Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,498   Posts: 187,501   Members: 6,458   Active Members: 330
Welcome to our newest member, scjoyner.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filling TB bags/pouches with the 10 essentials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like your choices. I also like a kleenex or five. A few vasaline soaked cotton balls and maybe a snack bar would be good too. I'd save room for a map of your travel area with some emergency contact info on it.
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Comment

Filling TB bags/pouches with the 10 essentials

Originally posted by carl0 View Post
      Is that the Vic Classic? Hard to tell, but if so, I would suggest a larger one, like the Climber II or the Tinker. Something that size (still pretty small and light) will buy you a much better knife for cutting, and real tools like working screwdrivers.

I have a Classic on my keychain, but honestly, it's best feature is having a toothpick handy! The knife on it is barely usable for opening all my Amazon boxes....
      I knew I should have sprung for the better one. Argued with the honey on that one. I'll go exchange them on my own!
      Last edited by Pokilani; 09-02-2014, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post
        I like your choices. I also like a kleenex or five. A few vasaline soaked cotton balls and maybe a snack bar would be good too. I'd save room for a map of your travel area with some emergency contact info on it.
        Moose
        Moose, what is the Vaseline soaked cotton ball for? My kit has stuff for blister. Would it be something like a stick of glide?

Comment

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I'm learning a lot. We've never even gone out of the city for our adventures yet, but I imagine we'll get a little more adventurous.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokilani View Post
            Moose, what is the Vaseline soaked cotton ball for? My kit has stuff for blister. Would it be something like a stick of glide?
            You can use it to start a fire...

Comment

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I'm learning a lot. We've never even gone out of the city for our adventures yet, but I imagine we'll get a little more adventurous.
              You'll find that these things, especially the swiss army knife and the first aid kit, are useful anywhere. I always have my SAK on me, and it's amazing how handy it is for little things, having a scissor or a screwdriver on hand.

Once you venture out of the city, make sure you have a map in addition to all the new fangled phone GPS things the kids all have these days! :-)

Comment

As Carl0 says, they make fire starting much easier. I usethem in my wood stove at home pretty regularly. Good for chapped lips too, should the need arise. Chapstick burns pretty readily as well.
                Moose
                List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Comment

Working...
                X