Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,741   Posts: 190,276   Members: 6,602   Active Members: 265
Welcome to our newest member, Cycw95.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Side Effect Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brendabethman, you definitely need an intervention. No worries, I'm here for you. The only way to save yourself from further addiction issues you must send me your new Side Effect immediately. I will pay the postage for you so, no excuses now...

Actually I have a SE problem too. I need more of them, I'm waiting for new colors.
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Comment

Originally posted by brendabethman View Post
      If they ever make an azalea SE, I will be on it!
      Azalea is one of my favorites. I would buy an S19 in Azalea with the palest of grey/yellow/mango/kiwi interior. Yum.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeylady View Post
        How did you know I ordered Aubergine/UV? Wow.
        Actually my first SE was black ballistic/wasabi. The second was steel dyneema/wasabi for use inside my S25 of the same colors. My THIRD was aubergine/UV. So lovely. Of course, you notice I am NOT mentioning my pile of TTs, LSBs, SSBs, PCSBs of which I have 4, 2, 4, 5 or so......
        WAIT! There was an aubergine/UV SE?!? If that were to come back, I would order it in a second! The one is just got is black/wasabi.

Comment

WAIT! There was an aubergine/UV SE?!? If that were to come back, I would order it in a second! The one is just got is black/wasabi.
          Yes, indeed, and it was gone in the blink of an eye. Surely it will be back....someday. I'm waiting on a linen cordura one, a grey one, a French blue one.......
          The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Comment

Yes, indeed, and it was gone in the blink of an eye. Surely it will be back....someday. I'm waiting on a linen cordura one, a grey one, a French blue one.......
            A French blue would be amazing.......

Comment

the only problem with the SE is it not being available in Forest or Conifer -
              never skate faster than your guardian angel can fly....black and gold til I'm dead and cold....
              be nice - until it's time to not be nice.......what separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize...

Comment

Aubergine is lovely. Just sayin'...

Me and mine out for lunch today.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	564.8 KB
ID:	293352

Comment

Originally posted by hamiltee View Post
                  Aubergine is lovely. Just sayin'...
                  That is lovely. And tempting.....

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post
                    @monkeylady, Didn't you mean that your road with the SE stopped with the second aubergine SE -- the one that you ordered in Aubergine/Ultraviolet?
                    How did you know I ordered Aubergine/UV? Wow.
                    Actually my first SE was black ballistic/wasabi. The second was steel dyneema/wasabi for use inside my S25 of the same colors. My THIRD was aubergine/UV. So lovely. Of course, you notice I am NOT mentioning my pile of TTs, LSBs, SSBs, PCSBs of which I have 4, 2, 4, 5 or so......
                    @monkeylady When I referred to "the second aubergine SE -- the one that you ordered in Aubergine/Ultraviolet" I didn't mean that this was the second Side Effect that you purchased, I meant that the Side Effect in Aubergine/Ultraviolet was the second Aubergine Side Effect color option that was offered (announced as available for back order in mid-late April 2014, and shipped in May), following the original offering of the Aubergine/Wasabi SE color combination that is still currently available. The Steel Dyneema/Wasabi SE sounds lovely -- was that the earlier version in 200d Dynemma or the 400d Dyneema Steel? I have the 400d Dyneema Steel/Solar SE (and my S25 is also 400d Steel/Wasabi, so it would have been nice to match the colors, but I hesitated too long over this -- I already had a Black Dyneema/Wasabi SE (featured in many of my Side Effect picture posts to the forum), and the Nordic Dyneema/Solar SE (purchased immediately when this combination was offered, shortly before the Pilots were sent out at the beginning of the year). I finally cracked and ordered the SE in 400d Steel/Solar when I saw the 400d Dyneema Steel Packing Cube Shoulder Bag in person, and there was no Steel/Wasabi option by that time.

As for how I knew you had the Aubergine/UV SE, you posted (#38) a lovely picture of this Side Effect when it arrived under the "purse issues" and questions from a fashion failure thread, with just a sliver of the Ultraviolet lining showing:
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	6408d1401226164-purse-issues-questions-fashion-failure-imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1401226165.89110.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	293353

Of course, you're not alone in your admiration for the Aubergine/UV SE or penchant for posting pictures of same. Next up, @Moose:

Originally posted by Moose View Post
                    brendabethman, you definitely need an intervention. No worries, I'm here for you. The only way to save yourself from further addiction issues you must send me your new Side Effect immediately. I will pay the postage for you so, no excuses now...

Actually I have a SE problem too. I need more of them, I'm waiting for new colors.
                    Moose
                    @Moose posted pictures in her Recovery from TBAS thread:

@brendabethman If you like the Aubergine/UV color combination, you might be able to order a Pocket Pouch in that color combination. Scroll down to the later posts in @Moose's Recovery from TBAS to see an example of this. Or take a look at the Pocket Pouches in @Pangifone's TB Antificpation Syndrome post (#1536 in that thread):

Originally posted by Pangifone View Post
                    My girly pocket pouches are here!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8493[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8494[/ATTACH]

Pictures with and without flash.

I believe the colors are, from left to right:
                    * Aubergine/Ultraviolet (the one I got last week)
                    * Kiwi/Ultraviolet
                    * Forest/Wasabi
                    * Navy/Solar
                    * Aubergine/Iberian

Love 'em! Pictures never really do them justice, but I'm noticing that especially with the kiwi. It's really beautiful in person, and kinda blah in my picture. (Blame to the photography "skills", not to the fabric!)

HTH moriond
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by moriond; 09-13-2014, 03:34 PM. Reason: fixed quoted image links so they appear inline

Comment

That is lovely. And tempting.....
                      @brendabethman If you need more help with enabling pictures of the Side Effect in Aubergine, try viewing some of @taminca's pictures from the Third Time's the Charm with Nordic thread, and from the Something's Different on the Side Effect thread. Her pictures are very accurate in their colors, and although those threads also show other bags/accessories in contrast, it will give you an idea of what the Aubergine Side Effect looks like against other bag fabric combinations and colors (including the colors with the SE open and the Wasabi lining showing).

Here's one of the pictures from the Something's Different on the Side Effect thread, which is actually about the change from black pull cords with tabs to the new gun metal grey zippers. This gives you an idea of pouches that fit in the SE, and some of the colors. (Read the rest of the thread for Darcy's comments about ways of dressing up the zippers with colored Paracord accents):

HTH moriond

Comment

@moriond You're killing me! And I am now THISCLOSE to sending an email tomorrow to add an aubergine SE to my order before it ships on Monday......

Comment

@moriond You're killing me! And I am now THISCLOSE to sending an email tomorrow to add an aubergine SE to my order before it ships on Monday......
                          @brendabethman I figure that I should give equal time enabling to @Ilkyway's Aubergine Side Effect pictures from her post (#28) in the What's in your bag? My SE and everyday stuff thread:

And, for a different view that is not so Side-Effect-centric, here's @Ilkyway's Aubergine/Wasabi Side Effect carried along with an umbrella inside a Small Nordic/Solar Cafe Bag (from the SCB or MCB for sightseeing? (or another bag?) thread):

HTH moriond

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post

And, for a different view that is not so Side-Effect-centric, here's @Ilkyway's Aubergine/Wasabi Side Effect carried along with an umbrella inside a Small Nordic/Solar Cafe Bag (from the SCB or MCB for sightseeing? (or another bag?) thread):

HTH moriond

Nordic.... my preciousssssssss. Want!

Comment

do you need an intervention now?

Comment

I think we're beyond that as I have moved on to thinking about how disappointed I will be if I don't order it and they run out..... :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X