Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,498   Posts: 187,500   Members: 6,458   Active Members: 330
Welcome to our newest member, scjoyner.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Colors in Medium Cafe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bermudajes View Post
    Are there MCBs out there with plum lining? Because I'm pretty sure I NEED a black/plum bag. Or perhaps a steel/plum bag.
    Sadly Plum is only an external fabric as it is 1000d. There were Navy parapack/UV SCBs a few months ago. And of course Black (dyneema)/UV SCBs and MCBs, which kind of flew off the shelves the last run. I don't think there's ever been a purple cordura lining. Blue, yes-- Sapphire and Deep Blue. Uh... @moriond?

Originally posted by WenV View Post
    Since receiving my Olive/UV Side Effect, I've really fallen in love with the Olive parapak material.... Which is making me hanker for more Olive 420d bags, namely the SCB and Synapse19. Does anyone own the Olive / olive SCB, and the Olive /Steel SCB? I'm trying to figure which one to go for. Wondering if the Steel would be too dark like the Navy 420d on the inside of my Burnt Orange MCB. Any thoughts and /or experience would be much appreciated.
    I have an Olive/Steel SCB. @RhoFro too, IIRC. FWIW now, no, I don't think Steel pp is too dark as a lining. Certainly not when compared to Navy. Nothing beats Navy; that one creates a black (literally) hole.

I'll post some pics when I get home from the library if no-one's responded by then. I loooooove Olive.
    Last edited by adalangdon; 09-01-2014, 06:12 AM.

Comment

SCB Interior under indoor white ceiling light. Visibility's okay, IMO.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	293190

Outside/inside shot. Note that while Steel parapack is a bit green, it's hardly discernible when matched with Olive!

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	180.3 KB
ID:	293191

Comment

Originally posted by adalangdon View Post
        Sadly Plum is only an external fabric as it is 1000d. There were Navy parapack/UV SCBs a few months ago. And of course Black (dyneema)/UV SCBs and MCBs, which kind of flew off the shelves the last run. I don't think there's ever been a purple cordura lining. Blue, yes-- Sapphire and Deep Blue. Uh... @moriond?
        @adalangdon AFAIK this is correct; no plum or solid purple linings for Cafe Bags, and for blue interiors there wre Sapphire and Deep Blue Cordura, then Navy Parapack. There is UV Dyneema lining, and since @bermudajes is looking for a purple fix that won't clash with her Aubergine Aeronaut, options like the Navy/UV Cafe Bag (solid color) or Black 400d Dyneema/UV Cafe Bag of 2 months ago would work quite well.
        Originally posted by adalangdon View Post
        I have an Olive/Steel SCB. @RhoFro too, IIRC. FWIW now, no, I don't think Steel pp is too dark as a lining. Certainly not when compared to Navy. Nothing beats Navy; that one creates a black (literally) hole.

I'll post some pics when I get home from the library if no-one's responded by then. I loooooove Olive.
        Although I'm not a big Olive fan, I've always liked the Olive/Wasabi color combination in the Cafe Bags, as in @peregrina's pictures at the start of the Medium Cafe Bag packing lists thread:

But I agree that Steel Parapack lining is not too dark.

moriond

Comment

Any pics of the Burnt Orange/Navy MCB color combination? Would love to see that!
          Family, Guitar, Design, Travel....get after it!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff A View Post
            Any pics of the Burnt Orange/Navy MCB color combination? Would love to see that!
            @Jeff A I don't recall specific posts of the Medium cafe bag in Burnt Orange/Navy but if you want to see some pictures of Burnt Orange bags, including a small cafe bag, @ceepee has posted some. The best views of cafe bags in her burnt orange collection that I recall are in the Tom Bihn based tiered EDC thread.

HTH moriond

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post
              @Jeff A I don't recall specific posts of the Medium cafe bag in Burnt Orange/Navy but if you want to see some pictures of Burnt Orange bags, including a small cafe bag, @ceepee has posted some. The best views of cafe bags in her burnt orange collection that I recall are in the Tom Bihn based tiered EDC thread.

HTH moriond
              Thanks @moriond! The 2nd pic on that thread is Burnt Orange/Navy I believe. It's very cool! Thanks
              Family, Guitar, Design, Travel....get after it!

Comment

Hi,

Can anyone point me a few photos of 420 Parapack Black?
                I kinda wonder what is the difference between the Cordura/Ballistic Black, beside its smooth surface.
                Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
                Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
                Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
                Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Comment

P/p is nearly as light but a bit thicker than dyneema. Pp is also shiny, unlike Cordura. As for black p/p, when the light shines on it, it looks quite like black satin. Not very easy to capture in photos, unfortunately...

Comment

Thanks @adalangdon.
                    I think I get what you mean.
                    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
                    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
                    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
                    Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Comment

Working...
                    X