Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,744   Posts: 190,301   Members: 6,604   Active Members: 256
Welcome to our newest member, IJPWilda05.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dimensions of the center compartment in Night Flight Duffel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dimensions of the center compartment in Night Flight Duffel

Does anyone know the dimensions of the center compartment in Night Flight Duffel, I want to see if a pair of dress shoes fit it the middle compartment, thanks.

Womens size 10 do not fit unless diagonal.

It's about 2 travel trays long. I can't find a measuring tape at the moment, only TB rulers and other TB products. HTH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Comment

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. That was extremely useful especially the pictures with the travel tray. Thanks for the quick help.

Comment

Hi kkintea, how do you like your Steel/Steel NFTD? I missed put on the Black Dyneema option and thinking of placing an order next week. Do you find the Steel interior a bit too dark? I was hoping to get a lighter colored fabric interior. Also, do you find the Ballistic a bit stiff and uncomfortable to carry by your side using the shoulder strap? Thanks in advance!

Comment

The NFTD is really quite compact. I carried it by the handles quite a bit on my last flight with it, even though I had an absolute strap. It felt natural. I took the padding out, so I'm glad it's ballistic. It retains its shape even when packed full. I am very partial to steel/steel - my Little Swift is the same combo. It's just enough flair for me (versus black). I also grew to like solar, and outgrew wasabi as lining colors. To be honest, I maximize the NFTD by using Eagle Creek Specter Cubes, which are light/bright colors against the steel lining. The only downside is accommodating a second pair of shoes. Perhaps someone with the black Dyneema version could chime in on whether it's more forgiving.

Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Comment

I was able to put an Eagle Creek half cube in the middle compartment, so I'd say in the neighborhood of 7 x 10 inches. Not big enough for shoes (I'm a 7.5 US women's size) unless on the diagonal. Not enough for a rolled up pair of jeans either (unless diagonal) so I returned mine. I was so sad. I love love love the coyote/steel dyneema combination.
            Getting to the point with too many bags to list them all. Current daily carry is a PickUp Truck and Everyday Cubelet. Love all my shop bags, ghost whales, cubelets. Hoping to travel again soon to use my A30 and co-pilot.

Comment

Originally posted by sturbridge View Post
              I was able to put an Eagle Creek half cube in the middle compartment, so I'd say in the neighborhood of 7 x 10 inches. Not big enough for shoes (I'm a 7.5 US women's size) unless on the diagonal. Not enough for a rolled up pair of jeans either (unless diagonal) so I returned mine. I was so sad. I love love love the coyote/steel dyneema combination.
              I wear size 7.5 US women's and fit them across (not diagonal) (tried with both New Balance running shoes and Luna sandals). They do push a little into one side compartment but not enough to lose much space. Once the shoes are in, there's enough space on the bottom for a Eagle Creek half tube (long and narrow). This makes a good first layer. A woman's size 8 would not fit across and would have to go diagonal.

Comment

They do push a little into one side compartment but not enough to lose much space.
                Yeah, I'd packed the end compartments first when I tried putting the shoes in the middle, so I got resistance in putting shoes in straight.
                Getting to the point with too many bags to list them all. Current daily carry is a PickUp Truck and Everyday Cubelet. Love all my shop bags, ghost whales, cubelets. Hoping to travel again soon to use my A30 and co-pilot.

Comment

Working...
                X