted by Trailhiker View Post
    I personally love the "look" of the parapack material,
    It's very clean and sleek.
    Out of all available materials I feel it the most dressy.
    Especially the Navy! Parapack is beautiful and lustrous and doesn't look like an outdoor fabric at all.

Leave a comment:

• Janine
    replied
    Originally posted by terayon View Post
    I'm not sure how well this would go. The ballistic nylon is less flexible than the other fabrics, and I think maybe the shape of all the pieces of the Synapse would result in a stiff bag that bulges weirdly.
    Yup, exactly. The seams on the Synapse are curved and provide shape and structure, and a certain amount of bend is necessary in the exterior and interior fabrics in order to make it all work. A Ballistic S19 would probably be rigid and unhappy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X