Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,623   Posts: 188,921   Members: 6,609   Active Members: 294
Welcome to our newest member, lammy.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Side Effect Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brendabethman View Post
    Cat lady here! So relieved that TB does not make cat products......

Hey, the kitties need a bug out bag too! Or an alternate nesting place. Just sayin'. I have cats, no dog, and one Skookum Dog Duffle. Think outside the ....er..... box!

/enabling off now. )

Comment

All the bags I have purchased recently (A30, Co-Pilot, SE) have been aubergine/wasabi - it's the perfect combo for me - they are two of my favorite colors and they go with most of my wardrobe.

That being said... lately I have found myself ogling burnt orange, which is problematic when you live in Texas and are NOT a UT alum. But a burnt orange/wasabi Side Effect? That would fill in most of the remaining gaps in my small bag needs. I would buy that without thinking twice.

Comment

Cat lady here! So relieved that TB does not make cat products......
        At our house, every TB bag is a cat product if we're not careful. When I get a shipment, I just leave the box on the floor for a few days and everyone is happy!

Comment

Originally posted by Washu View Post
          That being said... lately I have found myself ogling burnt orange, which is problematic when you live in Texas and are NOT a UT alum. But a burnt orange/wasabi Side Effect? That would fill in most of the remaining gaps in my small bag needs. I would buy that without thinking twice.
          The burnt orange is nice, but having worked previously at A&M, I understand your dilemma :-) It would look nice with the aubergine, though.

Comment

The burnt orange is nice, but having worked previously at A&M, I understand your dilemma :-) It would look nice with the aubergine, though.
            This is precisely my dilemma - aubergine and burnt orange are a great combo, but I am a former employee of U of Houston as well as getting my graduate degrees there. And red is NOT a good color for me. I will probably give in to my burnt orange craving and spend many months answering the inevitable, "Oh, did you go to UT?" questions. Alternatively, I could move.

Comment

You'll need a T shirt with special graphics: NO, I DID NOT GO TO UT!
              The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Comment

FYI that the forum enablers got a shout out from Luke the bag guru when he replied to me to confirm that he was adding the aubergine SE to my order. Good job all around! :-)

Comment

Here is a photo showing the results of your enabling :-) Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411219293.483644.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	237.0 KB
ID:	293382

Comment

Aren't you glad you succumbed? Isn't it beautiful? Now that fall is arriving, slowly but surely in the Pacific NW, it is my EDC for the season. I'm finding that the color really works with everything I wear.
                    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeylady View Post
                      Isn't it beautiful?
                      No, it's really ugly. No, it's really ugly. No, it's really ugly.

How many times will I have to say that to convince myself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by monkeylady View Post
                        Aren't you glad you succumbed? Isn't it beautiful? Now that fall is arriving, slowly but surely in the Pacific NW, it is my EDC for the season. I'm finding that the color really works with everything I wear.
                        Yes, I am glad! It's now my EDC as well, along with an MCB for my laptop and other work stuff I had been using just the MCB, but it's a bit large, so I like having something small that I can carry on its own or put in the other bag. And the aubergine is SO pretty :-)

Comment

Our work here is done. ;-) Except for Pokilani.

Comment

The only thing I would change about the SE is - aside from the Green thing - is to put the Tom Bihn logo tape on the corner like the 3DFOP - or maybe a Tom Bihn logo patch....you can never own enough Tom Bihn signage....
                            never skate faster than your guardian angel can fly....black and gold til I'm dead and cold....
                            be nice - until it's time to not be nice.......what separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize...

Comment

Working...
                            X